FTA-TV The almighty, all conquering Sunday Footy Show

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really care much for the 'edgy' style of journalism i.e. having an opinion literally for the sake of having one and being provocative. However, Kane is clearly has talent in the analytical side and has a great presence on any show. He'll have a pretty good career.

He needs to find the balance between the two, or else the personality will overshadow his body of work. Look at the U.S. where "pundits" like Steven A. Smith, Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd are rarely taken seriously, because majority of their media personality is based around "hot takes". Kane risks becoming one of these.

I don't really care much for the 'edgy' style of journalism i.e. having an opinion literally for the sake of having one and being provocative. However, Kane is clearly has talent in the analytical side and has a great presence on any show. He'll have a pretty good career.

He needs to find the balance between the two, or else the personality will overshadow his body of work. Look at the U.S. where "pundits" like Steven A. Smith, Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd are rarely taken seriously, because majority of their media personality is based around "hot takes". Kane risks becoming one of these.
I don't think he really cares. It's either be Kane or be generic other guy from 7 who is noting as *

Makes you wonder what the purpose of 9Gem is, seemed the right opportunity to utilise it.
After 4 hours of rolling coverage, should have moved the news to GEM.

Different story if it had happened in Melbourne but you don't need to keep going over the same talking points hour after hour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back