Preview Team for Round One

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Hodge and Murphy return from injury (inside word says they will not play) will Savage lose his spot in the team?

Not in my opinon. Savage is crucial to team balance as he counterpoints the slow extractors of the team (Lewis, Mitchell, Sewell, Hodge to an extent) and supplements the runners (Young, Bateman, possibly Smith).

I like the look of "BrisHawks" team.

B: Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Kyle Cheney
HB: Grant Birchall, Ben Stratton, Josh Gibson
C: Liam Sheils, Sam Mitchell, Clinton Young
HF: Michael Osborne, Lance Franklin, Brendan Whitecross
F: David Hale, Jarryd Roughead, Cyril Rioli
Foll: Brent Renouf, Jordan Lewis, Shaun Burgoyne
I/C: Cameron Bruce, Brad Sewell, Xavier Ellis, (Shane Savage)

Guerra...Gilham...Puopolo
Birchall..Stratton..Bruce
Savage..Mitch..Young
Rioli..Buddy..Bergoyne
Hale..Roughhead..Ossie

Renouf..Sewell..Lewis

Bench...Bateman , Ellis , Whitecross , Gibson
Emg.... Shiels , Lisle , Cheney

Great team Quietasamouse. Feel sorry for Savage but no space in that line up at this stage. Hopefully he takes his chance after injuries/suspensions and cements a spot in the team.

Thanks X. Agreed Sav is unlucky and a toss of the coin between him and Shiels due to balance. The mature (Sewell and Bateman) and the developing (Shiels and Savage), pinned against each other respectively, the developing two will be the contingency.

I see Simmo wanting to see if Shiels can cut it, in a similar mould to Sewell, early in the season.

Savage will get four or five games, maybe more depending on performance and where we are situated come finals time. Changa is at the pointy end of his career and is going to need a chop out during the season, also I think that you will see Youngy getting rested during the year as well. This is also where Isaac Smith comes into calculation.

They have recruited to create depth and if we want to be challenging any of the teams that were above us last season, come finals, we will want north of 30 players that can come in and hit the groud running (so to speak). IMO

Savage..Mitch..Young
Rioli..Buddy..Bergoyne
Hale..Roughhead..Ossie

Renouf..Sewell..Lewis

No room for Suckers?

Savage..Mitch..Young
Rioli..Buddy..Burgoyne
Hale..Roughhead..Ossie

Renouf..Sewell..Lewis

Quite a bit of ball carrying through the periphery roles in that squad, Dasher.
Leg speed in other squads is apparently the one thing we have an issue with, but if you've got blokes that can carry it 20m and kick it 50m, leg speed doesn't always come into it.
I'll be interested to see if there's a complete rethink on how we move the ball in 2011, or if we really do turn to young quick legs.

B: Guerra, Gilham, Murphy
HB: Birchall, Stratton, Gibson
C: , Burgoyne, Young, Bruce
HF: Hale, Franklin, Rioli
F:* Osborne, Roughead, WhiteX
Foll: Bailey, Mitchell, Hodge,
Int: Bateman, Lewis, Sewell
Sub: Milne
Emerg: Puopolo, Ellis, Renouf

Quite a bit of ball carrying through the periphery roles in that squad, Dasher.
Leg speed in other squads is apparently the one thing we have an issue with, but if you've got blokes that can carry it 20m and kick it 50m, leg speed doesn't always come into it.
I'll be interested to see if there's a complete rethink on how we move the ball in 2011, or if we really do turn to young quick legs.
Bruce and Berg,s arn't quick or young , but both can find space AND use the ball better than most....:cool: Alot to like in rotations too with both.Both can go fWD , BCK , and Mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people rate my mate (not that close but still a mate) savages chances for playing most games this year? Havent spoken to him for a while so havent got any real inside info

Thanks X. Agreed Sav is unlucky and a toss of the coin between him and Shiels due to balance. The mature (Sewell and Bateman) and the developing (Shiels and Savage), pinned against each other respectively, the developing two will be the contingency.

I see Simmo wanting to see if Shiels can cut it, in a similar mould to Sewell, early in the season.

Savage will get four or five games, maybe more depending on performance and where we are situated come finals time. Changa is at the pointy end of his career and is going to need a chop out during the season, also I think that you will see Youngy getting rested during the year as well. This is also where Isaac Smith comes into calculation.

They have recruited to create depth and if we want to be challenging any of the teams that were above us last season, come finals, we will want north of 30 players that can come in and hit the groud running (so to speak). IMO
If sav only plays 4 or 5 games it will be a massive dissapointment IMO, he's done the hard yards and has had a great pre-season. A player with Speed, a great kick and silky skills is a team need for us and Sav fits the bill (As does Smith) .

I think he needs to play a minimum of 10 games (hopefully more) this year to give him a chance to cement a spot which I think he will. Would be a waste of talent if he only played 5 games, for what it's worth I think he will play around 15 games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back