The BigFooty Liverpool Army - Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were better off locking part 9 and never making part 10, put us out of our misery.

Aquillaini clearly has groin soreness, runs up and down the lines and he tells Rafa how hes feeling. If hes okay he gets his 20 mins if he isnt he warms the pine. Not like Rafa has him keeping a star of his sub bench by taking that chance. Will play on Wednesday i say and thatll decide if he needs surgery or not

It was a poor game. I have never seen such a boring first half in football in my life. The a-league is more entertaining purely for comical errors.

It is as obvious as dogs balls that we lack flair and creativity without Xabi and when Torres isn't on the pitch. Yossi tries hard but doesn't have the support around him. Yossi plays the best when he has Torres and Gerrard to link up with.

A few of the positives are that our defence is standing firm and agger has strung a few games together (fingers crossed).

I watched the fulham sunderland game last night and I would love to see Dempsey in a liverpool shirt. IMO he is very underated. He is quick and works his ass off and his first touches last night were absolute quality. I don't think I saw him give possession away and his work in close with subtle touches was amazing. He would link up nicely with torres, gerrard, yossi and aquilani and I also think his game would step up another notch with that quality around him.

Sign him RAFA. He is the good kind of American, tap into that market.

It was a poor game. I have never seen such a boring first half in football in my life. The a-league is more entertaining purely for comical errors.

It is as obvious as dogs balls that we lack flair and creativity without Xabi and when Torres isn't on the pitch. Yossi tries hard but doesn't have the support around him. Yossi plays the best when he has Torres and Gerrard to link up with.

A few of the positives are that our defence is standing firm and agger has strung a few games together (fingers crossed).

I watched the fulham sunderland game last night and I would love to see Dempsey in a liverpool shirt. IMO he is very underated. He is quick and works his ass off and his first touches last night were absolute quality. I don't think I saw him give possession away and his work in close with subtle touches was amazing. He would link up nicely with torres, gerrard, yossi and aquilani and I also think his game would step up another notch with that quality around him.

Sign him RAFA. He is the good kind of American, tap into that market.

Got 15 mill. Thatd be Dempseys worth

^ I'd definitly take that. Ryan is never going to deliver in a red shirt.

As shambolic as the game on the w/e was, geez had N'Gog hitthe ball 3 inches lower we astoundingly would have won.

It's getting to the point now where we can forget Champions League and are in a battle for a Europa League spot for next season :(

He'd offer $10m cash :p

Or give them Babel + cash for Dempsey. I can see fulham taking that.

The idea Babel is worth 9 mill is insane (well so say the papers). Id go with 5.

Times come to consider selling Mascherano. DCM is easier to replace than a Agger or Torres and if ya need the money than ya gotta get it somehow. Maybe include Yaya in any deal

The idea Babel is worth 9 mill is insane (well so say the papers). Id go with 5.

Times come to consider selling Mascherano. DCM is easier to replace than a Agger or Torres and if ya need the money than ya gotta get it somehow. Maybe include Yaya in any deal

What scares me the most is that if we sold Mascherano, then Lucas will become a permanent fixture as the DCM.

I agree babel is not worth 9 mil, but he has perceived value as other clubs may think he is quality but hasn't been given a chance and/or his head is not in the right place to achieve full potential.. Well I hope so anyway ;)

Talk on the liverpool website that contract discussions with Mash are taking place. However it is preliminary so I wouldn't read too much into it.

What scares me the most is that if we sold Mascherano, then Lucas will become a permanent fixture as the DCM.

I agree babel is not worth 9 mil, but he has perceived value as other clubs may think he is quality but hasn't been given a chance and/or his head is not in the right place to achieve full potential.. Well I hope so anyway ;)

Talk on the liverpool website that contract discussions with Mash are taking place. However it is preliminary so I wouldn't read too much into it.

Which smacks of increase that bid to me....

Which smacks of increase that bid to me....

I don't remember what we are paying him. Is it his current contract where he is on fcvk all? Or did we revise that initial offer? I do remember him being on peanuts (not salted though, we can't afford that).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'd offer $10m cash :p

Or give them Babel + cash for Dempsey. I can see fulham taking that.
Just offering Babel and Lucas should get him across. I dont think i can stand to watch another game featuring Lucas in a red shirt so the sooner he goes the better off i will feel

Masch deserves 60 or 70k a week though. He is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and has returned to form recently. He is an absolute monster who destroys everything when on song.

As for Dempsey?? Seriously? He is so, so average. We already have an upgraded version of Dempsey, Dirk Kuyt.

As for the Blackburn game, what a pile of rubbish. We had our first shot on goal in the 57th minute. That's ****ing atrocious. 4-2-3-1 works with Torres and Gerrard. If Torres is out, we need to move to 4-4-2 and use Gerrard in central midfield with Masch. That way Gerrard is involved more and his creativity and drive pushes the team on. Two up front with Kuyt and N'Gog wouldnt be horrible and against teams like Blackburn and without Torres, this is what should be done.

I know everybody hates NEZ but you gotta be fair to the lad, when he came on, he was the most creative player on the pitch. Hugged the sideline and was prepared to run at defenders and try to make something happen. I think he is very average and obviously not good enough to play for us but when he came on, he did more in 10 minutes than Riera did the entire game.

Arsenal becomes a huge game now. At home, hopefully Torres is back. It's a must win to stay in touch with Villa, Spurs and City for 4th place.

This season is a nightmare.

Masch deserves 60 or 70k a week though. He is one of the best defensive midfielders in the world and has returned to form recently. He is an absolute monster who destroys everything when on song.

As for Dempsey?? Seriously? He is so, so average. We already have an upgraded version of Dempsey, Dirk Kuyt.

As for the Blackburn game, what a pile of rubbish. We had our first shot on goal in the 57th minute. That's ****ing atrocious. 4-2-3-1 works with Torres and Gerrard. If Torres is out, we need to move to 4-4-2 and use Gerrard in central midfield with Masch. That way Gerrard is involved more and his creativity and drive pushes the team on. Two up front with Kuyt and N'Gog wouldnt be horrible and against teams like Blackburn and without Torres, this is what should be done.

I know everybody hates NEZ but you gotta be fair to the lad, when he came on, he was the most creative player on the pitch. Hugged the sideline and was prepared to run at defenders and try to make something happen. I think he is very average and obviously not good enough to play for us but when he came on, he did more in 10 minutes than Riera did the entire game.

Arsenal becomes a huge game now. At home, hopefully Torres is back. It's a must win to stay in touch with Villa, Spurs and City for 4th place.

This season is a nightmare.
Cant agree at all with your thoughts on Masch. He is nothing more than an honest trier but thats where it ends there. For a holding midfielder he gets pushed off the ball far too easily and hasnt got the strength required to play that role. His skills arnt the greatest either as he turns the ball over too often and hasnt got a left foot or if he has he very rarely uses it.
I would definately consider him as trade bait for the Jan transfer window

Mascherano is an interesting one. For a snapshot as to his importance, see how, in his absence, we got overrun in the midfield against Chelsea at Anfield in the quarter-final of last season's Champions League. He does break up a lot of play for us which is crucial. Nearly all the top teams worldwide possess quality defensive midfielders in the Mascherano mould.

On the other hand, he is somewhat limited offensively, as he is not a great passer of the ball (though he is not terrible either) and rarely gets into scoring positions. He also lacks that powerful build and stature and heading ability which would make him a threat from free-kicks, corners etc.

I would like to see how he goes playing in the middle with Aquilani (if he ever plays). Alonso and Mascherano complemented each other very well as they were both nominally defensive midfielders but actually couldn't have been more different: Alonso the deep-lying distributor and Mascherano the destroyer. Aquilani from reports is apparently more "offensive" and mobile than Alonso which would probably heighten the importance of Mascherano.

Given the choice I would rather keep him than sell him.

are people gonna get up to watch it? i'm on uni holidays, won't have work thursday, yet dunno if there's a point. it'd be worth it to see aquilani start, but other than that i imagine we'll field a second rate side and with nothing on riding on the game will be quite unexciting

are they even showing it live?

cant imagine it being the preferred match with other groups still open.

as for masch you cant doubt that he is one of the top defensive midfielders. id say de rossi and essien are the only two players clearly ahead of him. everyone is saying his passing is poor, but you are only pointing that our because we are missing alonso and therefore are expecting him to be a play maker and a defensive mid.

It's not on SBS and watching on the net is a pain in the ass.

I haven't watched a Liverpool game since Man City - really pissed off with the team

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez will hand Italian midfielder Alberto Aquilani his full debut against Fiorentina in Wednesday's Champions League Group E clash at Anfield.

Aquilani was signed from AS Roma in the summer to replace Real Madrid-bound playmaker Xabi Alonso but still required time to recover from knee surgery and has made just three short substitute appearances for Liverpool.

Despite Liverpool's poor start to the season Benitez resisted the urge to rush back Aquilani and is certain he made the right decision.

Benitez said. "We decided we couldn't take any risks with him. It wouldn't have been good for him or us. We wanted to protect him and give him the best opportunity to play well. Hopefully Wednesday will be the day.

"He has quality, good vision and is dynamic. It is a question of match fitness, but I think we will see some of these things against Fiorentina. If he can carry on training properly and play some games, we will see his quality.

"He is a player with experience at international level, which is important, but he is in a new country with different teammates, so he has to settle down and will need time."

Striker Fernando Torres will be back following his groin injury, but will start the match on the bench. Second-choice keeper Diego Cavalieri is also expected to play, with Jose Reina being rested.

Dirk Kuyt could sit out the match with Benitez confirming that several squad players will get a run-out. Reserve striker Daniel Pacheco is likely to be involved at some stage.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=710126&sec=uefachampionsleague&cc=3436

Sounds good, nice to see Rafa will throw some younger players in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back