The Association Football AFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And away. Put them down to finish top 4.
Glad you’re up and about mate. I have a real soft spot for Brisbane. They’re a likeable club that have struggled big time with player retention over the years. They’ve done exceptionally well to turn things around and I think a lot of credit needs to go Fagan. The players seem to love him. I also think the signing of Lachie Neale was a massive step towards becoming a genuine destination club.

I think you’re now in a position where you’ll keep ahold of most - if not all - the kids you draft from interstate. Exciting times ahead.

And away. Put them down to finish top 4.

I don’t think they will finish top 4, but should be in the 6-12 bracket. Thin depth in some areas may hurt if injuries strike.

But certainly a much improved performance, particularly their ball use after quarter time. Still a young side - midfield seems ideal for 6,6,6 now and have more weapons up forward. Need Hipwood or Mcstay to kick on a bit this year. All attitude for Hipwood.

Was great to be there Saturday night, will be fun to watch this year. Especially with my housemate working for the club. See how they go on the road this week

I still think 10 wins is a positive season. After Saturday, maybe the AFL public will consider that a par score.

The midfield is starting to shape up beautifully. Wasn’t concerned after quarter time, as the contest itself was pretty much even - scoreline down to overuse and inaccuracy. Tinkered with a few things, and we were off and running.

Was great to see some live footy again after such a draining, monotonous summer of ******* cricket.

Love the Gabba- its atmosphere is outstanding when the Lions are up and about.... you definitely can’t tell how great it is by watching on TV. A
few good results before Round 5 (Collingwood) might result in a sell-out.

I think 10 wins is very realistic and what they would have been aiming for before the season started.

They should win 6-9 games at home you would think

Brisbane slaughtered us through the middle. We werent good enough. Small concern but we lost the opening game last season and went on to win the Premiership so it's not panic stations yet. We gotta convincingly beat GWS this weekend though.

Brisbane slaughtered us through the middle. We werent good enough. Small concern but we lost the opening game last season and went on to win the Premiership so it's not panic stations yet. We gotta convincingly beat GWS this weekend though.
Surely you’d take any win over GWS this weekend. If you’re expecting a convincing win it’s likely that you’ll be disappointed with the outcome. They looked s**t hot on the weekend. You guys were sitting ducks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but you lost to a good team last year.

Surely you’d take any win over GWS this weekend. If you’re expecting a convincing win it’s likely that you’ll be disappointed with the outcome. They looked s**t hot on the weekend. You guys were sitting ducks.
They did and yeah I'll take any win, but we are at home, so we had best make our home advantage count. Kennedy and Rioli should be back for us.

They did and yeah I'll take any win, but we are at home, so we had best make our home advantage count. Kennedy and Rioli should be back for us.
I think they will beat you. They were one of very few teams who looked primed in round one. I think you’ll find your feet eventually but it’s a shocking time to have to play them. Having said all that I always tipped against WCE last season and they always proved me wrong.

I think they will beat you. They were one of very few teams who looked primed in round one. I think you’ll find your feet eventually but it’s a shocking time to have to play them. Having said all that I always tipped against WCE last season and they always proved me wrong.
Guess we will see, we dont often lose at home and we will be up for it for many reasons. Hurn's 250th, we are unfurling our Premiership flag before the game, the racism issue with Liam Ryan midweek, first game at home in front of the fans and the want to absolutely turn around what was a terrible round one performance. I think we will be raring to go. Hopefully we can get it done.

Guess we will see, we dont often lose at home and we will be up for it for many reasons. Hurn's 250th, we are unfurling our Premiership flag before the game, the racism issue with Liam Ryan midweek, first game at home in front of the fans and the want to absolutely turn around what was a terrible round one performance. I think we will be raring to go. Hopefully we can get it done.
All good points. Good luck. Hopefully GWS aren’t as good as I think they are.

Big goal for the Tiges right on half time, shaping up to be a cracking game.

Bizzare umpiring since Edwards didn’t lay the tackle.....

Great to see Scully in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back