Media DragonMedia: One hundred Sweet FA players offer thoughts and prayers for Greenery's 100th game

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello everyone! This weekend will be Dragons co-captain Greenery's 100th Sweet FA game, and tradition dictates that a media thread shall be created to celebrate his contributions to this league. We all know of the highlights of his time in Sweet: his EKA Medal victory after his debut season at the Furies, his All-SFA selection after an excellent season in the midfield at the Demons in Season 34, his first Sweet FA premiership off the back of eight consecutive victories at the Old Boys in Season 35, and his recent move to the Dragons where he has taken on a captaincy role.

99 Games (54 x FUR, 23 x MBD, 14 x DRA, 8 x OOB)
1x Premiership Player (Season 35 - Old Boys)
EKA Medalist (Season 31)
1x All-SFA Selection (Season 34 - Mt. Buller Demons)
1x Nuffers Medal (Season 31 - Best Furies Rookie)
16 Hit-outs
766 Kicks
189 Marks
637 Handballs
261 Tackles
141 Frees For
96 Frees Against
101 Goals
78 Behinds
1403 Disposals

5736 Dreamteam Points

Greenery has been a fairly well loved character in his time in the Sweet FA, with four Top 20 finishes in the beez rankings - but there has been some drama along the way: from his bizarre name changes from GREENESHOOTS to CrimsonViolet to Greenery, and the e-girl phase at the Furies that I'm sure he regrets to some capacity. Of course there was the contentious mid-season trade from the Demons to the Old Boys in Season 35, and afterwards a less than amicable exit from aforementioned Old Boys to join the Dragons this past off-season.

So what do the people think of Greenery? I could think of no better way to do this, than to fire up the auto dialer and see what popped up.

100 PMs sent...what would come back?

162795.jpg

“Who?” ~ GreyCrow

“Never heard of him” ~ Dinsdale

“I don't even know who that is mate.” ~ pantskyle

“With all honesty and all heart, who the * is Greenery?” ~ Matera92

“lol nah” ~ thewizardmelon

“*******.” ~ TJASTA

“When I first met GREENESHOOTS I thought, this guy sucks.” ~ Supersuns

“I have nothing to say about Greenery” ~ ClarkeM

“did anyone do this when I played 100 games? have i played 100 games yet? is anyone keeping track, because i’m not?” ~ jmoo wan

i-just-met-him-on-this-bus-lester-corncrake.gif ~ Chat Pile

"Mate I honestly haven't had much to do with him - not sure what to say." ~ philreich

"Who? Oh that guy, he's alright I guess if you ignore the obsession with dong shaped food" ~ Bradesmaen

"Bastard keeps knocking back my recruitment requests. Go to hell." ~ beez

“I recruited Greenery before it was cool, absolute dog.” ~ JoshWoodenSpoon

"What can I say about Greenery that won’t get me permabanned?
Yeah. That about covers it.”
~ Brenton Davy

“After playing a total of 0 games with Greenery, I am hoping that streaks continue as I believe he is a terrible human being.” ~ JyeDye

“Greenery & I played 28 games together. I would prefer to eat my own hair like it’s 2 minute noodles for the rest of my life than play another game with that nerd” ~ Senor M

“I would say I have never heard of or interreacted Greenery in my life, but we apparently played 14 games together so I'm sure they're a lovely poster... congrats Green!” ~ Toump Ass

"Who, Greenery? Well, I guess he's a solid bloke (at times) and I think I'll always remember the guy as my second favourite captain in my first season 😉 Congrats on the ton mate 👏" ~ King Tenz

“Greenery recruited me with the promise of fulfilling my "potential"; if this is what he considers success, his idea of failure must be a circle of Hell that Dante couldn't even conceive of.” ~ James Colorado

“Greenery Is a campaigner. Yeah I tried to recruit him once. He ran under a better name then and was also a better poster and generally less of a campaigner. I wouldn't waste my time these days. Good one you for your thing tho.” ~ Cadsky

"A great advertisement for the benefits of smoking." ~ NinjaSwan

“Kinda weird but a good sort” ~ big_icky

“I've known "G" for 1/5th of his SFA qareer and in that time he has proven to sometimes be maybe good and sometimes be maybe s**t.” ~ Frederico_WA

“What can I say about the elusive Greenery; when I joined the Furies, he left to join the Demons, and when I joined the Demons, he left to join the OOBs and then the Dragons – congrats, Greenery, and sorry (?) for my presence offending you 🤗 ~ Scythe94

“Just seems like yesterday I was Captain of the Furies and a young rookie called GREENESHOOTS turned up to the Hippodrome keen to play qooty season 31.
Flog.jpg
Greenery started on the Half Forward Flank, showed some speed and found a spot on the Wing. When the Furies award selection panel had to decide on who was going to be awarded the Nuffers Medal (Best Rookie) it was obvious who has been the most annoying rook flog, and the one we had the hardest time keeping in his dumpster, of course it was GREENESHOOTS.
GREENESHOOTS had taken to the SFA like a duck to water and was a natural at getting under the oppo’s skin. GREENESHOOTS quickly developed into a capable match thread antagonist and flew the Furies flag proudly against all oppo posters. To add to his accomplishments for his rook season, he also delivered a tirade of scandalous media based on non-truths and bullsh!t which enraged members of the SFA and endeared him to us the Furies. Basically GREENESHOOTS was the biggest pain in the arse rookie for the Furies S31 and up there for being the most annoying flog to the whole of the SFA. Seems like things haven't changed in 100 games, well done Greenery on making 100 games you annoying flog!”
~ Tigerturbulance

“They’re great” ~ cooney

“Congrats Greenery on your 100 games you nerdsy campaigner!” ~ BLUEALLTHRU

“Of all of the Sweet FA players, Greenery is certainly one of them! Congrats mate” ~ SarahSmiles

"Greenery is like the ideal party plus one- solid company and somewhat memorable, but ultimately not good enough to upstage you." ~ Falconista

“Greenery your longevity is testament to your resilience. Congratulations on your 100th game.” ~ norway blue

“Happy 100th game to the lushest player in Sweet, one of the best SC nommers and an integral part of the behemoth that is the Dragons! Here's hoping your back holds up for finals” ~ Ocha905

“SFA is that slightly more polished because of well…..you know….. actually do we even like him? Nah we like Green. Well done on 100 games” ~ Bovo

“Greenery has been a teammate, enemy, and melt to me over the seasons we've shared, good poster though, happy 100th” ~ Pickitt

“Green, mean, and one of the of all time” ~ MayTheNorthBeWithU

“He's a saucy little minx!” ~ HARPSichord

"His posts make me laugh, but he wouldn't know that I exist." ~ moginie

“Great player, song contest whore. Well done” ~ The Jesus

“Greenery is a Sweet FA genius: Darren Jarman wishes he could do the things Greenery does.” ~ dogs105

“Greenery wrote his name into history by being the only person to have been simultaneously banned from Langtrees, Perth Oval, Adventure World and the Battye Library for gross indecency… thrice… krakouers gave it 7/8 Coat openings” ~ krakouers

“Ahhh Greenery, by far the easiest player to troll ” ~ Ligma

“Green is my favourite colour. So I'd like Greenery even if I didn't actually like him. But I'd probably like him anyway, even if I hated the colour. I like 100 as well, so congratulations on reaching the milestone Greenery. But I'd prefer if it was your 63rd game. I like 63 more than 100.” ~ sausageroll

“Greenery is a very good addition to one's diet.” ~ Braklet

“The Merriam-Webster Dictionary describes "Greenery" as "foliage or plants".” ~ PhenomenalV1

“Green plants, or branches that have been cut off from plants, especially when used as decoration.” ~ Jhye Clark 13

“Greenery - The SFA Bush that has never been trimmed. Every team needs a Greenery, in fact most would like … A SHRUBBERY! Congratulations on your 100 Games.” ~ 3KZ is Football

“As the old saying goes, the grass is always Greenery on the other side.” ~ GremioPower

200.gif ~ Tarkyn_24

162928.jpg 165631.jpg ~ The Filth Wizard

"When do you need to get this in by?" ~ FootyGuy13

"Yeah, happy to prose. :thumbsu: " ~ TheInjuryFactory (Narrator: TIF did not end up prosing)

"Mum always taught me if you can say something nice about someone, its best to say nothing, so I'd like to say to you Greenery on your 100th game, congrats on... nothing!" ~ Mrs Turbo

“'Greenery' - A very funny poster, not afraid to stir the pot. I really enjoyed playing along side him at both the Furies and Old Boys. Congrats on your 100th.” ~ U2tigers

“The better man won the EKA Rising Star in season 31” ~ DenieD

"One of the many EKA winners to peak in his rookie season." ~ NaturalDisaster

"Greenery has cunningly sidestepped the EKA curse by not being any good to begin with. Congrats on 100 games." ~ tony

“Another victim of the EKA curse” ~ Millky95

“Greenery. Three usernames, eight SFA clubs, 100 games. A Fremantle fan that prefers Bergamo to Beaconsfield. The only EKA winner in living history to actually avoid The Curse (the runner-up copped it instead). A tinny bugger that was traded into a premiership, then left again right before the team sank like a lead balloon. Anyhoo, happy birthday lad.” ~ Tonga Bob

“Greenery is quite a big Godzilla supporter, that makes him good people to me. Happy 100 games to a champion player.” ~ The Majestic

“I pray for his soul! tbh, I don't know Greenery well enough to really comment with any confidence. If I'm truly honest, in the short time he was at the OOBs, he struck me as a little smooth and trying a tiny bit too hard to be clever or cool and a bit of a cold fish but he didn't stay very long with us at all so I really am judging on very little. We might just have been a bad fit and his qooty manager got him to a club he felt uncomfortable at! He got there and almost immediately thought it wasn't for him or something, is my guess. Also, unfortunately for him he'd be traded in for Callum Guns who I found was the opposite of all of the above. So that probably didn't help. Trading out a favourite son for an upstart was the scenario! So in the spirit of if you can't say anything nice, best not to say anything at all... I'll go for the latter. He's almost certainly likely to be a much better and more likeable guy than I'm giving him credit for. I don't think he's evil if that helps! He's level-headed and I respect the fact that he knows his own mind and isn't scared to ruffle feathers. x” ~ Fleabane

“Greenery, the one poster who improved his usernames over time. Take note Kennedy Parker” ~ sante

“Greenery is a man of many names, Greeneshoots, CrimsonViolet, Dockerden2015 to list a few and none of which are particularly good.” ~ Kennedy Parker

“Despite so few games and many forgettable names with less than memorable teams, Greenslopes* has somehow made their mark. *How a Brisbanal suburb manages to play Qooty is a mystery. ~ Grand Uncle Horace

“We'll always be premiership teammates in Old Boy history, so all the best for game 100 Greenery.” ~ Robertio

“Greenery has champion written all over him, traded to the Old Boys they win the flag, departs then they win the spoon. Congrats on racking up 100 !” ~ Callums_Guns

“Greenery? Oh yeah I remember that guy...terrible Full Forward and cost us a Premiership in Season 35.” ~ Wosh

“~4.44% of my 495 games have been alongside Greenery, and I wouldn't have had it any other way.“ ~ Headless

“Greenery, what can one say in a single sentence if they don't care about english rules, probably a lot, or very little, but either way, mostly words I imagine, about qooty, which Greenery plays.” ~ Gralin

“There’s nothing more I love to do while fishing than stare at the Greenery 🤗 ~ Yakker

“Greenery is a much-loved ex-Mt. Buller Demons player, and while we congratulate him on his 100th game, we cannot wait for his return” ~ manangatang

“I guess it is a fair effort to make it to 100 games after the disaster of leaving the Mount Buller Demons to go to the Ophidian Old Boys. Congratulations Greenery!” ~ Hate

“Greenery likes Jorts, cat girls, repetitive spamming and being exploited as a member of the working class, he's the perfect Dragon” ~ PMBangers

“Greenery has been incredibly active, rounding out a unique Freo trio, making him, in my view, the Paul Haselby of the Dragons.” ~ Zoops

"Greenery, nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die; let's go shitpost in Sweet FA match threads all day." ~ serial_thrilla

"A colorful man…green, crimson, and violet - a superb Dragon with fun in the plans at all times." ~ Strigoi

“I hope one day that Greenery can settle down and find a club that he loves, in the mean time, the dragon's green looks good on him.” ~ AnUltimateRessie

“What a * mercenary, dude changes teams more often than monikers, and will dump you in a heartbeat as soon as the wind changes, however, having now played more games as a Dragon (aside from that incredibly out of character stint at the furies, who had photos there?), what a dragon, what a (co)-captain, what a player. 200 (1).gif ~ DragoDelph

“Turtle and Glasses 🕶️ 🐢(also one of the most stand-up guys in the SFA). easy gif1663765183418.gif ~ Bonz

“Greenery is an amazing Qootballer in the Sweet F.A community that always loves the good old banter and s**t posting every match but is also a great human being in this world, who deeply cares for his teammates at the Dragons and wider community ” ~ Cubs2Lions

“Thanks for asking me to speak about Greenwaste's 100th. So sit back my friend, put on some cartoons, and get yourself a juice box, I'll take it from here. I havent been as active around these parts over the last few seasons, but even I know the impact Greenwaste has had in his 50 games. There's not many Qootballers I've come across that can move from one club to another and simultaneously raise the IQ levels of both clubs.. that's our Greenwaste. I remember once having a discussion in the Bombers PM where we spoke about recruiting Greenwaste. Kilroy said he'd rather recruit a bucket of vomit, and I replied if we get both, we could get a fantastic contributer as well as Greenwaste. Greenwaste has left a marked impression on me. There wasn't this one time he..... ummm...Or the game when he... he did.....he said..ummm.....Oh and what about the match thread he....he... Yeah I've got nothing. I barely know who you are if I'm being honest. I asked my fellow Bombers to give me some help here.. they told me you were consistent..I suppose it's this consistency that has allowed you to be as ordinary at 100 games, as you were in your first 20 games. But kudos on 200 games Greenwaste..You truly are the grey sprinkle on the rainbow cupcake that is the sfA... Good luck for the remainder of the season with the Gumbies..” ~ KohPhi

“I made a comeback just for this significant event” ~ croweater 41

"Ahh old GREENESHOOTS, went from ultra weeb e-girl persona that probably helped to bring down the Furies, to now a respected skipper of the mighty Dragons FFC. Quite the redemptive arc when you think about it. I would definitely swerve out of the way if he leapt out in front of my car." ~ T2B_

"Greenery has had such an influence with the Dragons in such a short period of time. The power of work he does behind the scenes is very much unseen by the wider SFA, but definitely appreciated by the Dragons and his former clubs too. Congratulations on 100 games mate, and hopefully see many more games to come in the green and black!" ~ Hatchy1992

"Greenery and I hang out every weekend in our eternal pursuit in doxxing serial_thrilla. He's probably my best friend in the league if you don't count PMBangers and come to think of it, the countless others I have come to know here." ~ omgfridge

“Greenery is a unique individual who likes to exchange ideas, thoughts and even energy, and though he doesn't always get it right, he's just passionate about the game.” ~ Pie 4 Life

(15 people read but didn't reply)

Well that seems fairly clear cut - Greenery is LOVED BY ALL!
Good luck on your 100th game, Greenery!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well, that's my excuse to leave the Dragons sewn up.
Uh uh uh, you've only served 1 of the 2 mandatory seasons as skipper ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back