Opinion Taylor Duryea

Is Duryea in the best 22?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was absolutely staggered he got a game before Miles.

I also think he has played his last game as a Hawk but if the Box Hill Hawks get up today, he will be a handy addition for them in the Granny.

Yeah I'm not sure what all that was about, only think I can think of Clarko wanted to limit the number of players we had under 20 games in the finals.

What happened to him? Few years ago he was the perfect replacement for Gooey as the good kicking main small defender.. what happened?

Because Duryea was effectively selected ahead of Miles the previous weekend. They could - and in my opinion should - have withdrawn Miles from BHH and left Duryea there at that stage.

He was in there because we just lost Stratton.

If we had started with Miles the only player over 23 in that back line most game would have been Frawley.

Because Duryea was effectively selected ahead of Miles the previous weekend. They could - and in my opinion should - have withdrawn Miles from BHH and left Duryea there at that stage.
I don't think they expected to lose JOM at that point. Duryea was pulled from Box Hill when Stratton went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reminds me of Cheney, a there or thereabouts player but don't want him in your best 22 come finals time.

Why doesn't he take shots at goal when hes 55m out anymore? he used to be a booming kick.
His best was better than Cheney. I suspect a leg or hip issue as his agility and acceleration went to s**t and his kicking isn’t what it used to be. Was excellent in 2015 and very good in 2014. Struggled to be the same player since sadly.

i heard a few Melbourne teams are interested do we let him go for a late second round early third ?

Not worth anywhere near that for mine.

He's an FA from memory so expect the AFL will give us nothing back...

I'd imagine we'd be getting a third rounder as FA compo, like Suckling.
Don't we only get compo if he becomes top 25% paid at new club or something similar?

Probs won't be so maybe there won't be compo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back