Tassie chokers excuse thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Biggest bunch of whingers in the AFL. Want everything given to them on a silver plate. Sell games to Tassie and then expect to be given away games at their nominal home ground, the G.

Wasn't I right at the start of the season about the Carlton and Collingwood games ;)

Pull crap crowds and then complain about being given the ground with the smallest capacity.

Hoprefully we see the last of them next week.

2nd highest drawing MCG tenant, 3rd in Melbourne board ;)

The very fact that we can generate 5 pages of crap from opposition supporters highlights what a great club we are.

Hawthorn = Most successful club since the Kennedy assassination

i think saying that it highlights the consensus about supporters of said club would be far more accurate;)

what culture ? looks like half your team is doing things they shouldnt (cant say too much)

Shifting you Culture from Vic to Tas ?

Jeff Kennet ? the guy cant keep his mouth shout. i.e when ben cuz was done for been on drugs he said " if anyone at our club bla bla bla would be sacked"

dont fool yourself about CULTURE. you have as much of it as a chance of beating anyone in finals.

dont get me wrong i think you could win a final .... if it was played in tassie.

The thing I don't get about bigfooty posters is that Hawthorn are supposedly Waverley Junkies, Liberal bandwagoners, Tassie Devils and Glenferrie Ferries all at the same time.

What other club could capture the imagination of so many different people in society :)

I understand you're just having some fun, but how can you ever position yourself on the same side of the fence as HotDump???

I wasn't, they keep saying Tassie choked, and the only Tassie team that plays football is the Devils, which means they are having a go at the Devils, not the Hawks.

Also it was a comment more at Tasmania's VFL performance, or lack there of.;)

the thing being, even if you win this years grand final by ten goals, you've still choked plenty more than the Hawks.

"Nick Davis, I don't believe it!!!!!"

Hopefully for you there is something to cheer about this September hey? Something more than just the Hawks losing that is....

Oh it's already started!

EVEN if we get there, EVEN if we actualyl win the damn thing you are STILL going to say 'Yeah well Hawks have choked less than you'

I'll be giving full credit to whoever wins it not this stupid 'but we did this and we did that' nonsense.

Oh it's already started!

EVEN if we get there, EVEN if we actualyl win the damn thing you are STILL going to say 'Yeah well Hawks have choked less than you'

I'm not going to say that. I'm just not liking Geelong fans calling us chokers when the fact remains you've still done nothing.

"Bob Davis, I don't believe it!!!!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's only in retaliation to Hawthorn supporters bringing up Geelong's 'chokes' at any chance they can.

Retaliation: last time i checked the heading of this thread was aimed at the hawks. A few other afl club supporters tried to stick the boot in too the hawks and we are the ones who have retaliated......

Isn't it pathetic that 'Tassie' out scored 8 other Victorian based clubs ;);

Hawks fans on the rise

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22363514%5E19742,00.html

HAWTHORN'S rise from AFL easybeat to premiership contender is complete in the minds of Victorians as the Hawks embark on their quest for September glory.

In the stands, fans say Hawthorn is second only to Essendon as the game's most powerful force.

It is a meteoric rise in the re-building of the brown and gold army, which has almost doubled in support in 12 months.

The power team of the 1980s and early '90s attracted 13 per cent of the vote as most popular team in the Herald Sun Footy Fans Survey.

It is the first time in the survey's 11-year history that support for Alastair Clarkson's men has stretched into double figures.

Hawthorn's bolt from the blue is revealed in the 11th annual Herald Sun Footy Fans Survey.

The survey, conducted in June, also showed:

ESSENDON has gone back-to-back as the most popular team, supported by 18 per cent of fans, while 13 per cent also barrack for Collingwood.

COLLINGWOOD is easily the club most fans love to hate, with the Magpies loathed by 34 per cent of supporters.

HAWTHORN'S rise appears to have the blessing of neutral followers. The Hawks were hated by only 2 per cent.

HAWK coach Alastair Clarkson was voted the best coach.

A QUARTER of Melbourne fans admitted their club's poor form was stopping them from going to the footy.

Next week Hawthorn will make a foray into finals footy for the first time since 2001.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back