The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Injuries and crap refereeing aside, I thought we played some great football. Some of the interplay in the final third was poetry to watch. Controlled possession and tempo in the middle, and over and over again we cut them to ribbons setting up numerical overloads on their full backs.

Can't remember if I've ever felt so down about a player injury, with the way it happened and the player we're talking about

Such is the stature of Virgil I feel like the only other player I'd be as gutted about getting an ACL is Stevie Gerrard

The scum from other clubs who are celebrating the injury are vile and disgusting but that's in keeping with humanity in 2020

Matip ay?

Got injured in the first game after the re-start, co-incidentally at Goodison. Saturday was his first game back.

Any tall blokes who've ever kicked a soccer ball, please apply to Liverpool FC.

Injuries and crap refereeing aside, I thought we played some great football. Some of the interplay in the final third was poetry to watch. Controlled possession and tempo in the middle, and over and over again we cut them to ribbons setting up numerical overloads on their full backs.

We have to stop giving away leads, we can't defend a goal lead like it was 2017 again

Can't remember if I've ever felt so down about a player injury, with the way it happened and the player we're talking about

Such is the stature of Virgil I feel like the only other player I'd be as gutted about getting an ACL is Stevie Gerrard

The scum from other clubs who are celebrating the injury are vile and disgusting but that's in keeping with humanity in 2020
Yeah it's pretty gutting. He's a massive player for us.

Time to dig in now, gonna be a really tough season to hopefully be successful.

CH8E2jsWEAAzzLo.jpg

Wish he was taller. A complete non-entity in defensive and attacking corners and set pieces.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be an interesting midfield if Matip is unavailable for Ajax...

Adrian - TAA - Gomez - Fabinho - Robbo - Hendo - Gini - Milner - Salah - Firmino - Mane (Bench: Kelleher, Tsimikas, Phillips, Jones, Origi, Minamino, Jota)

Could be an interesting midfield if Matip is unavailable for Ajax...

Adrian - TAA - Gomez - Fabinho - Robbo - Hendo - Gini - Milner - Salah - Firmino - Mane (Bench: Kelleher, Tsimikas, Phillips, Jones, Origi, Minamino, Jota)
An iconic trio.
JS127505825.jpg

View attachment 990112

A question regarding this offside - why is the blue line not drawn through the heel of the Everton defender but from the toe on the ground?

Also what happens if you are wearing a long sleeve jersey? The whole arm surely can be used :D:D:D

The answer to the 1st question is that the bloke in VAR is a Manc and didn't want to disadvantage the club they cast off their rejects off to.

Virg did his ACL a coupla seasons before we bought him didn’t he?
Crap day at the office, but still took a point away against the league leaders despite being without (Arguably) our two most important players. Tough from here without Virg but we gotta be above that and there’s enough talent there still to contend.

Same knee?

I just feel really sad for VVD. We are right in the middle of something special with Liverpool and he's a massive part of it and now he has to miss basically a whole year.

No idea where this leaves us. It's a massive out, City probably now the favourites to win the league.

It's gutting too, I just needed 12 months or a little luck and I was sure we could get 20 and get back on our perch and shove it in United's face.

Ugh...

Have faith mate, even without VVD and Becker we are not a mug side. If common sense by VAR was applied against the blue shite we would have taken all 3 points. Not to be but our schedule to date has all been against top half sides. Our draw will eventually open up. City is not the team it was 2 years ago.

Have faith mate, even without VVD and Becker we are not a mug side. If common sense by VAR was applied against the blue sh*te we would have taken all 3 points. Not to be but our schedule to date has all been against top half sides. Our draw will eventually open up. City is not the team it was 2 years ago.

I have faith that Jurg can pull something off at least until January when we can buy a CB.

Fabinho becomes a CB until January which is a shame for him. Every now and then we'll need either Phillips or Koumetio to step into the breach.

Also lads, no point getting angry and woe is me. Virg is gone for the season, it's done. Now we gotta just get on with it.

For sure, seriously pissed about the other night and VVD injury, but we've got some pretty bloody tidy players left including the best front 3 in the world. No point pulling our skirts over heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back