Recommitted Tarryn Thomas [OOC 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt there would be too many teams that are un-interested, undoubtedly talented and fits that mid/fwd mould that is very in vogue at the moment.

The question is what would get a deal done, surely Roo's would be asking a kings ransom, so you'd be paying for unfullfilled talent?

Wouldn't surprise me. A lot of our boys absolutely adore him since he has came on board. Brilliant at building relationships with players.
Unsurprising. He was a huge loss when he left our reserves to coach North.

Reports in the media claiming that he wants to leave because of the uncertainty of the coaches future... Could it be that as an indigenous player he was so disgusted by the hawthorn reports that he does not want to play under Clarkson?

TT has long been playing with the idea of a move pre-Clarkson.

I doubt there would be too many teams that are un-interested, undoubtedly talented and fits that mid/fwd mould that is very in vogue at the moment.

The question is what would get a deal done, surely Roo's would be asking a kings ransom, so you'd be paying for unfullfilled talent?

Very high risk high reward this one. He could be one of the best players in the league. He could also CBF and coast his career away.

Body language was shot at times this year. Writing on the wall.

Lost his grandmother and sorry business and can last weeks and months. From what I've heard and I take it with a massive pinch of salt but the club hung him out to dry and he hasn't been happy about it since. Especially in light of the allegations at Hawthorn and Collingwood, all clubs need to really improve on making spaces more culturally safe. Hopefully that wasn't the case with TT but that is simply what I've heard being a big factor in him putting the feelers out elsewhere.

I can see this being similar to the weller deal in that north will drag it out because they know suns will cough up. Something like pick 5 and next years first for TT and pick 8 that they will get from Port (JHF). Suns still get hollands at 8 north get an upgrade on 8 and another first rounder for next year.

Always have to be careful trading for highly talented players with a question mark around their professionalism.

Clubs are paying for realising their untapped potential and backing in their environment over the existing one. More often than not these trades end badly for the recipient.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance that happens.
Oh I agree. He's probably our 3rd best and most talented player and we haven't got many of them. He has multiple years left on his contract too. We aren't going to let him go for anything close to fair value.

Reports in the media claiming that he wants to leave because of the uncertainty of the coaches future... Could it be that as an indigenous player he was so disgusted by the hawthorn reports that he does not want to play under Clarkson?
Yet he had challenges and was rumoured to be leaving months ago. The current issues sound like an excuse for the player and/or club.

Hopefully wherever he ends up, he has a happier year on and off the field.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back