Preview The Angus Monfries Memorial Cup (Round 4 vs Essendon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Alyx

Unbelievably Disconnected
Feb 17, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
soPjbM3.jpg

With absolutely no idea why I'm tipping this, Bombers by 15. (Reality is you probably win by 40)

Fantastic!

Heading over, so it means we may lose dramatically! I reckon Sydney last year was the first away win I've seen live.

Hopefully that was the start of a streak.

Bombers by 50 or Ports by 10.

There is no in between.

I’m like the PSD dog when it comes to Essendon at the ‘had. Confidence is shot after our effort against Brisbane, even after factoring in the conditions. Someone’s gonna have to hold my hand through this one and have a cold flannel ready.

As for our team, I think you can expect something along the lines of:

Out: Baguley, Begley, Myers, McKenna (suspension)
In: McNiece, Redman, Hartley, Langford

Brown - Hartley - McNiece
Redman - Hurley - Saad
McGrath - Smith - Parish
Stringer - Daniher - Walla
Fantasia - Hooker - Stewart
Bellchambers - Heppell - Goddard
Langford - Z Merrett - Zaharakis - Green

Pretty worried after last year, and last week's performance was shocking considering the first two rounds were so promising. Hopefully, coming off an 8 day break and an almighty kick up the arse by the lions, we should see a better performance this week.

As for our team, I think you can expect something along the lines of:

Out: Baguley, Begley, Myers, McKenna (suspension)
In: McNiece, Redman, Hartley, Langford

Brown - Hartley - McNiece
Redman - Hurley - Saad
McGrath - Smith - Parish
Stringer - Daniher - Walla
Fantasia - Hooker - Stewart
Bellchambers - Heppell - Goddard
Langford - Z Merrett - Zaharakis - Green

What’s Laverde up to these days? Thought he was gonna be a gun as a junior but now seems to have fallen into Ozzie Smith’s bottomless pit.

Yep. Not confident at all after last year’s debacle. If we’re not switched on early then look out for a thumping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Laverde up to these days? Thought he was gonna be a gun as a junior but now seems to have fallen into Ozzie Smith’s bottomless pit.
About 400 injuries. But seriously, working his way back from an injury right now.

My anus is ready.

If we are going to win this we need to be direct and Charlie, Watts and Marshall must stay in our forward 50
WE MUST PLAY A RUCKMAN THIS WEEK

With absolutely no idea why I'm tipping this, Bombers by 15. (Reality is you probably win by 40)

After our disgraceful effort last year, you should be super confident. But then again, you just lost to the Bulldogs so who knows what will happen.

I'm mostly worried about our gameplan Vs Essendon. They killed us through their ability to force turnovers from us at the stoppage, by playing a negative and 100% counter attack game style. If they go with similar this week while we have no ruckman we'll struggle big time to win the clearances and hence the territory battle, and if we allow them to counter attack as quickly and cleanly from stoppages and half back as they did last year well good night nurse.

Additionally we certainly felt the impact of having no ruck last week, and I'm afraid we may feel it again this week, however Bellchambers isn't exactly Nic Natinui so all isn't lost.

During the Bombers game against the Crows in round 1 I said they'd struggle to make the finals, and a few cocky bombers fans went and 'liked' my post. Since they've been easily beaten by 2 other teams that'll struggle to make the finals, so I personally still think they're still a little way off. I just hope they dont miraculously come good this week. We are overall a far better lineup than them and should be targeting top 4, so these are the types of games against possible top 8 opposition we need to win to give ourselves a real shot at top 4.

For me:

Head - Essendon by 7 - Only because this year we are yet to see any evidence that we can combat their style of game, so last year and our poor record at Etihad is all we can go by.

Heart - Port by 21 - Because if things click, then all things being equal we should win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back