The Association Football Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You don't need to drop anyone else haha. It'd be Head in, Warner out.
Calculate Episode 18 GIF by The Simpsons

All credit to him, I hope he plays well. I just miss when you actually had to earn a spot in the test side, not just have played 10 FC games.

Renshaw needs to open for Warner who is desperately cooked. Head back in for Handscomb.
Was the only bowler who actually looked like taking a wicket as well...

And good on him. It's not his fault they've picked him.
It sort of is though.

Did well for Victoria and was rewarded with an Aus A tour. Did well on that tour of SL.

Selected for India.

It sort of is though.

Did well for Victoria and was rewarded with an Aus A tour. Did well on that tour of SL.

Selected for India.
After playing 10 FC games. As I said, used to have to actually earn a spot rather than just go through a very small green patch.

Will Cam Green come back in on this tour do you think?

After playing 10 FC games. As I said, used to have to actually earn a spot rather than just go through a very small green patch.

Will Cam Green come back in on this tour do you think?
Quick turnaround between tests so I would think unlikely for the next one. Would hope he is right for the third though. He is straight in as soon as he can bowl.

Unless someone does something special in the second innings, Head will be straight back in. Renshaw came in higher in the pecking order, but next innings could be a shootout between him and Handscomb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll be back in the middle order if we go on to lose and Renshaw or Handscomb don’t perform next innings.
Handscomb was one of few players to play well. Green comes in ahead of Head. It's a matter of whether Renshaw, Khawaja or Warner gets dropped

Handscomb was one of few players to play well. Green comes in ahead of Head. It's a matter of whether Renshaw, Khawaja or Warner gets dropped
Handscomb came in because he was right handed and we panicked about the pitch. He looked good, but right now 31 isn’t looking anything spectacular given the wicket. That could change.

We tried to be way too tricky with our team by dropping one of the form players in the world. Head is clearly the best bat of the 3, maybe we should give him a chance in the conditions while he’s in career best form and see how he goes.

Handscomb came in because he was right handed and we panicked about the pitch. He looked good, but right now 31 isn’t looking anything spectacular given the wicket. That could change.

We tried to be way too tricky with our team by dropping one of the form players in the world. Head is clearly the best bat of the 3, maybe we should give him a chance in the conditions while he’s in career best form and see how he goes.
Handscomb came in because he's one of the best players of spin in the country and basically destroyed Shield cricket. Head got dropped because he's one of the worst players of spin in international cricket.

Head was arguably in better form last summer and then in his 5 tests in Asia he made 91 runs at 15 against inferior spinners from Pakistan and Sri Lanka.

Handscomb came in because he's one of the best players of spin in the country and basically destroyed Shield cricket. Head got dropped because he's one of the worst players of spin in international cricket.

Head was arguably in better form last summer and then in his 5 tests in Asia he made 91 runs at 15 against inferior spinners from Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
“Destroyed shield cricket” is being very generous. He’s had a good season. He’s got his chance so for our sake I hope he does something in the second innings.

I’m not really sure how Head is ever meant to improve in the conditions or prove himself if he’s never allowed to play there again.

“Destroyed shield cricket” is being very generous. He’s had a good season. He’s got his chance so for our sake I hope he does something in the second innings.

I’m not really sure how Head is ever meant to improve in the conditions or prove himself if he’s never allowed to play there again.
Nearly 600 runs in 5 games at 82 is destroying it, considering nobody else has 500 runs into their 7th game and only one other bloke is averaging over 50.

You wanted Head in the side. But don't bullshit around why he was dropped. It was very simple and I explained it above.

move to nsw

Remove this Banner Ad

Back