Opinion The best commentary team

Who is your favourite commentary team?

• Channel 7

• Fox Footy

• Triple M

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to like Frank Sparrow, back in the day (WAFL)

If my team isn't playing I don't mind Brayshaw, Lyon, Dunstall/Spud/Billy/BT carrying on like tools. If Hudson, Whateley or Commetti aren't calling I generally prefer Triple M's nonsense to most of the others who just can't quite do it like those three.

i like abc callers better than tv like Whateley and Adam White or Francis Leach and Matt Hill or even the local guys that do the SA WA NSW or QLD games better than Seven

I don't know because I don't listen to the radio these days... but I do think that TV commentary has descended to all-time lows in recent years.

Watching Preliminary finals on Youtube from 1994 and 1999 it is notable how level-headed and respectful the commentators were. Even with a point the difference and two minutes to go there was no yelling repetitively as Bruce does all the time these days, e.g. "Roughead, still Roughead, still Roughead, STILL Roughead, Goals! He's a star, eh, what a star"... STFU!

I used to like triple M (say 5 or so years ago) but there is now a whole new generation of bogan try hards and I just can't stand it. Triple M was finished as soon as BT left imo.

Back