The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Origi, he seems like a good lad and I was happy for him to score that last minute winner. But then you give him a start and he was completely ineffectual. Couldnt hold up the ball, link play, wasnt getting in behind, had no shots on target. He just isnt good enough.
Origi was a better player before he got injured. Not sure he will ever get back to that level but he needs to play plenty of games to have any chance, whether he gets that at Liverpool remains to be seen

Did you hear Dyche in the after match interview? Said straight out i wanted my players to make the challenges, which is a euphemism for "i wanted my players to go at their players, because i knew the ref will do f%@k all about it".

I can see why people call him the ginge mourinho coz he's as much of a campaigner. Jurg should've slapped him when he was ranting at him post game

Stupidly spoiled the result for myself so I have only watched the highlights. Seems like I did myself a favour.

I have no idea how the Burnley goal stood. Not only was Wood (IIRC) offside, but the ball was also kicked out of Alisson's hands.

Hopefully that is the goal Bobby needs for his confidence and form.

Last edited:
I like Origi, he seems like a good lad and I was happy for him to score that last minute winner. But then you give him a start and he was completely ineffectual. Couldnt hold up the ball, link play, wasnt getting in behind, had no shots on target. He just isnt good enough.

Think you're a bit harsh there - he's been back two games, hit the winner in the last and was involved in one of those goals. I remember when we made that euro cup run a few years back he got some good goals. He's got some quality but wont fit in with our current system, need to change the system a bit to work around him.

Why is this still a thing? This is our highest points total after 15 games in the clubs history. This is statistically our best start to a season ever.

Fighting back from 1-0 down away from home with a second string side to win comfortably and remain unbeaten. #beingliverpool

Well said, thought Burnley's pressure was immense early, even had Naby backpedalling. But they were never going to be capable of doing it for 90 minutes, and we were able to bring on two blokes called Salah and Firmino just when they would've been getting very tired. We're a ****ing great team

VVD and Allison are just out and out great signings. We're basically still in sight of City because of them. Without those two we'd have conceded another ten goals and would be slogging it out with Spurs to finish fourth.

Alisson is starting to rival Pepe as my favourite Liverpool goalkeeper ever. It's great to have someone we can finally trust in goals again.

And VVD is probably my favourite Liverpool CB ever already too. He even smells nice.

He did have a good assist. But see what you mean. Didn't so much else. Still Hope he makes it.

Allison's been pulling a De Gea for a good few weeks now, what a brilliant keeper
I like this picture. Moments after he starts the counter for us to get our 3rd.
DtvE73qWwAcGGKy.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody Christmas stretch :mad:
One thing we know is that Lovren missed the last game with a minor injury but when fit he can only play once a week. So when we play twice or 3 times a week, Matip needs to be fit.

Also Clyne has a minor injury so Arnold is at risk of being over-worked, unless we decide to slot Fabinho at RB.

Fracture is better than ligaments, if anyone is looking for the glass half full :think:

If we can get through our absolute dogsh*t xmas fixture then it's game on.

Origi was a better player before he got injured. Not sure he will ever get back to that level but he needs to play plenty of games to have any chance, whether he gets that at Liverpool remains to be seen
Yeah well that's the problem. He wont get those games here. He is obviously behind our front three and then Sturridge is first cab off the rank, so he will have to move on if he wants to play I think.

Stupidly spoiled the result for myself so I have only watched the highlights. Seems like I did myself a favour.

I have no idea how the Burnley goal stood. Not only was Wood (IIRC) offside, but the ball was also kicked out of Alisson's hands.

Hopefully that is the goal Bobby needs for his confidence and form.
VAR you would think will stamp those kind of ones out next year.

Think you're a bit harsh there - he's been back two games, hit the winner in the last and was involved in one of those goals. I remember when we made that euro cup run a few years back he got some good goals. He's got some quality but wont fit in with our current system, need to change the system a bit to work around him.
Oh look, I think he's a good footballer, he's not a dud and will carve out a nice career. He just isnt a top level striker. Liverpool are obviously a top level team. He doesnt fit the way we play either. It's a similar situation to Benteke, good player, wrong fit.

Origi is a more mid table striker.

I like this picture. Moments after he starts the counter for us to get our 3rd.
DtvE73qWwAcGGKy.jpg
Love that, the Burnley players hoping and I feel all the Liverpool players are looking and thinking... Allison has got this. He's a super keeper! A terrible weak spot we have had for years and years and years. I was worried when he made that horror mistake really early in his LFC career.

But he believes in himself so much he just absolutely shrugged it off. He was almost like... sorry lads, I was being a bit of a dickhead, I wont do that again. His confidence knows no bounds and he just didnt let it get to him.

Worth every penny.

Sean Dyche now comes out saying Studge cheated in the game coz he dived, when one of their players actually broke Gomez's leg

For the guy whose tactic the whole night was to kick the shit outta our players, get a set pieces, illegally block VVD from contesting the ball then kick the ball out of Allison's hands with an offside player to score, he sure has some nerve

Hope he gets both barrels of the sack

Last edited:
Origi probably would've done a lot better if he was coming off the bench against Burnley to be honest. Burnley looked up for it for the first hour and I reckon once Milner scored they were a bit stuffed, so he might have been able to take advantage of that. Either that or he was given an extra 5 minutes and he's the one on the end of Van Dijk's pass across goal to score and we'd be saying he done his job. Swings and roundabouts. Bit hard to perform at a peak level when he's barely kicked a ball for us since Funes Mori injured him. It's a busy period over Xmas, I hope we still give him some playing time. FA Cup coming up so I hope he starts there at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back