The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You guys in the west have it made! Especially early in the season those early kick offs (9.30 here in Melbourne) would love to watch a premier league game at 7.30 over dinner before heading out for the night!

Awful news about the Matip injury, we are now on thin ice in terms of CB's. We do have a tough run of matches coming up but we have decent breaks between them. 4 days between Napoli and United, 5 days later Wolves, another 5 days before we play Newcastle, then is our shortest turn around 3 days between that one and Arsenal. Both are home games though. Then another 4-5 days until City away. So although a condensed fixture list it's not as brutal in terms of turn arounds compared to other years. I swear last year and the season before we had a game after a one day break. Let's pray Dejan and Virgil stay fit.

United is never easy, Klopp yet to beat Mourinho since he came across. Gonna be tough, we know the "special one" loves to park a bus it suits him. I'll be happy with a 1-0 with a later winner ala Everton.

The only two teams that I hope we don't draw are Dortmund and Juve, don't think Jurg has had a good recent record against Favre. Juve's just a messy game for many reasons as well, and they can be experienced and play dirty which we don't respond well to

All the others ones are fine, Barca, Real, Bayern all vulnerable this season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fabinho is great!
Too bad Klopp only sees him as a Plan B.

DuUEXRRXcAAupiK.jpg

My team in a 4-2-3-1 formation
Allison
Milner Lovren Virgil Robbo
Hendo Fabinho
Salah Keita Mane
Firmino
I'm assuming TAA is injured and Gini needs a rest. I suspect though that Shaq will probably play. But in my team i would like to see Mo out wide to avoid the bus parkers and Bobby is deffo at his best playing a bit higher causing havoc with his runs and passing ability. Don't like him as the "10".

He's gonna drop Pogba isn't he

Martial's injured, so probably Rashford Lingard Lukaku front 3. Midfield's gonna be the 3 yard dogs in Herrera Fellaini and Matic, back four is Young Bailly Jones and Valencia

We could play Shaq and go 4-2-3-1 but you gotta watch out for the counter too, wouldn't be surprised if Shaq gets held back and Keita Fabinho and one of Henderson and Wijnaldum start. Milner right back's gotta do a job on Rashford

Play Mo centre forward just to get him away from Young, would rather Mo run at Jones

Allison
Hendo Fabinho
Salah Keita Mane
Firmino

I'm assuming TAA is injured and Gini needs a rest. I suspect though that Shaq will probably play. But in my team i would like to see Mo out wide to avoid the bus parkers and Bobby is deffo at his best playing a bit higher causing havoc with his runs and passing ability. Don't like him as the "10".

Assuming Trent is unavailable, then I think you are pretty much spot on with what the team will be. Personally, I would prefer Gini to Hendo but Gini is overdue a rest. If he doesn't get a rest in this game then he should against Wolves on Friday.

Allison
Hendo Fabinho
Salah Keita Mane
Firmino

Normally I like that team but it wouldn't surprise me if Klopp switches some positions around a bit

As Carra discussed with Neville in the clip posted here earlier Young has done really well against Salah in the past when he's come in from the right because he plays as an inverted fullback

I'd play Salah upfront with Mane on the right and Keita in the left. Would also prefer to see Gini start over Henderson

Can't wait for this one I think we'll finally smash the campaigners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back