The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get the feeling that Mbappe may be a little different in his aspirations? Surely his management team know he can't get from Liverpool what he can get financially from Real Madrid or PSG.

I just think the kid has other priorities, or perhaps he thinks a stint at Anfield before leaving for money at around age 27 would be perfect for him.

I don't think he's going to get 300k per week from us, let alone 400k. Surely he knows that, still the chatter persists.

Does anyone else get the feeling that Mbappe may be a little different in his aspirations? Surely his management team know he can't get from Liverpool what he can get financially from Real Madrid or PSG.

I just think the kid has other priorities, or perhaps he thinks a stint at Anfield before leaving for money at around age 27 would be perfect for him.

I don't think he's going to get 300k per week from us, let alone 400k. Surely he knows that, still the chatter persists.

One thing that is certain is money isn't the main driving factor for Mbappe. PSG have been trying to get him to sign a new contract for years to protect his value, putting 700k/week on the table. Yet he reportedly has no interest in signing a new deal with PSG. You can understand that, he is going into his peak years and spending them in Ligue 1 would be a waste no matter how much money is on the table. He can always return to PSG in 10 years and collect a huge pay cheque anyway.

Zidane has pull with him at Real but who knows how long he will be at Real for, sounds like he is over the circus there. I think we could do 300k / week if the transfer fee was reasonable considering he is heading into the last year of his contract.

Zidane has pull with him at Real but who knows how long he will be at Real for, sounds like he is over the circus there. I think we could do 300k / week if the transfer fee was reasonable considering he is heading into the last year of his contract.
That will still upset the apple cart. You're giving him 100k more a week than Mo for example who and I havent checked this but who has probably scored more goals than him over the past 3 or so years.

Unless he wants to come and be in line with our other top earners I cant see it happening. Our top earners are on around 200k and that's a massive pay cut for Mbappe, just no way he ends up here.

That will still upset the apple cart. You're giving him 100k more a week than Mo for example who and I havent checked this but who has probably scored more goals than him over the past 3 or so years.

Unless he wants to come and be in line with our other top earners I cant see it happening. Our top earners are on around 200k and that's a massive pay cut for Mbappe, just no way he ends up here.

If we go from the start of the 2017/2018 season when Mbappe joined PSG and we signed Mo, Mo has 5 more goals but has 32 more appearances.

So Jurg (rightly) criticizes the schedule, yet when he has a legit dead rubber, he plays Fab and Mo

Madness
Yeah not sure what's going on here. Should be Koumetio and Cain instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back