Unsolved The Beaumont Children

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that.

The more I read about the Beaumont children case the more I think there has been a cover up of epic proportions.
Me too. Can't blame the initial cops at Glenelg trying to take hundreds of statements from people trying to be helpful. Explains why descriptions of who was talking with the kids got mixed up and possible two people. Poster released was clear it was a brown haired man mid to late thirties, while a newspaper headline and other witnesses said it was a blonde man, twenties.

Interesting that the pound note wasn't mentioned for a year and the 5 pasties, one pie, 6 finger buns and two large bottles of coke was released to my knowledge for many years later.

Also interesting in March 1966, ex-policeman Ray "Gunner" Kelly flew into Adelaide. A legendary figure in the NSW Police Force, he had only recently retired with the rank of Detective Inspector, and had been probably Australia's most famous policeman. He was employed on a private investigation into the disappearance of the Beaumont children by a Sydney newspaper. The South Australia Police welcomed him politely but Kelly left after only one day.

I think Frank Barsley may explain a few things. It may be the Mullighan Inquiry could have some details, otherwise its may be possible to check some of the facts raised to do with him.

Last edited:
Who ever it was that stole those children must of paid a lot of money to keep the case complicated as possible and to create confusion if that makes sense. ******* scumbags.

Anyone know what sort of car Phipps drove? Seems to have been the wealthiest of the suspects.
I think the car angle is interesting and worth following up. If I remember correctly Phipps car was taken by his wife that day to go to her tennis. I think it was a Pontiac, does anyone know? Called distinctive and a yank tank. Could have been similar to the following, only made in USA?
upload_2018-2-13_19-53-48.png upload_2018-2-13_20-20-58.png From wiki Pontiac
McIntyre was picked up by a friend in a black car and Munro headed to the beach with three friends in a yellow car according to Ruth McIntyre. Her mother had gone to work on the train that morning as a friend had borrowed their car.

This fact can be checked but it's reported the Communist Party loaned Johnson (Johnston) 50,000 pounds which Johnston used to found the Adelaide law firm Johnston and Withers. Johnston also bought a house and a flash motorcar. The loan was forgiven for services rendered.

He seems to like flash motorcars and I wonder if the description of the car given by the Vietnam vet David Smith matched his car in 1966? His description didn't sound like Phipps yank tank.

Last edited:

I think the car angle is interesting and worth following up. If I remember correctly Phipps car was taken by his wife that day to go to her tennis. I think it was a Pontiac, does anyone know? Called distinctive and a yank tank. Could have been similar to the following, only made in USA?
View attachment 459532View attachment 459541From wiki Pontiac
McIntyre was picked up by a friend in a black car and Munro headed to the beach with three friends in a yellow car according to Ruth McIntyre. Her mother had gone to work on the train that morning as a friend had borrowed their car.

This fact can be checked but it's reported the Communist Party loaned Johnson (Johnston) 50,000 pounds which Johnston used to found the Adelaide law firm Johnston and Withers. Johnston also bought a house and a flash motorcar. The loan was forgiven for services rendered.

He seems to like flash motorcars and I wonder if the description of the car given by the Vietnam vet David Smith matched his car in 1966? His description didn't sound like Phipps yank tank.

Interesting, but where does this stuff on Johnson come from? Seems to be an upstanding citizen, other than on that blog.

Mentioned in The Satin Man book as being close to Harry Phipps and going to “Victor Harbour” with his partner in crime? Elaborated on by the author whose quote is in Puke’s post above.

So, who is he? Originally tried moving the letters around, thinking it’s an anagram for another name, or occupation of the person. However, the authors are hiding his identity and one of the books that may mirror this situation on some level they’d be aware of is LA Confidential by James Ellroy.

So, for me Frank Barsley is a totally made up name, equivalent to “Rollo Tomassi” of LA Confidential, the guy who no one knows and always thought he could get away with it.

So, who had the two-storied white house just over the highway? Who would be powerful enough that SAPOL and Major Crime after investigation allegations would have found them unsubstantiated as detailed by author Mullins?

https://pedophilesdownunder.com/?s=adelaide

Even if I only believe some of this, he fits and could be Frank Barsley.

Appointed Queen's Counsel by Don Dunstan in 1970 after being first rejected by Premier Steele Hall in 1969. Hall had sent back a recommendation by the Chief Justice, John Bray, to make Johnston a QC.

Appointed as SA Supreme Court judge in 1983 by John Bannon.

You reckon Barsley is Elliot Johnston ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, but where does this stuff on Johnson come from? Seems to be an upstanding citizen, other than on that blog.
You reckon Barsley is Elliot Johnston ?
Upstanding citizen, QC and SA supreme court judge, friend of Premiers and communists and to all outward appearances a defender of the law.

Yes, I think its quite possible Frank Barsley is Elliot Johnston. The authors of Satin Man know.

As an aside, he really was part of a large family, as both his mother and father were from large families.
Father had 12 siblings. Ethel May Johnston(e) who died on 11 Feb 1986 was the second youngest and likely to be only 5 or so years older than Elliot.

Last edited:
Upstanding citizen, QC and SA supreme court judge, friend of Premiers and communists and to all outward appearances a defender of the law.

Yes, I think its quite possible Frank Barsley is Elliot Johnston. The authors of Satin Man know.

As an aside, he really was part of a large family, as both his mother and father were from large families.
Father had 12 siblings. Ethyl May Johnston(e) who died on 11 Feb 1986 was the second youngest and likely to be only 5 or so years older than Elliot.

Interesting mate. I might see if I can contact the author and ask

Father had 12 siblings. Ethyl May Johnston(e) who died on 11 Feb 1986 was the second youngest and likely to be only 5 or so years older than Elliot.

Is the campaigner dead? All the other campaigners are pretty much dead now

I thought B was one of the transvestites that were involved with abductions along with BVE? The radio personality was always rumoured but have not seen any mention of someone fitting his description in any accepted version of events.
Mr B is not a radio personality. He was a friend of von Einem and helped Bevan to drug and rape boys. A scumbag of the highest order. I know his name and the last i heard he was a Brisbane bus driver.

Is the campaigner dead? All the other campaigners are pretty much dead now
Yep died in 2011 aged 93. Was around the same age as Phipps.
Interesting mate. I might see if I can contact the author and ask
It would be interesting to find out if the suitcases full of news paper clippings found 11 March 1986 with the strange comments, initially thought to be the biggest breakthrough in the case in 20 years, belonged to Ethel May Johnston.
http://web.archive.org/web/20140201...ntchildren.com/beaumontFalseLeadsRubbish.html

... and could this description "sports styled car, new, shiny with a chrome luggage rack" "high end car" match one Johnston had in 1966?

Last edited:

Father had 12 siblings. Ethel May Johnston(e) who died on 11 Feb 1986 was the second youngest and likely to be only 5 or so years older than Elliot.

I wonder though, did he have enough 'higher up' friends in the mid 60's? Before he was a Supreme court judge etc. I did a bit of reading on him, and it seemed his phone was tapped by ASIO in the mid 60's, along with other forms of surveillance. Seems unlikely he could of committed a major crime without them knowing?

On another note though, his middle name was Frank. Perhaps Frank Barsley does have a meaning, if it is intended to be him.

I wonder though, did he have enough 'higher up' friends in the mid 60's? Before he was a Supreme court judge etc. I did a bit of reading on him, and it seemed his phone was tapped by ASIO in the mid 60's, along with other forms of surveillance. Seems unlikely he could of committed a major crime without them knowing?

On another note though, his middle name was Frank. Perhaps Frank Barsley does have a meaning, if it is intended to be him.
Good point about "Frank". He was given 50,000 pounds to start up a law firm around 1948 (it's coming up for its 70th anniversary). That must be worth quite a bit in today's dollars. He also buys himself a nice car and a house for him and his wife. He must be fairly successful with this, and Bray recommends him to be appointed a queens counsel in 1969 (turned down by Premier Steele so not everyone liked him). Premier Don Dunstan appoints him in 1970. Wife very involved in trade unions. I think he would have many high up friends in mid 60's with this sort of influence.

However you make a very good point about him being under surveillance by ASIO, as being in the communist party (which he didn't give up until 1983) would normally be the death knell for any advancement in Western society in those years.

What do you think of the claims on the blog he was involved in the deaths of suspected GRU or soviet foreign agent, the unknown Somerton man in 1948? Could this be somehow connected to ASIO?

https://pedophilesdownunder.com/2017/01/12/elliot-johnson-australias-pedo-communist-party/

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...d/news-story/3951eef52092ee56916aeefbc1b7007b

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The killer of the Beaumonts will have been surprised that his crime became as famous as it did. It will have increased his paranoia. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't move the children's remains as the killers of both Samantha Knight and Jacob Wetterling did

The killer of the Beaumonts will have been surprised that his crime became as famous as it did. It will have increased his paranoia. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't move the children's remains as the killers of both Samantha Knight and Jacob Wetterling did
Interesting, that was one of the statements Ruth McIntyre said her father told her. Does anyone remember what she said?

Can’t get passed the pay wall. What does it say? Also, does anyone know who runs the Beaumont Facebook page? The person who posts on their talks a lot of smack, can’t understand half the things on there.

Can’t get passed the pay wall. What does it say? Also, does anyone know who runs the Beaumont Facebook page? The person who posts on their talks a lot of smack, can’t understand half the things on there.

Phipps other son basically debunks everything ie they slept in the same room until Haydn was 21 there was never any abuse from Harry, they never had a cubby/tree house Haydn hated smoking as a teenager so smoking in the cubby and seeing the Beaumonts in the yard sounds ridiculous to him, the Mother didn't play Tennis that day, Basically describes Haydn as a loon in general.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back