Event The Sweet FA D&D Play-by-Post. Attempt at a collaborative campaign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok. This has been something that's been simmering in the back of meme & gif filled brain for a little while.

I'd like to attempt to run a little D&D (that's dungeons & dragons) (or dicks jokes and dice rolling if you're my IRL team) campaign.

In theory, members from each team volunteer to take a character representing their team (for example, the Gumbies is likely to be a changeling druid), Each team then works together to achieve some goal and overcome challenges as set by the DM (me, or anyone who would like to fill in from time to time).

Play by posts are generally long and with gaps in activity, so I'm going to change that aspect up. During condensed turns (like combat), simply give me an objective/s, and I'll play the the turns to reach that objective. (for example, kill the BBEG, and pickpocket the team where possible). I'll fill in the blanks until those things are no longer on the table.

I'll handle the rolling, and use DnDBeyond to track everything. I'll handle the base character creation, the dice rolling, the overall narrative.

What I would like is the following:
  • at least 1x volunteer from each team.
  • A Personality Trait, Ideal, Bond & Flaw that represents your team. Any decision that I make on behalf of your character will be based around these.
  • If you have any preference for your character design, let me know.

I'll start small, with a couple of introductory on-shots, before hitting up the tomb of annihilation and the tomb of horrors.

You'll have to work together, and we'll who survives to the end.

EDIT: You will be able to respawn during the learning campaigns. But death in the Tombs is final (until the end of each Tomb). (some shithousery around death curses and what-not)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok. This has been something that's been simmering in the back of meme & gif filled brain for a little while.

I'd like to attempt to run a little D&D (that's dungeons & dragons) (or dicks jokes and dice rolling if you're my IRL team) campaign.

In theory, members from each team volunteer to take a character representing their team (for example, the Gumbies is likely to be a changeling druid), Each team then works together to achieve some goal and overcome challenges as set by the DM (me, or anyone who would like to fill in from time to time).

Play by posts are generally long and with gaps in activity, so I'm going to change that aspect up. During condensed turns (like combat), simply give me an objective/s, and I'll play the the turns to reach that objective. (for example, kill the BBEG, and pickpocket the team where possible). I'll fill in the blanks until those things are no longer on the table.

I'll handle the rolling, and use DnDBeyond to track everything. I'll handle the base character creation, the dice rolling, the overall narrative.

What I would like is the following:
  • at least 1x volunteer from each team.
  • A Personality Trait, Ideal, Bond & Flaw that represents your team. Any decision that I make on behalf of your character will be based around these.
  • If you have any preference for your character design, let me know.
I own the first ever individual single copy of the Dungeon Master's Guide to make it to Australian shores in 1979. The only copy from the original 50,000 print run that got here. (yes I can outnerd anyone.) Bought it from Gary Gygax directly in 1979. But then they went and ruined the game. Bloody millennials. I have no idea what is going on any more. They made a movie where a druid can turn into an owlbear. This is impossible as it isn't a natural creature it is classified as a monster.

I own the first ever individual single copy of the Dungeon Master's Guide to make it to Australian shores in 1979. The only copy from the original 50,000 print run that got here. (yes I can outnerd anyone.) Bought it from Gary Gygax directly in 1979. But then they went and ruined the game. Bloody millennials. I have no idea what is going on any more. They made a movie where a druid can turn into an owlbear. This is impossible as it isn't a natural creature it is classified as a monster.
Yeah, but they sacrificed all spell casting ability to do it.

Seriously DragoDelph I last played over 30 yrs ago but will happily represent. Maybe PM me so I don't embarrass myself (further)
All good, will go over some basics a little later, and most of the rule heavy stuff I'll handle anyway.

If you all handle the role play, and what things you want to do, I'll let you know if you can do the thing, and the result of the thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back