The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have the balls to apologize to Bobby.

I think that's reasonable. Mud sticks and regardless of whether it was proven or not it's a very damaging allegation to make. You can see the media already running with headlines like 'Firmino escapes punishment' insinuating that he did the wrong thing and was just lucky to get away with it.

If he wants to, Holgate can do a lot to clear up any ambiguity by putting his hands up and saying I was mistaken / I mistranslated and didn't hear anything racist come from Firmino's mouth, but I doubt that will happen because for the investigation to go on this long Holgate either a) truly believes he heard Firmino say something racist, or b) he's committed so fully to this story to escape a red card that to backpedal now would damage his reputation. Either way I think Firmino and his family will just have to wear this one.

He probably heard something else in the heat of the moment. Given racism in football well and truly still exists on and off the pitch it wouldn't be unreasonable to mishear a racist remark from an opposition player.

I will happily give Holgate the benefit of the doubt. It just wouldn't be worth making up something as serious as racial abuse.

jod, why do you bother with the main football board. I barely read it let alone post there anymore because it's full of idiots and I remember it being like that even from when I first registered. I only visit this thread.

jod, why do you bother with the main football board. I barely read it let alone post there anymore because it's full of idiots and I remember it being like that even from when I first registered. I only visit this thread.
I like to talk football but yeah there is one idiot in particular I have no time for anymore. I've never put anyone on ignore in my time on BF. Might be time for a first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season's home kit is outstanding. One of the greatest.
Absolutely!! On a side note when i wear the top, when going to the shopping centre for example, it's amazing how often people will acknowledge me as i walk by, or if in a shop, actually come up to me and refer to the last game, or the next game coming up. It's not a chick magnet though.:(

I think that's reasonable. Mud sticks and regardless of whether it was proven or not it's a very damaging allegation to make. You can see the media already running with headlines like 'Firmino escapes punishment' insinuating that he did the wrong thing and was just lucky to get away with it.

If he wants to, Holgate can do a lot to clear up any ambiguity by putting his hands up and saying I was mistaken / I mistranslated and didn't hear anything racist come from Firmino's mouth, but I doubt that will happen because for the investigation to go on this long Holgate either a) truly believes he heard Firmino say something racist, or b) he's committed so fully to this story to escape a red card that to backpedal now would damage his reputation. Either way I think Firmino and his family will just have to wear this one.
I’ll take option b)

I'm surprised it's so popular tbh. Looks like a Man U top with the white collar and cuffs. Not a fan. The florescent away top though...
White trim, collar, cuffs have featured very very heavily in Liverpool kits particularly in the golden era of the 70s and 80s

The FA should have concluded with an unambiguously worded conclusion along the lines of " Mr Firmino is completely exonerated " etc etc. It required a clear unequivocal statement. No the FA took their usual mealy mouthed approach for fear of upsetting Holgate or whatever other reason they may have had. Their pissweak statement is up for interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back