The Bigfooty Liverpool Army

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kevin De Bruyne has been the best player in the league this season for me. TAA would have to be a shoe in for young player of the year.
If we continue to gap City though and win the league by a huge points total. Breaking records a long the way. Surely the PFA hands out the player of the year to one of our players.

I don't think KDB is having that much of a sensational year to win it.

I agree with Jod's logic - if the margin was closer I'd agree with giving it to KDB, with Liverpool dominating as much as we are though it needs to be a Liverpool player at this stage.

Mane with 19 score involvements is pretty close to KDB's 21 - with Mane leading us to the title I think it should be him based on that.

No idea why media haven't made a big deal out of it. It's a massive achievement if true.

We already have more points than Kenny's entire 2nd season for his 2nd stint (52 points)

We're gonna hit 60 points in January, not long ago that was consistently our season total

Honestly the last season and a half have just been crazy stuff, we won't have a team this good again

We already have more points than Kenny's entire 2nd season for his 2nd stint (52 points)

We're gonna hit 60 points in January, not long ago that was consistently our season total

Honestly the last season and a half have just been crazy stuff, we won't have a team this good again
All of last season I was still of the old mentality that we were "kidding ourselves", were a mid table side and we would somehow find a way to slip up. I just didn't want to believe we'd really changed. Since the Barca 2nd leg my mentality has actually shifted now to expecting us to win every game we're in. I've never felt anything like it supporting the Reds before. I do say it hasn't sunk in yet but that's definitely changing.

I remember Jurg when he first joined the club saying the supporters need to change their thinking - he hasn't been more right about anything I reckon.

We all could be watching the greatest Liverpool side ever. I haven't seen a team so dominant play with so much passion, and always find a way to win.

This game in hand irks me too, I want us to be even further ahead haha.

Man City two years ago?
Good shout

After 20 matchdays

Man City 2017-2018
19W, 1D, 0L - 49 goal difference

Liverpool 2019-2020
19W, 1D, 0L - 35 goal difference

City drew their 21st matchday meaning if we beat Spurs we'll overtake that record too.

We've also been in top spot for more weeks than City at this point in the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All of last season I was still of the old mentality that we were "kidding ourselves", were a mid table side and we would somehow find a way to slip up. I just didn't want to believe we'd really changed. Since the Barca 2nd leg my mentality has actually shifted now to expecting us to win every game we're in. I've never felt anything like it supporting the Reds before. I do say it hasn't sunk in yet but that's definitely changing.

I remember Jurg when he first joined the club saying the supporters need to change their thinking - he hasn't been more right about anything I reckon.

We all could be watching the greatest Liverpool side ever. I haven't seen a team so dominant play with so much passion, and always find a way to win.

This game in hand irks me too, I want us to be even further ahead haha.

What he has done with the club in the space of 4-5 years is nothing short of miraculous

To top it all off, he is just a top top top human being.

I honestly worship the man. We need to build a statue for Kenny first, but he should have a statue at the ground. He is rebuilding the modern Liverpool

I agree with Jod's logic - if the margin was closer I'd agree with giving it to KDB, with Liverpool dominating as much as we are though it needs to be a Liverpool player at this stage.

Mane with 19 score involvements is pretty close to KDB's 21 - with Mane leading us to the title I think it should be him based on that.

There is also the argument that KDB is carrying City whilst Liverpool have half a dozen genuine stars at the top
Of their game.

KDB can have the individual awards - Liverpool can have the trophies 🏆

Good shout

After 20 matchdays

Man City 2017-2018
19W, 1D, 0L - 49 goal difference

Liverpool 2019-2020
19W, 1D, 0L - 35 goal difference

City drew their 21st matchday meaning if we beat Spurs we'll overtake that record too.

We've also been in top spot for more weeks than City at this point in the season.
I'd actually love to beat their points record.

Beating Arsenals Invincibles would be great too. If we're gonna do it. May as well do it right.

I'd actually love to beat their points record.

Beating Arsenals Invincibles would be great too. If we're gonna do it. May as well do it right.
I just can't fathom a 37-1-0 season. Absolutely nuts.

Then again if you told me we'd be 19-1-0 at this point I'd have said the same thing.

If we bring the intensity and world class football every game we are capable of beating any side in the world.

It's more about us and if we show up or not rather than the quality of the opponent IMO.

Some more tidbits from an article on Fox Sports;

Liverpool's 2-1 loss to Manchester City on January 3 last year proved costly to their title ambitions, with Pep Guardiola's side going on to claim the Premier League crown by a single point.

But it also turned out to be the start of something special. Since that night at the Etihad Stadium, Liverpool have gone 37 Premier League games without defeat. The 2-0 win over Sheffield United at Anfield on Thursday made it a full calendar year unbeaten for Jurgen Klopp's side.

The numbers behind Liverpool's unbeaten run are extraordinary.

Klopp's men have won 32 of the 37 games, taking 101 points from a possible 111. It's seven more than Manchester City have managed in the same time-frame despite playing a game more.

Liverpool have averaged 2.7 points per game during the run and scored 89 goals. Their shut-out against the Blades was their 16th clean sheet of the calendar year.

Liverpool still have 12 games to navigate before equalling Arsenal's record-breaking 49-game unbeaten run between 2003 and 2004, but they are already closing in on Chelsea's run of 40 games undefeated under Jose Mourinho between 2004 and 2005.

The victory over Sheffield United extended Liverpool's current winning streak to 11 games. Before the 1-1 draw with Manchester United in October, they won 17 games in a row - the second-longest winning run in Premier League history after Manchester City's 18-game run in 2017.

The Reds are in fact averaging more points per game than the Invincibles. They are scoring more goals and conceding fewer.

There is the small matter of a Merseyside derby against a resurgent Everton in March, and even if they make it through the next 11 games without losing, they will need to avoid defeat against - you guessed it - Manchester City at the Etihad Stadium in April in order to make it to 49.

So we're finally in a position to win the league and Trump will start WWIII and the competition will be suspended

GE2z5wY.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back