The BigFooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahoud fits perfectly in Klopp's style.
But we won't get him, all other big clubs will go after him.

I'd say we're a chance if we're flying come January, look like for Champs league and there's a bit of buzz around Klopp. Also if we go in massive (which we can do with the negative bet spend) and have a bit of luck. You know it's going to be tough with City linked etc. Hopefully we go in early and all out and get a bit of luck. Would definitely give that bit of precision to midfield we don't really have now.

Where would Dahoud play? The Henderson role or the Wijnaldum role? Or would the formation change?

Assuming we continue with a 3 man midfield like this:

---LCM--RCM---
------CDM------

It looks as though the plan is for 1 of Henderson or Can sit at the base of the midfield in the #6/CDM role, and I'd imagine Dahoud would compete with Wijnaldum and Grujic for the #8/box to box role with Lallana or Coutinho occupying the other, more attacking role in the 3. We're quite fortunate in that all of those players are capable of playing 2-3 positions though.

Henderson (CDM, CM, RM)
Can (CDM, CM, CB, RB, LB)
Dahoud (CDM, CM, AM)
Grujic (CDM, CM, AM)
Wijnaldum (CM, AM, RW, LW)
Lallana (CM, AM, RW, LW)
Coutinho (AM, LW)

Media and 'ITK' buzz seems to be that we have had scouts at every game watching Dahoud this season, and that we will definitely be making an offer for him in January - supposedly around the 25m mark but I wouldn't be surprised if it took more than that.

Last edited:

---RCM--LCM---
------CDM------

It looks as though the plan is for 1 of Henderson or Can sit at the base of the midfield in the #6/CDM role, and I'd imagine Dahoud would compete with Wijnaldum and Grujic for the #8/box to box role with Lallana or Coutinho occupying the other, more attacking role in the 3. We're quite fortunate in that all of those players are capable of playing 2-3 positions though.

Henderson (CDM, CM, RM)
Dahoud (CDM, CM, AM)
Grujic (CDM, CM, AM)
Lallana (CM, AM, RW, LW)
Coutinho (AM, LW)

Media and 'ITK' buzz seems to be that we have had scouts at every game watching Dahoud this season, and that we will definitely be making an offer for him in January - supposedly around the 25m mark but I wouldn't be surprised if it took more than that.

Think if we got Dahoud he'd be a starter and Wij would be a kind of utility forward/ mid. Still think chances are pretty slim - reports last summer were that PSG had put in an offer and there was interest from a top four English club on top of which his stocks are rising. The thing that amazes with him is that he's only 20! and he's just absolutely polished. Same age as a Grujic - will be interesting to see how Klopp brings him on as well. Even at the moment Grujic is getting limited game time, only trickier if Dahoud came in.

With that list above, it's interesting how Klopp has really found everyone a role. You saw that in that interview, he was really looking at a way to play all those creative players and then got Mane in as something different. Just remember how the squad felt under Rodgers, just good players everywhere but not didn't seem to fit as a team.

In the commentary for the Real/ Dortmund match Foster was loving Tuchel like he was some kind of master coach and said Dortmund were no longer 'just pressing/ counter attacking' - really think that that's a) premature on Tuchel who hasn't won anything and b) selling short what Klopp did there and the kind of game he's got Liverpool playing, where they're really dominating possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The gripe about Jurg when he took over was he can't play possession football, yet we've played mainly possession football under him

He's a pretty young manager and still evolving his style, I think he's tipping his style towards more of a Pep Barcelona possession/pressing style with a dose of old Dortmund style counterattack, which is what we're playing atm

For those of you that have Optus, Thursday Football is pretty much a special on Liverpool and Klopp. Luis Garcia is on and it's very similar to what was covered with Carra and Jurgen the other night. The most interesting/brilliant thing I heard Jurgen talk about was how it's not so much a system in 4-4-2, 4-3-3 but more how players need to operate when in certain positions, Cout can be on the left/right, same with Mane/Hendo/Firm and everyone needs to know what they need to do when they're in that part of the pitch. Also to let the opposition take that easy pass then BANG when the time is right, be smart in how you press not just press every time a player is on the ball.

I know a lot of people want to bring in quality players but I'm really confident that this team could win a title, doesn't mean we will but more that I think the players we currently have, have adapted to the style and the only person I think that it hasn't improved (individually) is Sturridge.

Game was boss. IIRC it was after this game Stevie had his 'altercation' with a DJ.

Was a cracking game. We could have had 12 that day. Given was in god mode and I thought for a while that it was just gonna be one of those days. In the end we smashed them.

Also I like Matip so far, Lovren has improved immeasurably under Klopp. Ragnar looks a decent buy and even though Sakho has been banished, I really rate him. But boy what I wouldnt give for a 20 year Sami Hyypia in the squad now.

Origi may miss the Swansea game, minor knock to foot.

Also Klopp said that Sakho will get his chance if he works hard. Hopefully Sakho is on the right path now.
Would love to see him work hard, put in the effort and at least make it back into the squad for League and FA Cup games.

---LCM--RCM---
------CDM------

Henderson (CDM, CM, RM)
Dahoud (CDM, CM, AM)
Grujic (CDM, CM, AM)
Lallana (CM, AM, RW, LW)
Coutinho (AM, LW)

I cant help but wonder if we have moved on from Dahoud now. Wijnaldum was bought for 25 million. Perhaps he was the alternative as it became clear that we couldnt get Dahoud. Rumours are we are still tracking him but having said that it would almost be overkill now.

I think a couple of things have happened which make Dahoud less and less likely. Lallana has moved into midfield and is prospering and Henderson has moved back to that #6 role and is also excelling.

As you have listed there that is Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Grujic and Lucas vying for those three midfield spots with Coutinho more in the front three. That's already six players for three spots. If Dahoud comes in, where does that leave the 25 million Wijnaldum?

Im not saying I dont want him, I'm just not sure where he fits in now. Of course he can play anywhere in that midfield three but Henderson is excelling and we know Klopp loves Can also. Lallana is playing extremely well and we know Klopp loves Lallana. Then there is Wij who we just spent 25 mill on.

I guess having too many good players is a great problem to have though right.

Wouldnt it be great is we somehow brought in Dahoud and Pulisic. :D

Also speaking of Dahoud, he has been named in the 40 man final list for the Golden Boy award. But how about an actual Liverpool player as Marko Grujic has also made it onto the list. Also surprised that Divock Origi somehow hasnt made the list. :drunk:

Here is the list. My winner in bold.

Dele Alli (Tottenham), Marco Asensio (Real Madrid), Leon Bailey (Genk), Riechedly Bazoer (Ajax), Gabriel Boschilia (Monaco), Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Carlos Fernandez (Sevilla), Andreas Christensen (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich), Ante Coric (Dinamo Zagreb), Amadou Diawara (Napoli), Mahmoud Dahoud (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Danilo Barbosa (Benfica), Moussa Dembélé (Celtic), Ousmane Dembélé (Dortmund), Gianluigi Donnarumma (Milan), Breel Embolo (Schalke), Gabriel Barbosa (Internazionale), Aleksandr Golovin (CSKA Moscow), Goncalo Guedes (Benfica), Demarai Gray (Leicester), Marko Grujic (Liverpool), Alen Halilovic (Hamburg), Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City), Alex Iwobi (Arsenal), Viktor Kovalenko (Shakhtar Donetsk), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Lucas Hernández (Atlético Madrid), Emanuel Mammana (Lyon), Nathan (Vitesse), Olivier Ntcham (Genoa), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Renato Sanches (Bayern Munich), Jairo Riedewald (Ajax), Rúben Neves (Porto), Tonny Sanabria (Real Betis), Leroy Sané (Manchester City), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen), Youri Tielemans (Anderlecht), Almamy Touré (Monaco)

Would love to see him work hard, put in the effort and at least make it back into the squad for League and FA Cup games.
If we could have Sakho and Klavan as backups with Ilori developing in the U23s that be pretty good.

Would probs mean Lucas spends more time as a backup mid with Wijanldum-Hendo-Lallana as our starters Can-Lucas-Grujic as backups and plenty of young depth in Stewart, Ejaria, Chirivella, Brannagan.

That quality and depth is good enough to be a top 4 side, Just need to be more consistent. Hope that Burnley game was just an outlier.

If we could have Sakho and Klavan as backups with Ilori developing in the U23s that be pretty good.

Would probs mean Lucas spends more time as a backup mid with Wijanldum-Hendo-Lallana as our starters Can-Lucas-Grujic as backups and plenty of young depth in Stewart, Ejaria, Chirivella, Brannagan.

That quality and depth is good enough to be a top 4 side, Just need to be more consistent. Hope that Burnley game was just an outlier.
Consistency is the key. We've always had sides good enough to beat the best. Even in years when we have finished 7th or 8th. We regularly beat a City or Chelsea, then lose to Watford and Hull and the like.

Hopefully under Klopp we can find that. We need more time to find out if that Burnley result was an aberration or just a continuation of our s**t consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back