Media The Apology

Remove this Banner Ad

THE APOLOGY

The definition of an apology is:
1. a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure
"we owe you an apology"
2. a very poor or inadequate example of
"we were shown into an apology for a bedroom"

I am doing a media thread that will likely look more like the second one.

This will probably be my final media thread in Sweet-FA so strap in.

Now there has been a large amount of discussion over the past season about my actions at the tail end of season 34 and rightfully so. I was upset and felt I was being ganged up on by more than a dozen or so posters. And it was not just the Old Boys, but a select few others as well. I certainly didn't take it the right way and if I could do things differently I would, but I can't. There were a number of storylines aligning at the end of season 34 that pushed me over the edge (metaphorically) and I understand from the viewpoint of a lot of people that it didn't look pretty.

I have been relentlessly asked by the Old Boys to apologise for my posting during their season 34 awards night, but I'm not going to. Not because I don't feel bad about it (I do), but because they simply don't deserve it. Or I should say a few of them don't deserve it. There are some of the Old Boys who had nothing to do with what occurred and I do apologise to them for being caught in the crossfire at the time. The leaders of the Old Boys however deserve no such apology.

Bonz was the only Old Boy who reached out to me at any point in this past season, so thank you for doing what none of your other teammates even thought of doing. There were also a few others that reached out to me during this time and checked in on me. You know who you are, and thank you for reaching out.

I am sad to say that I will be retiring at the end of this season as my love and care for the league hit zero and hasn't moved at all for most of this season. I'm sure most people understand that I had checked out of the league for this season, purely going through the motions. And that was so I could help the Gumbies through a change of leadership and make sure Falconista and the others had a solid transition period before I left. I'm sure the Gumbies will be fine under the leadership of Falconista who I know will be a great captain for many seasons to come. Thank you to my Gumbies teammates for giving me a place I could call home during my time in the league these past 3 seasons.

I would by lying if I said the Old Boys fiasco didn't play a part in my departure, but it also isn't the only reason for leaving. I won't get into them too much, but the league just isn't for me right now. SFA was a great escape for me during some hard times early on, but now it has flipped and I see myself having to push just to post once in a match thread.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same, but from my point of view the league has hit its lowest point in my time here. Posters are being endorsed with memberships to turn up to match threads each week. Will it come to a time where Mobbs Hate and Wosh are the only posters left and they have to get a second mortgage on their houses just to cover the payments of the 100 odd posters in the league? Time will tell.

Anyway that's it from me. I had fun in the league (for most of it anyway). See you on the flip-side.

Ryan Gosling Hello GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Au revoir Sweet-FA

I don't know about the rest of my team mates, but I never expected an Apology at all.

I expected nothing but the Middle finger back at us.

That's what this storyline in this Fiction of a League deserved.

Sad to see you go DenieD, and I wish you luck in the future.

THE APOLOGY

The definition of an apology is:
1. a regretful acknowledgement of an offence or failure
"we owe you an apology"
2. a very poor or inadequate example of
"we were shown into an apology for a bedroom"

I am doing a media thread that will likely look more like the second one.

This will probably be my final media thread in Sweet-FA so strap in.

Now there has been a large amount of discussion over the past season about my actions at the tail end of season 34 and rightfully so. I was upset and felt I was being ganged up on by more than a dozen or so posters. And it was not just the Old Boys, but a select few others as well. I certainly didn't take it the right way and if I could do things differently I would, but I can't. There were a number of storylines aligning at the end of season 34 that pushed me over the edge (metaphorically) and I understand from the viewpoint of a lot of people that it didn't look pretty.

I have been relentlessly asked by the Old Boys to apologise for my posting during their season 34 awards night, but I'm not going to. Not because I don't feel bad about it (I do), but because they simply don't deserve it. Or I should say a few of them don't deserve it. There are some of the Old Boys who had nothing to do with what occurred and I do apologise to them for being caught in the crossfire at the time. The leaders of the Old Boys however deserve no such apology.

Bonz was the only Old Boy who reached out to me at any point in this past season, so thank you for doing what none of your other teammates even thought of doing. There were also a few others that reached out to me during this time and checked in on me. You know who you are, and thank you for reaching out.

I am sad to say that I will be retiring at the end of this season as my love and care for the league hit zero and hasn't moved at all for most of this season. I'm sure most people understand that I had checked out of the league for this season, purely going through the motions. And that was so I could help the Gumbies through a change of leadership and make sure Falconista and the others had a solid transition period before I left. I'm sure the Gumbies will be fine under the leadership of Falconista who I know will be a great captain for many seasons to come. Thank you to my Gumbies teammates for giving me a place I could call home during my time in the league these past 3 seasons.

I would by lying if I said the Old Boys fiasco didn't play a part in my departure, but it also isn't the only reason for leaving. I won't get into them too much, but the league just isn't for me right now. SFA was a great escape for me during some hard times early on, but now it has flipped and I see myself having to push just to post once in a match thread.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same, but from my point of view the league has hit its lowest point in my time here. Posters are being endorsed with memberships to turn up to match threads each week. Will it come to a time where Mobbs Hate and Wosh are the only posters left and they have to get a second mortgage on their houses just to cover the payments of the 100 odd posters in the league? Time will tell.

Anyway that's it from me. I had fun in the league (for most of it anyway). See you on the flip-side.

Ryan Gosling Hello GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Au revoir Sweet-FA
Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

The self appointed guardians of the SFA have claimed another scalp.

The chamber becomes more echoey every day. Sigh

Also,

Not a shot at Den, but why are so many people letting things get to them? I don't think there is too many in the league that take things overboard or attack people on a personal level anymore and if there is, they don't last long.... Maybe there is stuff I didn't see, but it seems the Old Boys kept it pretty SFA related.

It's the SFA, this sort of stuff is part of the fun, the drama and the theatre.

Last edited:
The self appointed guardians of the SFA have claimed another scalp.

The chamber becomes more echoey every day. Sigh
You'd have to admit Jab that's a little ironic given the OP reminds one of AceAndy departing because of the Bombers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FWIW I enjoyed your contributions over the course of your career and I'm sorry to see you go.

All the best. Hopefully see you back again one day. And as the next admin, I'll do my best to prove your league prediction wrong.

You'd have to admit Jab that's a little ironic given the OP reminds one of AceAndy departing because of the Bombers
Before my time, yet I still see AceAndy around quite a bit.

Also,

Not a shot at Den, but why are so many people letting things get to them? I don't think there is too many in the league anymore that take things overboard or attack people on a personal level anymore and if there is, they don't last long.... Maybe there is stuff I didn't see, but it seems the Old Boys kept it pretty SFA related.

Just on this, I agree, but also there are certain instances where I can understand why it would be taken personally. Feeling like you're being targeted and ganged up on by a bunch of people can certainly be one of those. I've experienced this before myself, so I understand where he is coming from. It's a shame he feels like he needs to step away because of it

Also,

Not a shot at Den, but why are so many people letting things get to them? I don't think there is too many in the league that take things overboard or attack people on a personal level anymore and if there is, they don't last long.... Maybe there is stuff I didn't see, but it seems the Old Boys kept it pretty SFA related.

Yes and no. Like all banter, you have to know your audience. Some people want to go hard at each other. Some just want a thread to post in on a Sunday. The great part about this community is there is something here for everyone. But what's fun to you may not be fun to someone else.

Wow, people take SFA way too seriously.

On that note I'd like to call for an inquest into today's goal umpiring in the Gum v OOB match. The fix was in from the first bounce. GHOST TOUCHES.

Also,

I've no idea what's gone on, but from my stand point being a poster that was apart of the SFA ages ago and then disappeared it has definitely changed a lot since those days. I think some weren't sure how to really take fantasy sports and took it a little too seriously and got a little too personal and the banter wasn't banter it was just people taking shots.

I've enjoyed being back in the league, able to have fun, post rubbish and just have a laugh and not be serious. Maybe I've missed a lot of what has gone on with this poster, and it's sad they've decided to depart like this but I've enjoyed being back.

ACCEPT AN APOLOGY​

The definition of an accepting an apology is:
to forgive someone who says they're sorry

I am replying to a media thread post that will likely look more like the first post.

This will not be my final media thread in Sweet-FA as Turbos Hot Seat cannot be stopped.

Now there has been a large amount of discussion over the past season about DenieD and his actions at the tail end of season 34 and rightfully so.

The Ophidian Old Boys reasonable and politely asked DenieD to apologies for his posting during our OOBs first awards night, as well as his ridiculous charge of OOB bringing the game into disrepute, there is a lot I could say but I'm not going to. Not because I don't feel we deserve an apology (we do), but because it would be a waste of time because obviously a simple sorry is too much for some people to offer. There are some Gumbies who had nothing to do with what occurred and I do apologies to them for the embarrassment their players have been put them through and being caught in the crossfire at the time.

I am pleased to say I will not be retiring at the end of this season as my love and care for the league is at it highest and renewed now I am part of a new team full of great people. I'm sure the Gumbies will be fine under the leadership of Falconista who I know will be a great captain and make it right by formally apologizing to the Ophidian Old Boys and putting this ugly episode behind us.

I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same, but from my point of view the league is going alright, considering the state of the world with war and covid, this is one place that has remained a sanctuary, a place to escape the real world, take a joke and roll with the punches.

Anyway that's it from me. I am having fun in the league (especially Spotswood). See you in the Finals, go Old Boys...................
I love you Turbo but when a poster is saying 'I don't find this fun anymore' that is not code for 'keep going'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back