The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m home by 3:30 rather than 5:30 and get an afternoon with the kids rather than just dinner and bedtime. I get that for many nuffys football is life. If it was a night game and I wasn’t missing out on that I’d stay but time is a precious commodity imo and carlton aren’t worth the extra time

Don't bother going to any games then mate, sorry but that's pretty pathetic.

You're a developing club, you're going to support the club and watch players who you hope in the years to come deliver the club Finals. You even ******* bet on the Roos 40+ so not sure what you expected before you rocked up.

Just such a bizarre attitude to watching sport I can't understand it.

Don't bother going to any games then mate, sorry but that's pretty pathetic.

You're a developing club, you're going to support the club and watch players who you hope in the years to come deliver the club Finals. You even ******* bet on the Roos 40+ so not sure what you expected before you rocked up.

Just such a bizarre attitude to watching sport I can't understand it.
I’m fine with watching them for 3hrs have a crack and lose. But they didn’t do that today so why waste an hour of my time plus the longer commute so waste 2 hours of my weekend for insipid effort and performance

I’m fine with watching them for 3hrs have a crack and lose. But they didn’t do that today so why waste an hour of my time plus the longer commute so waste 2 hours of my weekend for insipid effort and performance

Well they did, they've fought hard the second half and showed good signs. Again, really not sure what you expected. But hey, it's your first for the year so doesn't sound like you're really a supporter anyway. :thumbsu:

We could even lose by that much to a good side I’d stay. But to make North look like premiership contenders was surely not enjoyable for a single carlton fan out there today. So why stay? The 22 players have no clue who is in the stands so why stay and spend another 2 hrs of your life not having a good time

We could even lose by that much to a good side I’d stay. But to make North look like premiership contenders was surely not enjoyable for a single carlton fan out there today. So why stay? The 22 players have no clue who is in the stands so why stay and spend another 2 hrs of your life not having a good time

You were winning a bet so surely it's a win-win for you. Like Chef said, why go in the first place..

Why even go in the first place if you arent really into it?
I’m into watching us have a dip which we have every week until now. But 2 back to back quarters of that crap was not worth anybody’s time other than family and friends of the players. The notion of show your support by staying in your seat in row K on level 3 is crazy imo

Poor effort 1st half, better effort in the second half of the 2nd half. Now I have gone back to being disappointed all over again that we lost to GC and Hawthorn when we had them on the ropes after losing a game I thought we more favourites to win today.

Have to take our wins when they’re presented to us. Onto Collingwood next Saturday and it doesn’t get much easier.

Poor effort 1st half, better effort in the second half of the 2nd half. Now I have gone back to being disappointed all over again that we lost to GC and Hawthorn when we had them on the ropes after losing a game I thought we more favourites to win today.

Have to take our wins when they’re presented to us. Onto Collingwood next Saturday and it doesn’t get much easier.
Much better effort with 5 goals to 3 in the last when 12 goals down or foot off the gas from Norf?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To me I go to the footy because I enjoy the experience and the routine and catching up with mates and having a day out. Of course I'm pissed off if we lose but it makes no sense to me.

It'd be like getting up after an hour of a movie and saying "Yeah nah this movie is s**t, I've got better things to do today." even though you've paid for the ticket..

Guess you'd know if you'd been there.
Was just referencing it so RPCB didn’t read too much into it. I don’t really mind which of the two it was, hence my non attendance.

To me I go to the footy because I enjoy the experience and the routine and catching up with mates and having a day out. Of course I'm pissed off if we lose but it makes no sense to me.

It'd be like getting up after an hour of a movie and saying "Yeah nah this movie is ****, I've got better things to do today." even though you've paid for the ticket..
I get the first paragraph but my mates aren’t carlton supporters so it’s me watching it surrounded by nuffys.

The second paragraph I don’t agree with at all. Why stay at something you’re hating just because you paid for it? Are people that tight that you must get every minute out of something they’re not enjoying just because they paid for it? It’d be like paying for a meal and hating it and the plates licked clean at the end of it

Was just referencing it so RPCB didn’t read too much into it. I don’t really mind which of the two it was, hence my non attendance.

I get the first paragraph but my mates aren’t carlton supporters so it’s me watching it surrounded by nuffys.

The second paragraph I don’t agree with at all. Why stay at something you’re hating just because you paid for it? Are people that tight that you must get every minute out of something they’re not enjoying just because they paid for it? It’d be like paying for a meal and hating it and the plates licked clean at the end of it

It's not like that at all, just sounds like you're a bit precious with your time lol. You're sitting here bashing away at the keyboard on Bigfooty so it's not as if your crafting our generations next great novel.

I love the atmosphere and getting involved, you can do that with out being a nuffy. I find the people who sit there showing no emotion weirder.

Yep have a couple of drinks, have a laugh, and enjoy it. It's a day out.

I don't count the minutes at the end of the day and make sure I've maximised value out of my day hahaha.

It's not like that at all, just sounds like you're a bit precious with your time lol. You're sitting here bashing away at the keyboard on Bigfooty so it's not as if your crafting our generations next great novel.
One can multitask on here. Even with wifi that’s not possible at marvel. Time is everyone’s most precious commodity. Try telling that to my old man who’d rather get to the footy two hours early and drive around for 20 mins to find a free park 20 mins away from the ground rather than pay $12.

I love the atmosphere and getting involved, you can do that with out being a nuffy. I find the people who sit there showing no emotion weirder.
Lol maybe carlton supporters are the most nuffy, at the very least much more nuffy than doggies supporters. When you people saying all sorts of stupid things to kids like Walsh and Dow it’s very hard to “enjoy the atmosphere”

Onto a game that matters the country game. Think I overestimated Selwood being out. Geelong haven’t really missed a beat. Changed my tip to Essendon this morning, first time I’ve changed a tip all season might be my last. First instincts with tipping had served me well so far going into the round on 38 which was only 2 off the footytips site lead

i always like to stay but that's me. but i understand the point of 'well they're not trying, why should i?'
Exactly. I was at the freo game last year when it was something like 10 goals to 0 at HT and stayed purely because I saw multiple efforts for that scoreline to not be even worse. Went unrewarded on the scoreboard and was basically a side that wasn’t good enough to compete with Freo. But that first half today in a pretty even contest ability wise was not good enough. Apart from a couple of chases from Silvagni and a good tackle from Walsh there was nothing to hang your hat on from a carlton supporters perspective. The way this season has gone that would mean we are cherry ripe for a win next, but we’ve got Collingwood lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back