NO TROLLS Taylor Walker racial slur

Remove this Banner Ad

Was the Crows official who gave that information to the club, was this person Indigenous?

If this person was a white Australian, I wonder if this person would have said something?

What does it matter?

Whistle blowers and the like should have no onus to come forward, that's the whole point.

Because how do we know this hasn’t happened at any other club abs just swept under the carpet.
Why would that affect this case?

The media needs to step back for mine, it's getting to the point over oversaturation and people start to miss the point.

People start to get pissed off and it simply serves to further polarise.
This is life these days.

Sorry to intrude but it seems Tex is public enemy number 1 and many want blood. Yes he stuffed up but how far do people want to take the crucifixion.
Cawo Wilson is banging in the nails.
The way she character assasinated him last night on Footy Classified was putrid. ****ing biatch!🤡

Why? Sloanes comments were fine?

Rowey needs to step back out of the radio for mine. He makes us sound ******* amateur hour.
He sees what the impact has been on the club via his son. It’s the Victorian media who is keeping this story alive as the club won’t give them anything. As Sloane said tonight, Tex has been included in everything to date. He has likely stepped at his own will for his own mental health and let the team heal as it would be a media circus. Within the next 2 weeks, I sort of expect he will be around club. I’m expecting he will front the media by presentation night.

I’m not sure if this has been posted.
Get behind the Crow Champion.

As a lot of people have said, it ultimately comes down to the playing group and whether it will be a positive or negative influence having him back, I don’t think this is one we as supporters can decide.

Some in the media are making it a crusade against Taylor Walker, more so than against his actions. Yes the two are linked, but the vitriol from some has been disproportionate when compared to recent similar or worse incidents - See Eddie McGuire or many within Collingwood as exhibits a, b and c. Perhaps this reflects more on McGuire, Buckley et al deserving harsher treatment but there is a difference between providing useful comment on discrimination faced by Indigenous Australians like Armstrong and Betts have done, compared to the almost gleeful stacks on Walker approach from the John Ralphs and Kane Kornes of the world.

I realise this is not the primary issue at play and what Tex did was completely unacceptable but some media commentary seems out of proportion and unrelenting. He is hugely remorseful, is now doing his best to repair the situation, to grow to be a better person, and hopefully have a positive impact in this area long term. It’s time to give him the space to do that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think enough now has happened for people to stop shitting on Tex. He has made a mistake, owned it, apologised, and now needs to take steps to redeem himself.

But the AFL media is continuing to pile on.

It's interesting isn't it? Mental health apparently is only important when it suits them. When they virtue signal and pretend they care. In reality, they don't give a fu** about mental health.

It's as if their position is that a person's mental health doesn't matter anymore if they have done something bad. Newsflash, nobody in existence is perfect.

And mental health still matters, even if that person has made mistakes. In fact, it's not uncommon for a person's mistakes to contribute to their depression. It doesn't mean they are no longer worthy of support.
There are some that may want to keep shitting on Walker but I think most of us are more concerned with how the club moves forward from this so that all parties feel satisfied and heard. I'm mostly concerned with the playing group and whether some players including the indigenous group want to play with him or not. I'm also concerned that if he does play again whether this will will cause divisions and underlying problems long past when Walker retires at the end of 2022.

I'm also concerned with how this will affect the club in a commercial sense especially during covid when the club is on its knees financially. I'm also concerned with whether Nick's feels comfortable with Walker back and whether his feelings are being listened too by those above. I'm also concerned with the probable booing that will take place and the affect on Walker's performance. I'm also concerned that it will probably be harder attracting indigenous players to our club and especially if Walker continues on.

These are the things I'm concerned about. All these concerns didn't arise by accident. They arose due to a leader choosing to put himself ahead of the group.

Last edited:
As a lot of people have said, it ultimately comes down to the playing group and whether it will be a positive or negative influence having him back, I don’t think this is one we as supporters can decide.
Pfft...it can’t hurt; even if it lifts Tex up a little bit out of the dark hole he must be in.

Then why is De Goey able to continue to play while being charged with sexual assault?
Yeah we used to have "innocent until proven guilty".
We also used to have some semblance of freedom of speech, that means you are allowed to say anything no matter how "offensive" it is without any formal punishment or sanctions.
Now we have Chinese-style freedom of expression, in China you can say what you like as long as the govt thinks its "nice" in other words no meaningful fo speech at all.
And here the "authority" doesn't even have to be the govt, it can be trial by media or even the AFL can arbitrarily fine and suspend you.
And sheeple jsut accept it because brainwashed to have no idea of what freedom of expression really means.

We also used to have some semblance of freedom of speech, that means you are allowed to say anything no matter how "offensive" it is without any formal punishment or sanctions.
Now we have Chinese-style freedom of expression, in China you can say what you like as long as the govt thinks its "nice" in other words no meaningful fo speech at all.
And here the "authority" doesn't even have to be the govt, it can be trial by media or even the AFL can arbitrarily fine and suspend you.
And sheeple jsut accept it because brainwashed to have no idea of what freedom of expression really means.

Freedom of speech has NEVER meant freedom from consequences

Some basic values in a healthy society
1. Don't slander
2. Don't lie unless it's preserving life
3. Don't bring false accusations
4. Treat others how you want to be treated
5. Don't gossip
6. Respect elders
7. Got nothing good to say then say nothing

Taking the racism out with the king hits and elbows of the 80's had to be a priority and the game is much better for it.

I loved the fights but it wasn't healthy for the game.

I think one of the things that is going on here (and it's the same in my country a lot of the times too) is that people throw around the word "racist" way too easily. The thing is, people say dumb sh!t all the time. It doesn't make them a racist, it just makes them an idiot who lost control of his emotions.

For example, Shaq made a dumb joke about Asians like 10 years ago. Obviously it was wrong, but I think everybody can see that the guy isn't racist, and there are countless examples of that. Another one is a former co-worker of mine who was fired (rightly so) for yelling out a racist obscenity while he was on a conference call and driving at the same time and someone cut him off dangerously. The guy is married to a black woman, so obviously not a racist. Was he right to be fired? Yes. Was he a racist? I don't think so.

With Walker, I don't know the guy personally and I don't know exactly what was said, but what I do know is that people get very pumped up during Aussie rules games and they say a LOT of borderline stuff about the other team during quarter-time, half-time, etc. The amount of times the other team gets called a pack of c**ts for example... if I had a nickel for each time, I'd be a millionaire. Unfortunately that is a part of your guys' football culture just like cheap shots during games. For what it's worth, I think all of that has to change to make players more honorable in general. And to be fair, I think things have changed for good in a lot of ways since the 70's and 80's, lest anyone think I'm being too judgmental.

And I've heard racist things said by minorities in this country many, many times about other minorities or about white people. It doesn't necessarily mean they are racist either. Like I said, people do dumb things. You can't always equate that to the totality of their character.

So.. should the guy apologize and atone? Sure. But keep things in perspective and look at the overall picture of his character (which honestly I don't know about personally). And I would say the same to the Indigenous players at the club too. A lot of times people let their white guilt over past crimes by ancestors lead them down a path of hyperbole about injuries/harm that isn't really shared by the people they claim to "protect."

And the media is complicit in this because it sells advertising space, so of course they want to pump the story up. Witch hunts are very good for business.

Anyway, just my 2-cents.

There can be social consequences, ie other people exercising their freedom of expression to criticize what someone else has said. But when it is allowed to be punished in a material way we got China. BAck in the day when players would misbehave pretty badly there woud be media scandals but no-one even considered the possibility that a player could be sanctioned or suspended for what they did in their own time. How things and sheeple attitudes have changed, due to decades of social engineering/brainwashing to get people like you to accept the loss of freedoms.
I used to say, if you don't like freedom of speech because it offends you, go live in China or N Korea. But now we already do live in China esp with this covid nonsense.
I didn't realise this thread about Tex Walker and an Australian issue of public interest and importance to our social fabric was such a big story in China and North Korea? Silly me...

Oh, and an oppo coming to our board and "preaching" their own agenda sounds like the repression you're complaining about. Time to leave Chairman "Nobody"

I think one of the things that is going on here (and it's the same in my country a lot of the times too) is that people throw around the word "racist" way too easily. The thing is, people say dumb sh!t all the time. It doesn't make them a racist, it just makes them an idiot who lost control of his emotions.

For example, Shaq made a dumb joke about Asians like 10 years ago. Obviously it was wrong, but I think everybody can see that the guy isn't racist, and there are countless examples of that. Another one is a former co-worker of mine who was fired (rightly so) for yelling out a racist obscenity while he was on a conference call and driving at the same time and someone cut him off dangerously. The guy is married to a black woman, so obviously not a racist. Was he right to be fired? Yes. Was he a racist? I don't think so.

With Walker, I don't know the guy personally and I don't know exactly what was said, but what I do know is that people get very pumped up during Aussie rules games and they say a LOT of borderline stuff about the other team during quarter-time, half-time, etc. The amount of times the other team gets called a pack of c**ts for example... if I had a nickel for each time, I'd be a millionaire. Unfortunately that is a part of your guys' football culture just like cheap shots during games. For what it's worth, I think all of that has to change to make players more honorable in general. And to be fair, I think things have changed for good in a lot of ways since the 70's and 80's, lest anyone think I'm being too judgmental.

And I've heard racist things said by minorities in this country many, many times about other minorities or about white people. It doesn't necessarily mean they are racist either. Like I said, people do dumb things. You can't always equate that to the totality of their character.

So.. should the guy apologize and atone? Sure. But keep things in perspective and look at the overall picture of his character (which honestly I don't know about personally). And I would say the same to the Indigenous players at the club too. A lot of times people let their white guilt over past crimes by ancestors lead them down a path of hyperbole about injuries/harm that isn't really shared by the people they claim to "protect."

And the media is complicit in this because it sells advertising space, so of course they want to pump the story up. Witch hunts are very good for business.

Anyway, just my 2-cents.

Well said. 👏🏻

Anyway, just my 2-cents.
What would be the reaction in the USA if a white athlete in the NBA/NFL used the N word as a descriptor for a black athlete?

Walker wasn't playing in the game either. So his emotion is not one of "heat of the moment " he was talking to a player in a break of play during a Reserves game. However, it is stll his workplace.

Walker may not be a true racist, however he used a term in the workplace that is unacceptable. It is also a derogatory term which when used offends people working at his own club. Like it or not he also offended his own Indegenous team mates using that term as a descriptor.

Whilst he has not been fired, how can we expect our club to be successfull if there is distrust among the playing group.

He only comes back if that trust is earnt back.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There can be social consequences, ie other people exercising their freedom of expression to criticize what someone else has said. But when it is allowed to be punished in a material way we got China. BAck in the day when players would misbehave pretty badly there woud be media scandals but no-one even considered the possibility that a player could be sanctioned or suspended for what they did in their own time. How things and sheeple attitudes have changed, due to decades of social engineering/brainwashing to get people like you to accept the loss of freedoms.
I used to say, if you don't like freedom of speech because it offends you, go live in China or N Korea. But now we already do live in China esp with this covid nonsense.
Not sure where you work, but if I was in my workplace representing my company (which absolutely applies to Tex at a Crows SANFL game) and called someone a “black campaigner” there would 100% be consequences and I would be punished in a material way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back