The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I don't see Pickford as being deliberate - it was careless though and there should be some kind of penalty for doing that to another player and possibly ending their career. Richarlison was deliberate though and his carry on after the incident made it pretty obvious that he's an A grade flog.

It can't be a a coincidence now. Ross Barkley on Henderson, Fuenes Mori on Origi, Pickford on Van Dijk and Richarlison on Thiago. Happening far too often against these thugs to be called a coincidence.

I think we are still capable of winning the league, we just need to be more clinical in attack. Our conversion from shots at goal and shots on target is pretty poor. Villa can put 7 past us yet one of the best front 3 combinations in football can't score more than 4 on a good day. If we start making the most of our opportunities then we will be one of those teams that will concede goals but will score more.

My biggest concern isn't that we won't have VVD back this season, I think we will get by and come the January window we will probably be in the market for a CB, it's that VVD won't be the same player when he comes back, due to lack of confidence in his knee.
Virg did his ACL a coupla seasons before we bought him didn’t he?
Crap day at the office, but still took a point away against the league leaders despite being without (Arguably) our two most important players. Tough from here without Virg but we gotta be above that and there’s enough talent there still to contend.

Virg did his ACL a coupla seasons before we bought him didn’t he?
Crap day at the office, but still took a point away against the league leaders despite being without (Arguably) our two most important players. Tough from here without Virg but we gotta be above that and there’s enough talent there still to contend.

Yep, 8-12 months is the recovery period for this, all depending on how well the operation goes.

Saw the tackle again in slow-mo, Pickford wasn't even looking at the ball, went for the man instead of the ball, pretty pathetic.

It would have been better if it was just upper body to upper body contact, but no he has to go for a sliding leglock tackle to his knee.

Eko9xmBWAAgUoJh

EkpRe43WkAA9wgW

EkoI6aCWMAETyTb

EkoRzYyXUAE90rC

Last edited:
We can still win the league because we've improved our options in midfield (Thiago) and attack (Jota).

But our defence has taken a massive hit and our overall chances have probably been reduced by 50%. Alisson and VVD are our 2 most important players by some distance. It's why we paid the megabucks for them. They've turned us from an entertaining team that won nothing into English, European and World champions.

The January window isn't too far away thanks to the late start to the season and at the very least we need to buy a back up CB.

Definitely need a centre back in January

We need to change our gameplan and go back to trying to win games 1-0 like we did two seasons ago to compensate

I'm still genuinely gutted, got a year of his prime cut out from a thug tackle

Look at the blueshite's expression on his face, that's pure anger. He's taken him out on purpose. I want him banned not to penalise the blueshite but to protect other players from him.

Joe Gomez looks a bit like Dylan Grimes so the Richmond posters here might be onto something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about that Upamecano guy we were linked with, doesn't he have a release clause next year

In theory, if we offer them more than the release clause, would they just take it. Kinda like the Naby deal

2 senior centre backs is unsustainable

Possible, 37m release clause in 2021 off sesson. Try and get him for 50-60m in Jan. Not sure RB would be prepared to sell in Jan though.

Last edited:
I was thinking before the game that if Everton won we should all start screaming NULL AND VOID like so many Blueshite supporters were a few months back.

Terrible news on VVD but not unexpected. If I was Pickford I'd be keeping a low profile around Merseyside for the time being.
I would hire security if I was Pickford.
That was clumsy but it was all man and not ball.

Everyone remember Muscats tackle on Adrain Zahra years ago? Killed the kids career and he never got his speed and agility back.
This is the sort of s**t these tackles can do to knees.
This wasnt a twist and turn injury. It was deliberate contact.

Im ******* fuming. Pickford should see a suspension but the FA needs to get rid of David Coote.
Imagine the rage were all feeling right now. What do you reckon its like on Merseyside? Im surprised violence hasnt broken out.

Last edited:
I just feel really sad for VVD. We are right in the middle of something special with Liverpool and he's a massive part of it and now he has to miss basically a whole year.

No idea where this leaves us. It's a massive out, City probably now the favourites to win the league.

It's gutting too, I just needed 12 months or a little luck and I was sure we could get 20 and get back on our perch and shove it in United's face.

Ugh...

I'm sure we have a few targets at CB we are chasing. I think we were happy to ride out the season with VVD, Matip, Gomez and Fab filling in and then address the situation next summer.

But now with the injury to VVD, the club surely has to accelerate plans and move for a CB in January.

Also lads, no point getting angry and woe is me. Virg is gone for the season, it's done. Now we gotta just get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back