Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder though, did he have enough 'higher up' friends in the mid 60's? Before he was a Supreme court judge etc. I did a bit of reading on him, and it seemed his phone was tapped by ASIO in the mid 60's, along with other forms of surveillance. Seems unlikely he could of committed a major crime without them knowing?

On another note though, his middle name was Frank. Perhaps Frank Barsley does have a meaning, if it is intended to be him.
Would be interested in what you found out about Elliott Johnston. Does seem very unlikey ASIO didn't know what he was up to.

I'm calling BS on the vet's story, it just doesn't make any sense.

1. A car like that would be super easy to find in small town Adelaide in the '60's. Police would have known who drove it without any doubt. If it existed.

2. He went to Puck a week after the disappearance but it didn't click that the 3 kids he saw get into an extremely distinctive car were the ones that were missing, even though their descriptions were all over the place during that week and they disappeared within metres of where he says he saw them? He never saw any media or talked to any friends/family during that week who would have mentioned the disappearance?

3. The 'old couple' he said he chatted with never came forward? I reckon he's inserting himself into the case and used the 'old couple sitting on the bench' story to advantage, except the old couple were at the reserve and not outside the bakery.

4. The people at the park stated the man was late 30's while the vet says he's around 20yo?

5. He only came forward 40/50 years later?

Not buying it.

as far as Dave the vietnam vet yes he did go to Pucka with in a day or so after what he saw , then they were in veitnam for 2 years, the same as my partner , while over there they did not receive much in the way of any news or radio reports , I know this as asked my partner , the only bits of news they recieved was what ever family member may have sent them via mail , when most came back they were having their own issues after the war , Dave always had a interest in cars , and had his own issues over the years , and as we know vets can have flashbacks , so maybe this is what happened with him to remember and come forward years later , we lost contact with Dave few years back after he moved

as far as Dave the vietnam vet yes he did go to Pucka with in a day or so after what he saw , then they were in veitnam for 2 years, the same as my partner , while over there they did not receive much in the way of any news or radio reports , I know this as asked my partner , the only bits of news they recieved was what ever family member may have sent them via mail , when most came back they were having their own issues after the war , Dave always had a interest in cars , and had his own issues over the years , and as we know vets can have flashbacks , so maybe this is what happened with him to remember and come forward years later , we lost contact with Dave few years back after he moved
He said he left a week after they disappeared, plenty of time to at least hear about the missing kids he says he saw that day.

as my partner who was the same had a few days to get ready . pack their bags and farewell their family and friends , so they did have other things on their minds , the fear in their minds of not coming back or seeing family , may have played a part in his not hearing or listening to tv or radio and didnt hear anythingn while they were over there ,

Phipps other son basically debunks everything ie they slept in the same room until Haydn was 21 there was never any abuse from Harry, they never had a cubby/tree house Haydn hated smoking as a teenager so smoking in the cubby and seeing the Beaumonts in the yard sounds ridiculous to him, the Mother didn't play Tennis that day, Basically describes Haydn as a loon in general.

As I’ve said a few times, I hope the Phipps family is able to sue the life out of Usher and the network for that disgraceful piece of s**t they had the hide to call a “documentary”.

Garbage like that just causes damage to everybody, not least the Beaumont family. All in the name of ratings.

Good point about "Frank". He was given 50,000 pounds to start up a law firm around 1948 (it's coming up for its 70th anniversary). That must be worth quite a bit in today's dollars. He also buys himself a nice car and a house for him and his wife. He must be fairly successful with this, and Bray recommends him to be appointed a queens counsel in 1969 (turned down by Premier Steele so not everyone liked him). Premier Don Dunstan appoints him in 1970. Wife very involved in trade unions. I think he would have many high up friends in mid 60's with this sort of influence.

However you make a very good point about him being under surveillance by ASIO, as being in the communist party (which he didn't give up until 1983) would normally be the death knell for any advancement in Western society in those years.

What do you think of the claims on the blog he was involved in the deaths of suspected GRU or soviet foreign agent, the unknown Somerton man in 1948? Could this be somehow connected to ASIO?

https://pedophilesdownunder.com/2017/01/12/elliot-johnson-australias-pedo-communist-party/

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d/news-story/3951eef52092ee56916aeefbc1b7007b

Would be interested in what you found out about Elliott Johnston. Does seem very unlikey ASIO didn't know what he was up to.

The Somerton man/ Tamam shud case is another mystery that you can spend a whole lot of time reading about, might need another thread haha. I won't go too much into it, as its another topic really but the connection to him is possible I suppose,if the theories about the the Somerton man being a communist agent are to be believed. It seems likely there was people in the SA communist party who were sending information overseas

I didn't find out too much on Johnston, had a quick look through his biography on the net. Only able to view some of the pages.. as I haven't bought the book. But it does seem ASIO had a pretty large file on him as well as his wife (also a communist). And it states that he was under surveillance in the mid 60's, as well as before this and after. Seems they rated both him and wife as some of the more intelligent and respected people in the communist party. I don't think there's much chance that he'd be able to get away with anything and doubt his involvement in this. Whoever wrote the books, seems to have had access to the ASIO file, but it doesn't appear to be available in the national archives, neither does his WW2 service record.

The Somerton man/ Tamam shud case is another mystery that you can spend a whole lot of time reading about, might need another thread haha. I won't go too much into it, as its another topic really but the connection to him is possible I suppose,if the theories about the the Somerton man being a communist agent are to be believed. It seems likely there was people in the SA communist party who were sending information overseas

I didn't find out too much on Johnston, had a quick look through his biography on the net. Only able to view some of the pages.. as I haven't bought the book. But it does seem ASIO had a pretty large file on him as well as his wife (also a communist). And it states that he was under surveillance in the mid 60's, as well as before this and after. Seems they rated both him and wife as some of the more intelligent and respected people in the communist party. I don't think there's much chance that he'd be able to get away with anything and doubt his involvement in this. Whoever wrote the books, seems to have had access to the ASIO file, but it doesn't appear to be available in the national archives, neither does his WW2 service record.
Interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if there is more to the ASIO angle. They must have known exactly what he was up to. Handy for them if the Somerton man was a communist agent and his codes contained secret information, for him to die and the case never to have been solved,

As I’ve said a few times, I hope the Phipps family is able to sue the life out of Usher and the network for that disgraceful piece of s**t they had the hide to call a “documentary”.

Garbage like that just causes damage to everybody, not least the Beaumont family. All in the name of ratings.
as my partner who was the same had a few days to get ready . pack their bags and farewell their family and friends , so they did have other things on their minds , the fear in their minds of not coming back or seeing family , may have played a part in his not hearing or listening to tv or radio and didnt hear anythingn while they were over there ,
Yes "documentary deserved the Ron Burgundy award for truth in journalism. Doesn't mean to say Phipps wan't involved at some level though. Police still have him as a poi so must have other information they are still investigation.

Also David Smith the Vietnam vet, thought he was talking to an 11 year old initially and the children he saw were picked up in a fancy sports car with luggage racks and were accompanied by a 20 year old blonde man wearing European style bathers.

There was confusion with the information but initial publicity and poster said they went missing from the beach or Colley reserve and they were looking for a dark haired man mid to late 30's wearing dark blue speedos with a white stripe down each side. For me this and his relatively immediate deployment to Vietnam is understandable in his delay in reporting to police what he saw.

Don't know if anything much was made of them going to the bakery and definitely nothing about the one pound note for a year and even later on what they bought. David Smith hasn't tried to integrate himself with what was supposed to have happened, instead reported what he saw. I think getting more information on the description of the care and figuring out who owned it, is important.

There is a thread that has just been bumped

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it will happen soon, Munro will also have further charges laid. It is my understanding there was a fourth child involved that witnessed what happened and was not murdered. He is in discussions with police at the moment and they are taking it seriously. I'm only guessing, but I think he is the son of an acquaintance of Munro's.

I think it will happen soon, Munro will also have further charges laid. It is my understanding there was a fourth child involved that witnessed what happened and was not murdered. He is in discussions with police at the moment and they are taking it seriously. I'm only guessing, but I think he is the son of an acquaintance of Munro's.
Still makes you wonder why it has taken so long for someone to come forward !

Munro 19 at the time and this guy would be close to 19 as well. According to Ruth McIntyre her father got a phone call and Munro arrived to pick him up in a yellow car that had others in it. Her brother Andrew had been looking forward to going with them as they supposedly were going diving off the pier.

It's possible this guy was one of the other in the car and was with Munro and McIntyre when they set off to the beach. He may have thought he had some culpability and was reluctant to come forward (if these reports are true) before this.

Maybe conscience has got the better of him of a relative has talked and been believed for a change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back