The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lots of debate over sack or not be sacked. Could lfc show its support by extending klopps contract?
We just need the group to get through this tough period and reset next season. Klopp shouldn't be sacked but he should realise the tactics we have with the lack of players we got doesn't work. Either press, or set us up more defensively. We can't do neither.

Sacking Klopp would be barmy. Need to write this year off as a shocker and build for next year (Champions League or not)

We know in sport the coach is the one who gets the chop. A la Grant brebner (hopefully soon). But players get off scott free. Circumstances diff of course.

I guess if Richmond sacked Hardwick, one may surmise that 3 flags in 4 years doesn't happen. Or maybe it does, or maybe 4 in 4.

This year has a giant asterix appended to it.

If a tree falls in the forest, and no one is there to hear it, did it make a sound?

If a team wins a trophy, and no fans are there to celebrate it, did they really win it at all?

This is how I feel now. In that brief period with fans in November/December, I remember watching when against Wolves the Kop broke into the Firmino song. I got a lump in my throat.

Liverpool may have won their first league title in 30 years last year, but unlike the fans of Arsenal, Leeds United, Manchester United, Blackburn Rovers, Chelsea, Manchester City and Leicester City whose teams won it in those intervening 30 years, we didn't get the proper experience.

It makes me bitter to be honest. To have the best fans in the world and not be able to celebrate it with them. It'll be weird at best if we have a parade in September 2021 or later to celebrate that trophy.

YNWA lads and ladettes. Bring on Red Bull Leipzig.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think back to all the painfully mediocre Liverpool teams over the last 30 years. None of them, not even Hodgson's, finished lower than EIGHTH.

Right now this team will be flat out trying to match that. But Gerrard is not the answer, he has to prove himself in one of the top leagues first otherwise we just make the same mistake that Chelsea did.
In defence of that, the league has changed since those days. It used to be just the Sky 4 and the rest. Then Spurs and City made it into a big 6 and then sometimes 1 or 2 team would have an outstanding year which could sometimes push a big 6 team to 8th. But it was rare. Now with all the money in football, the absolute top is still too difficult for outside the big 6. (save for the miracle of Leicester) But now EL and CL spots are available to other teams as the mid table sides have bridged the gap somewhat.

Sides like West Ham, Wolves, Everton, Leicester, Villa, I think Leeds in the future too. So it's far easier to tumble down the league if you have a poor year. Back then a poor year would still see you finish 6th, nowadays a poor league season can see you finish 10th.

We are in worse form than under Utopia Hodgson, if it's still the owl face I'd be calling for snipers at the ready in Melwood

But it's Jurg so meh, whatever, build him a statue

Twitter andies calling him to be sacked need to log off and touch grass
Yeah it's Jurg so everyone needs to calm down. Plus I dont think this form would happen if we say had the following team.

Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robbo
Hendo Fabinho Thiago
Salah Firmino Mane

Kelleher, Gomez, Tsimikas, Wijnaldum, Keita, Shaq, Jota.

That team fully fit and firing would not be losing 6 in a row at Anfield.

We're just going through the weirdest thing right now. I think we will right it and finish the season ok. Then take a break and get key guys back and fire up again for next season.

I have total faith in Edwards, Klopp and the lads.

The players are playing without any enjoyment. Think back to Jones' goal v Sheffield United. No enjoyment in that. That's the first thing Klopp needs to find a way to fix.
I've noticed that, they all look miserable for some reason. I cant remember Mo celebrating a goal with a smile in a long time. He's looked weirdly pissed off even though he's such a happy guy off the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back