Workshop Template Feedback Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Great job Fizzler!! I like the one with the curved sides rather than the sharp edges as well. I added a back part to the bottom of mine today but I didnt really like it and it didnt fit in visually with my shorts and socks so I scrapped it but yours is good!
Thank you man. I will definitely take out that back but if I make shorts but yeah for now it looks good, really happy with how it turned out.

I've been practising the pen tool since about late 2016 when I was tracing logos and stuff. A very important tool and I'm glad I know how to use it.
I was a tad sceptical of doing the curved sides as I wanted to do the CGR/Adidas style fans but I think it looks a lot better curved.

I actually prefer the straight edges. You're going to get different opinions, as everyone has different tastes so I'd go with whichever style you prefer.

If you're going to keep the sharp points, maybe widen the the back part of the jumper a bit so it's not so drastic. Would bring it inline with the photo more. Again, just a personal preference though.

Looking really good so far.

I actually prefer the straight edges. You're going to get different opinions, as everyone has different tastes so I'd go with whichever style you prefer.

If you're going to keep the sharp points, maybe widen the the back part of the jumper a bit so it's not so drastic. Would bring it inline with the photo more. Again, just a personal preference though.

Looking really good so far.
I reckon the curved sides are growing on me right now so I'll probably keep it curved. In the meantime, added a little bit of stitching and fixed up the collar (it was a tad uneven before.) I also reorganised it so it's a bit easier to use, not that it matters too much. upload_2018-8-7_10-11-58.png

Here's where we are now. Added complete stitching. For what it's worth, the shoulder and side stitching is probably not going to be used by me ever but it's all good. Right now my only gripe is how short the jumper is I think.
upload_2018-8-7_11-39-23.png
And here's some shading. Did it come out good or bad? Please let me know. It's probably a tad too dark right now.
upload_2018-8-7_11-42-46.png

Here's where we are now. Added complete stitching. For what it's worth, the shoulder and side stitching is probably not going to be used by me ever but it's all good. Right now my only gripe is how short the jumper is I think.
View attachment 539463
And here's some shading. Did it come out good or bad? Please let me know. It's probably a tad too dark right now.
View attachment 539465

change the layer style of your shadowing. linear burn I think.

Just made a back. Not 100% happy with the back of the collar but I will eventually fix that. Also chucked on a number. Used the AFL font for illustrative purposes, I'll use a more interesting font for other designs.
upload_2018-8-7_12-24-18.png
change the layer style of your shadowing. linear burn I think.
Tried adjusting the layer style but none made any difference. FWIW the shading was just a black "blob" with a gaussian blur and then turned down the opacity. I think I halved it for the above image here and it's probably spot on now, I only put it higher before to emphasise it.
Straight side panels don't reeeaaaally work with the curved sides. They need to slightly follow the edges so if you curve them a little, that'll be sweet.
I will probably leave them as is until I need them so I can focus on the other bits, but this will be done at some point.
Thanks for the feedback. I probably won't post any more updates today as i don't want to bombard anyone so maybe tomorrow I'll update it.

Ok, now THIS is the final post in here for the day. Which front looks best? Left is original, right is new.
upload_2018-8-7_13-42-35.png
I'm leaning towards the new one for a couple of reasons.
-Easier to add shorts
-Probably a little more realistic
-Allows more space on the jumper for designs
-Doesn't make the jumper look as short
But I'm interested in what your thoughts are. Please do let me know.

Ok, now THIS is the final post in here for the day. Which front looks best? Left is original, right is new.
View attachment 539530
-Easier to add shorts
The new one for the reasons you listed. Also for the collar on the back jumper if you make the left and right sides angle more the collar will look alot better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Definitely the right one from your last image Fizz. The downwards scoop looks more realistic, the upwards scoop was a bit weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

progressive growth...
187329_c82fd1fa2313ee90cf47d5909bd78ee4.png

187335_b05693f5d84ac7aeb0cfb118da41f40f.png

192929_ba612308472eb6129873840b35e5e2d0.png

richmondclash2019.png
hawthorn2019whiteshorts.png
camberwellstallionsmaroonhome.png

So if you've been checking the Jumper Ideas thread you'd have seen my Melbourne design on the ISC template. Doing designs on this is annoying, but worth it. Here are all of the designs in Blue/Red/Gold/White.
upload_2018-11-12_20-16-21.png
What's next?
  • Adding shoulder panels. I'll just trace them off West Coast's image
  • Fixing the bottom. It's pretty pixellated but it's hard to see at a small size
  • Adding more designs. ISC's NRL template is compatible with this, so I might trace Parra, Storm and the Rabbitohs, plus some basic AFL designs
  • Finding a way to automatically warp the design. I think I have the gist of it thanks to Again's old tutorial but I'll have to try it. Still a ways off.

So if you've been checking the Jumper Ideas thread you'd have seen my Melbourne design on the ISC template. Doing designs on this is annoying, but worth it. Here are all of the designs in Blue/Red/Gold/White.
View attachment 583844
What's next?
  • Adding shoulder panels. I'll just trace them off West Coast's image
  • Fixing the bottom. It's pretty pixellated but it's hard to see at a small size
  • Adding more designs. ISC's NRL template is compatible with this, so I might trace Parra, Storm and the Rabbitohs, plus some basic AFL designs
  • Finding a way to automatically warp the design. I think I have the gist of it thanks to Again's old tutorial but I'll have to try it. Still a ways off.

I've never been a fan of ISC's template, but you've done a great job recreating it. Keep up the good work!

View attachment 539530
-Easier to add shorts
Only just saw this, wow you've been busy haha. Love the right template, looks very clean.

Only just saw this, wow you've been busy haha. Love the right template, looks very clean.
Haha thanks :) This one here is gonna be my main template, the ISC one is just gonna be my side thing. I don't think I've made much progress since then though unfortunately.

View attachment 539530
-Easier to add shorts

Right one is looking great Fizzler. I'd see how you go extending the length by an inch or so so it looks more like a PI and less like a size 6 kids jumper. But, it's a huge improvement from the first design you posted last night. Good work!

Right one is looking great Fizzler. I'd see how you go extending the length by an inch or so so it looks more like a PI and less like a size 6 kids jumper. But, it's a huge improvement from the first design you posted last night. Good work!
Definitely agree. I had planned on making it longer but never got around to it because I made about 8 designs for a portfolio using that one, but I’ll try lengthening it tonight. :thumbsu:

Hey guys I've been working on this template lately? Thoughts and feedback?
View attachment 585606

very, very impressive work on that template! only suggestion I have would be that it looks a bit feminine with the massive curve in at the pecs and how much it curves out at the hips.

but that being said, great work. presentation is very fresh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back