Society & Culture The BigFooty Guide to getting the non-gender specific person of Your Desire (Part 8)

Remove this Banner Ad

Abbreviations of colleges sound nice too. Aforementioned UCLA, UMass, UConn, UNLV etc.

I guess say Melbourne Uni would be UMP (Uni Melb Parkdale), Monash clayton would be UMC etc. haha

If you go to Parkdale your going to have a tough time finding a University!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Western Australian Institute of Technology
Curtin University of New Technology
Curtin University of Technology
Curtin University

If only...

Curtin University Netball Team.

Hey this thread is back!
AFS and Desires. Today is a good day.

Yeah, thought it could do with a nudge. I am no wiser as to how to get my soulmate and/or satisfier of needs, but I know a lot more about schools and wogball pitches than I did.

FWIW I'll put the Junction Oval as my #1 pick for playing surface, ahead of the MCG. Magnificent place to run on.

Me either.

I chat to alot more guys (thru patting their dogs- no euphemism) but I get the distinct feeling they're all partnered up.
just ask them. hey nice dog, can i pat. yeh sure, chat chat chat. so, i was wondering, you single ? i am. at worst they walk off shaking their head, at best, jackpot.
be costanza, do opposite of whatever you feel you should do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel free to give thoughts on the below.

So, myself and this girl, let’s call her S – met about 6 years ago. She’s from Sydney, out in Melbourne one night with friends of my friends, we got along real well and hooked up (didn’t sleep together) and that was it.

Randomly, throughout the 6 years since then, we’ve kept in contact. Even when she had a long-term bf and I had a long-term gf we still talked occasionally. Banter was always great and just in general got along real well.

Fast forward to late 2021 and we are both single, talking starts to ramp up a lot and there’s a clear interest there.

She’s coming to Melbourne in early March, we agree to spend a portion of time together then. We do and it exceeds all expectations. The connection is insanely strong. We sleep together (extremely rare for her) and it’s just all round magical.

We’ve clearly communicated to each other that it’s early days and despite being extremely into each other, we have individual lives we are enjoying living; we are both in deep into our work, I’m only still relatively recently single, and of course we live in different states, so let’s just keep things open-minded for now. In terms of dating other people – totally fine, happy to talk about it with each other.

Now her next trip to Melbourne planned is the Grand Prix this weekend, it coincides with my first boxing fight this Friday night. She bought her ticket to my fight and booked her flight in time to land for it immediately after she got back from her last trip; so she will be at my fight, she will be with friends Saturday/Sunday then on Monday we could spend the day together (her flight doesn’t leave til 5pm and I have the day off).

Past few weeks she has just gone ice cold. Can barely get a response out of her. We usually talk via message every day and FaceTime/Phone call once a week or so.

I’ve addressed it with her and she borderline lashes out at me then just doesn’t respond. Eg I’ve asked what her deal is with our lack of communication and she said her life has just gotten full on and it’s nothing specific to me at all. She also posted an Instagram story, which was basically a meme/quote complaining about men which has prompted me to think she’s met someone else – which, if true, is actually totally fine. I’m interstate and if she’s found someone that’s likely a more viable long-term option then that’s fine – just let me know, perhaps? However, I will say she is a very rare dater – eg when we hooked up in March it was her first hookup in 13 months.

I asked again yesterday if we need to hash anything out and again, essentially dismisses what I'm saying and says there’s nothing to hash out, her best friend just separated from her husband, she’s just got a promotion at work and everything is just full on right now and it's not specific to me. I know she suffers anxiety I’ve never really seen that side of it. She’s always joked about being ‘crazy’ too, which again I never really knew why.

So question is – what the * do I do with this girl? Has she met someone else and she’s stringing me along in case the other one doesn’t work out? Is she having an anxious/depressive episode and just lashing out and withdrawing? A part of me wants to send her money for my ticket back and tell her to go * herself and not bother catching up this weekend. Another is telling me to take a breath and give her a chance to come out of and explain whatever it is she’s going through. Which to be honest, is hard because I'm feeling very angry and disrespected by the way she has spoken to me.

Thoughts?

Id say there some amber flags but bail is a bit extreme, perhaps the friends divorce and work are just impacting her time and energy levels at the moment.

If shes already coming down and youve already organised to see her then theres no need to pull the pin on those things, just go through with them and if it works then great, if it doesnt at least you wont die wondering.

Feel free to give thoughts on the below.

So, myself and this girl, let’s call her S – met about 6 years ago. She’s from Sydney, out in Melbourne one night with friends of my friends, we got along real well and hooked up (didn’t sleep together) and that was it.

Randomly, throughout the 6 years since then, we’ve kept in contact. Even when she had a long-term bf and I had a long-term gf we still talked occasionally. Banter was always great and just in general got along real well.

Fast forward to late 2021 and we are both single, talking starts to ramp up a lot and there’s a clear interest there.

She’s coming to Melbourne in early March, we agree to spend a portion of time together then. We do and it exceeds all expectations. The connection is insanely strong. We sleep together (extremely rare for her) and it’s just all round magical.

We’ve clearly communicated to each other that it’s early days and despite being extremely into each other, we have individual lives we are enjoying living; we are both in deep into our work, I’m only still relatively recently single, and of course we live in different states, so let’s just keep things open-minded for now. In terms of dating other people – totally fine, happy to talk about it with each other.

Now her next trip to Melbourne planned is the Grand Prix this weekend, it coincides with my first boxing fight this Friday night. She bought her ticket to my fight and booked her flight in time to land for it immediately after she got back from her last trip; so she will be at my fight, she will be with friends Saturday/Sunday then on Monday we could spend the day together (her flight doesn’t leave til 5pm and I have the day off).

Past few weeks she has just gone ice cold. Can barely get a response out of her. We usually talk via message every day and FaceTime/Phone call once a week or so.

I’ve addressed it with her and she borderline lashes out at me then just doesn’t respond. Eg I’ve asked what her deal is with our lack of communication and she said her life has just gotten full on and it’s nothing specific to me at all. She also posted an Instagram story, which was basically a meme/quote complaining about men which has prompted me to think she’s met someone else – which, if true, is actually totally fine. I’m interstate and if she’s found someone that’s likely a more viable long-term option then that’s fine – just let me know, perhaps? However, I will say she is a very rare dater – eg when we hooked up in March it was her first hookup in 13 months.

I asked again yesterday if we need to hash anything out and again, essentially dismisses what I'm saying and says there’s nothing to hash out, her best friend just separated from her husband, she’s just got a promotion at work and everything is just full on right now and it's not specific to me. I know she suffers anxiety I’ve never really seen that side of it. She’s always joked about being ‘crazy’ too, which again I never really knew why.

So question is – what the fu** do I do with this girl? Has she met someone else and she’s stringing me along in case the other one doesn’t work out? Is she having an anxious/depressive episode and just lashing out and withdrawing? A part of me wants to send her money for my ticket back and tell her to go fu** herself and not bother catching up this weekend. Another is telling me to take a breath and give her a chance to come out of and explain whatever it is she’s going through. Which to be honest, is hard because I'm feeling very angry and disrespected by the way she has spoken to me.

Thoughts?
I'm reading a lot of insecurity and projection from you. You sure you're not just scared of being KO'd?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back