Universal Love The 2013 Collingwood Board Awards (voting thread) - **AWARD NIGHT TONIGHT***

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the award mighty T.

Too much studying the Collingwood list in detail since my early childhood and a love of everything list management and the draft has drawn me here.

It's been enjoyable as always discussing everything Collingwood this past year in my almanac with everyone on this board and hopefully I'll be able to string together the hours again next year to continue posting as frequently as I have this year.

Before I conclude the presentations, I would like to thank the moderators for being so kind as to let me take the reigns on this little project. Its a tradition that has gone by the wayside in recent years and i hope it continues from here on, albeit with a couple less awards. I'd like to also thank all the recipients of the awards for being kind enough to give up there time to post their acceptance and thanks, but more importantly for their contribution to our little community. Even those that were nominated but did not win, you should feel exceptionally proud of how your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who voted and I hope we've been able to put on one hell of a show for you over the last couple of nights!

Before I conclude the presentations, I would like to thank the moderators for being so kind as to let me take the reigns on this little project. Its a tradition that has gone by the wayside in recent years and i hope it continues from here on, albeit with a couple less awards. I'd like to also thank all the recipients of the awards for being kind enough to give up there time to post their acceptance and thanks, but more importantly for their contribution to our little community. Even those that were nominated but did not win, you should feel exceptionally proud of how your efforts are appreciated.

Thanks to everyone who voted and I hope we've been able to put on one hell of a show for you over the last couple of nights!

fantastic job there the mighty T !

So, our last award for the evening is the Nathan Buckley Award which is presented to the best poster of 2013. It's a difficult award to vote on because we have so much talent on this list.. from Knightmare who has such valuable insight about the club, DaVe86 whose match previews are the stuff of legend, Old Spice and his tremendous writing.. Snoop Dog, Cory, Hoggy who are such eloquent posters, The Royal Sampler and Vinnie Vegas who are stalwarts of this board.. theres so many amazing contributers that i cant name them all.

Our winner tonight however has been nothing short of phenomenal in his efforts this year. His opinion is valued by all and he works hard to keep peace on the forum.. all the while, he's played an integral role in setting up the Collingwood Board Podcast and organising interviews with the likes of Jeff Kennet. I cant fathom how he manages to do all this, even with the huge handicap of living up in Sydney, bereft of intelligent football conversation.

The winner of the Nathan Buckley Award for 2013 is none other than 76woodenspooners

Thanks for the award mighty T.

Too much studying the Collingwood list in detail since my early childhood and a love of everything list management and the draft has drawn me here.

It's been enjoyable as always discussing everything Collingwood this past year in my almanac with everyone on this board and hopefully I'll be able to string together the hours again next year to continue posting as frequently as I have this year.

Congrats Knightmare. Well deserved. In particular really appreciate your dedication to your project threads each year which generate some of the more illuminating discussion on the board. Often a sanctuary for sanity after a poor loss or when some stupid scandal breaks.

just-watching-the-fireworks_1354.gif

So, our last award for the evening is the Nathan Buckley Award which is presented to the best poster of 2013. It's a difficult award to vote on because we have so much talent on this list.. from Knightmare who has such valuable insight about the club, DaVe86 whose match previews are the stuff of legend, Old Spice and his tremendous writing.. Snoop Dog, Cory, Hoggy who are such eloquent posters, The Royal Sampler and Vinnie Vegas who are stalwarts of this board.. theres so many amazing contributers that i cant name them all.

Our winner tonight however has been nothing short of phenomenal in his efforts this year. His opinion is valued by all and he works hard to keep peace on the forum.. all the while, he's played an integral role in setting up the Collingwood Board Podcast and organising interviews with the likes of Jeff Kennet. I cant fathom how he manages to do all this, even with the huge handicap of living up in Sydney, bereft of intelligent football conversation.

The winner of the Nathan Buckley Award for 2013 is none other than 76woodenspooners

YEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!

[Crowd goes wild]

blazers-celebration.gif

76 in front of the adoring masses!!!! The crowd is cheering "SPEECH!!!, SPEECH!!!"

Hugh-Hefner-poolside.jpg

Congrats 76!! Much deserved!!

Obese Arachnid I'm waiting for your acceptance speech

I'm sure you'd have a little something prepared ;)
Where are you?

Why thanks MG, for granting me a platform, it's something I obviously I hate to put myself on.:p

I would like to thank/call the police on my parents for sitting me in front of a TV & letting me watch sooo many episodes of "Are You Being Sereved" & the "Benny Hill Show".:p:mad:

Kenny Everitt, Derek & Clive, Cheech & Chong & Monty python were my choices though. So some blame for the lame, I have to own up to.:p

I will soon be renting myself out as "The uncle who always does those jokes & thinks he's funny".:p

You with me bitches!!! (Nah bitches don't work for me)

You with me legends!!:p

old-school-streaking-o.gif

:oops: I often wonder if I'm qualified to share a forum with all these amazing contributors!

And all of you, everybody brings their own personality and point of view to the place and makes this such a fun place to share all matters Collingwood.

Some of us do stuff that's visible, others do some amazing stuff that's behind the scenes.

For those who listened to the podcasts this year would have heard a bunch of voices along the way, but you didn't hear the voice of MeisterBot , who put in amazing hours of work late at night so we could get the podcast out before the game. And the catchy tunes on the podcast were all the work of DThomas who did a great job.

My fellow mods Quicky and Swooop do an incredible job behind the scenes to make the board tick over. Really appreciate your guidance and friendship :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks the mighty T for organizing this.

It's been loads of fun for us, but a lot of hard work for you
(Although it's probably given you something to do while all your poor students were doing exams)

Great job :thumbsu: :rainbow: :hearts:

Congrats Knightmare.:thumbsu:

Can i please get either the Chris Egan or Richie Cole award?

old-school-streaking-o.gif

:oops: I often wonder if I'm qualified to share a forum with all these amazing contributors!

And all of you, everybody brings their own personality and point of view to the place and makes this such a fun place to share all matters Collingwood.

Some of us do stuff that's visible, others do some amazing stuff that's behind the scenes.

For those who listened to the podcasts this year would have heard a bunch of voices along the way, but you didn't hear the voice of MeisterBot , who put in amazing hours of work late at night so we could get the podcast out before the game. And the catchy tunes on the podcast were all the work of DThomas who did a great job.

My fellow mods Quicky and Swooop do an incredible job behind the scenes to make the board tick over. Really appreciate your guidance and friendship :thumbsu:

Deserved acknowledgment Spooner.:thumbsu:

Nah.. the mods gave all the awards to themselves again o_O

Welcome to North Korea, where the winner is always ...

kim-jong-un.jpeg

... and acceptable women's dress is ...

1_korea2.jpg

:p

Ha ha.. the similarities are remarkable.. :p

You know apart from Fred being taller and our sponsors wanting more skin from their Asian girls ;)

I am still here as TGG only because the Chief apparently does not view account deletion as a high priority task. However, given the festive nature of this two night extravaganza, I feel I should have the good grace to make one last post in acceptance of my award.

Thanks for the award. Though retired from participating in bigfooty, I still keep an eye on the threads. Bigfooty gave me the opportunity to be creative with language. However, I don’t handle the cut and thrust of bigfooty as well as I would like and sometimes even see criticism where none exists. Maybe sometime in the future I will slink back to the forum under the guise of a new username.

I felt bad setting up the phantom draft then leaving the participants to run the activity themselves. I apologise to all the posters who were affected by my sudden departure. Reliability is something that I take very seriously, so I am not proud of my action.

Thanks to the Mighty T for organising the awards. To create so many categories was a highly imaginative task that has worked very successfully, providing enjoyment for posters in between post-season draft and trade events.

All the best to everyone. Let’s hope we get the players we want in tomorrow’s draft and the team has an injury free pre-season. Enjoy the rest of the evening.

Congrats on your award

Please stay in BigFooty, it is different without you buddy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back