• 5. @Quadzilla

• 6. @Don_Kay

• 7. @Dylan8

• 8. @captain ebert

• 9. @Suit

• 10. @ChristopH

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you chaps for the discussion surrounding rubber fists and their several uses.

Going back to the topic being discussed, I wouldn't mind our next logo to feature PORT as the main message. Similar to what North Melbourne have done with NORTH but better executed. They've also had an identity crisis that they are now trying to fix. I am not saying to drop the Power nickname all together but use it less prominently. After all, we are one club with two teams. The lightning bolt/s, fist, etc can still be part of the logo as they are key components of our AFL identity but also could be secondary in the logo (like the kangaroo in the Norf logo). We are the only PORT in the AFL after all.
*Ports

Thank you chaps for the discussion surrounding rubber fists and their several uses.

Going back to the topic being discussed, I wouldn't mind our next logo to feature PORT as the main message. Similar to what North Melbourne have done with NORTH but better executed. They've also had an identity crisis that they are now trying to fix. I am not saying to drop the Power nickname all together but use it less prominently. After all, we are one club with two teams. The lightning bolt/s, fist, etc can still be part of the logo as they are key components of our AFL identity but also could be secondary in the logo (like the kangaroo in the Norf logo). We are the only PORT in the AFL after all.
qgiXubV.png

I made this a while ago, wanted to keep the rectangle shape of the Power logo but change it to a more conventional shield shape. Also a focus on Port rather than PAFC or Power.

qgiXubV.png

I made this a while ago, wanted to keep the rectangle shape of the Power logo but change it to a more conventional shield shape. Also a focus on Port rather than PAFC or Power.
I like the art deco look of that design :thumbsu:

"Ports" in an art deco font would make it.

Wharfie complimenting a logo design?! What's next, Doctor Feel liking a social media post from the club? :p
I like that as a design but if we are going to replace our current logo it has to be this one by ChristopH

322885_fb088f493cb8bc194c918384542261b8.png

That logo is guaranteed to fix our game plan.

I like that as a design but if we are going to replace our current logo it has to be this one by ChristopH

322885_fb088f493cb8bc194c918384542261b8.png

That logo is guaranteed to fix our game plan.

The middle looks like a bowl of alphabet soup.

Yep, that's what's wrong with it.
Nah, that is one of its strong points. If I were to change anything, other than correcting the Latin, it would be to make the bottom right hand quadrant of the shield chevrons instead of horizontal bars.

Interesting to see a major sports brand go so minimalist

Makes the 1870 diamond logo look positively busy by comparison

Attachments

• 862.jpg
    862.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

qgiXubV.png

My favourite so far

View attachment 328603
Here's one that I've been mucking around with today. I'm going for a number panel vibe in the top half and a lightning bolt/magpie wing combo underneath it.
Love it! Great mix of old and new and fits the AFL side really well. If you can be bothered, I'd love to see what it looks like with the teal extended left to cover the black.

Love it! Great mix of old and new and fits the AFL side really well. If you can be bothered, I'd love to see what it looks like with the teal extended left to cover the black.
That would be taking away the magpies wing..however, do see where your coming from in an aesthetic pov
I'd like to see it in an inverted view with "Ports" being in white on a black background Pappagallo

View attachment 328603
Here's one that I've been mucking around with today. I'm going for a number panel vibe in the top half and a lightning bolt/magpie wing combo underneath it.

If that's not a tramp stamp on my mum's back by Monday evening I don't want to see her naked anymore

That would be taking away the magpies wing..however, do see where your coming from in an aesthetic pov
I'd like to see it in an inverted view with "Ports" being in white on a black background Pappagallo

Ports2.png

Hey JayPea14 I've been busy the last few days so I only just got around to trying out your suggestion. I had to change things a bit to maintain the shape of the wing, but I think it still works OK. Just different!

Back