The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said to Bordeaux a good couple of years ago that he wanted out, and every transfer window since.

They've refused to sell him in every window since then, even this window they've said they won't. Can't blame them. Going for another domestic title, and performing brilliantly in the Champions League - and he's a key player for them.

Fair enough, I didn't know that. Gives it a bit more understanding I guess.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=724592&sec=england&cc=3436

Does selling the naming rights to the new stadium (if it ever happens) bother anybody? I personally encourage it. If we want to keep up with the big clubs we need to do things like this. Plus being a new stadium, it's not going to have the same cultural power and effect that renaming Anfield would have had. The quotes at the end of the article are ridiculous as well, moving from Anfield is completely different to leaving a stadium like the San Siro or Camp Nou, those stadiums seat a lot more and are a lot more feasible long term. Simple fact is to keep up with the other big European clubs we need a stadium that seats more than our current one.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=724592&sec=england&cc=3436

Does selling the naming rights to the new stadium (if it ever happens) bother anybody?

As long as it isn't something really naff. The W.A Football Commission tried renaming Subiaco Oval a few years ago and apparently the leading candidate was Crazy John's mobile phones. Not suprisingly, there was a backlash.:)

Having 'This is Anfield' on the player's tunnel replaced by 'This is Crazy John's Stadium' or 'This is Burger King, home of the Whopper Stadium' would cheapen our history just a tad.

As long as it isn't something really naff. The W.A Football Commission tried renaming Subiaco Oval a few years ago and apparently the leading candidate was Crazy John's mobile phones. Not suprisingly, there was a backlash.:)

Having 'This is Anfield' on the player's tunnel replaced by 'This is Crazy John's Stadium' or 'This is Burger King, home of the Whopper Stadium' would cheapen our history just a tad.

Well the new stadium won't be called Anfield anyway so we're going to automatically lose that effect when we eventually move.

Whatever they end up calling it they should havea sign above the tunnel saying 'This is New Anfield'.

Knee injury for Torres according to the Setanta commentary. Precautionary more than anything, I think.

Mind you, what we're saving him for this season, I don't know. We're 13 minutes away from a new embarrassing low. And we entirely deserve to be trailing.

I loathe stadiums being given corporate names, but as it's a new stadium it wouldn't be as bad as renaming a stadium with an established name.

It wouldn't bother me if COMS had a sponsors name (depending on the sponser, I prefer a joint deal between French Connection UK and Manchester University - FCUK MAN U).

Would have hated Maine Rd to be anything other than Maine Rd though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The booing is insane. You never hear that at Anfield.

I'm actually happy they're giving it to Rafa & the team. Piss poor effort.

Should've hailed stuff down on the pitch as well.

None of those ***** that were on at the end are fit to wear the shirt.

The booing is insane. You never hear that at Anfield.

I'm actually happy they're giving it to Rafa & the team. Piss poor effort.

Rightly deserved unfortunately, this season seems to have been one long slumber from which we haven't emerged

Outplayed in both games - disgraceful.

Had to go to work after normal time - softish penalty, in that we would not have been awarded that.

Kuyt and Lucas were plain awful. Insua was exposed defensively on numerous occassions.

Pretty much reflects our season thus far.

Reading were top class though, great 2nd goal

Surely Carraghers career is over. Probably the worst starting CB in the EPL atm and by some distance. He was great but im not sure he and Agger are that compatible as a pairing.

Outplayed in both games - disgraceful.

Had to go to work after normal time - softish penalty, in that we would not have been awarded that.

Kuyt and Lucas were plain awful. Insua was exposed defensively on numerous occassions.

Pretty much reflects our season thus far.

Most obvious penalty of the season. Disgraceful play by Yossi

Reading were top class though

No they weren't.

Sure, they ran about a bit - but you expect that from a lower league club coming to Anfield.

But they lacked quality, and any half decent side would have beaten them comfortably.

Unfortunately, we suck fat balls.

Insua was exposed defensively on numerous occassions.

What's new? He's been shocking this season. I agree with the earlier comment that not one of those players out there were fit to wear the shirt. Shocking, shocking, shocking.

Who is the f*** that gave Rafa a 5 year contract? That's a bigger f*** up than Rafa's coaching ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back