The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After watching Modric and Benzema the other night, I don't think being old is a good enough excuse. Pundits acting like Henderson is pushing 40. His 31 ffs. Milner fine, but he barely starts these days.
Henderson is an entirely different player though. Modric does his thing with class and skill, like Thiago. Henderson does thing with hustle and grunt - both of which are gone.

Not a good performance, but it’s worth remembering this is a Palace side that has also drawn at home against Man U, Newcastle and an in-form Brighton since the start of the year. They’re not very good, but they’re also not easy to play against, especially on their home deck.

There’s a lot of improvement needed, obviously, but I don’t feel it’s all doom and gloom either. If we avoid any more major injuries, I expect us to gradually improve across the final three months of the season as Jota, Firmino, VVD and (eventually) Konate and Diaz build match fitness. And then, whether we’ve qualified for the Champions League or not, it’s time for us to hit the transfer market hard.

I for one am looking forward to the rebuild.

Here's a stat that demonstrates how old and tired the team is;

And the longer the game went on, the less likely Liverpool appeared capable of conjuring up a matchwinner. Remarkably, Stefan Bajcetic is the only Reds player to score after the 50th minute in any of their last 14 league games when netting late on at Aston Villa on Boxing Day. Klopp's side just aren't lasting the distance these days.

Thought we fixed our away form.
Just so inconsistent arent we. Almost feels like if we finish top 4 we are going to gas everyone and have a woeful 2024.

Squad needs investment and replenishment. FSG are going to set us back stupidly because of the lack of investment in midfield in 2021-22.

Henderson is an entirely different player though. Modric does his thing with class and skill, like Thiago. Henderson does thing with hustle and grunt - both of which are gone.
This. Thiago and blokes like Modric age really well cos they have extreme tekkers. Hendo has always gotten the best out of himself but he's always been a typical English huff and puff player but once the legs are gone, he offers little after that.

He has to stay though to make sure we somehow get Bellingham over the line which is looking more and more remote by the day though to be fair.

Think it's time to pull the pin this season. Accept it isn't going to go our way and prepare for project rebuild.

At least I can save $40 / month cancelling Stan / Optus Sport!
Fair weather is not for me.

I will still be watching every minute, supporting Jurg and the lads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting stories floating around (probably no credibility at all but interesting none the less). Liverpool thinking of selling Thiago and Salah might leave if no CL.

If I am honest I would be ok with both of these. Salah has been great but he needs a good team and Liverpool need the cash. Cannot imagine Thiago is worth much but a rebuild is a rebuild and Liverpool need youth.

It is going to be an interesting off-season :think:

Cant say I'd be a fan of selling the only midfielder on the books that is actually CL quality.

Salah can understand. Probably ******* FSG's way of paying for any new signings. God forbid they throw some money at the squad like all our rivals.

I think both those rumours are pretty stupid if im honest.

Our midfield is a mess so the solution is to sell the only excellent one we have. Seems stupid to me.

And Salah? Why the long drawn out drama about his contract if we just planned to sell him.

Nothing in either of those I reckon.

I guess to makes sense to sell your best 30+ year old assets to replenish the squad properly, kind of like selling Coutinho to buy core first XI assets at the time. if we are going to have a season without Europe we don't want to be playing a bunch of senior players who have already done it all, we'd want to keep the useful ones and rebuild. the good thing is we have a bunch of pieces already, just need them to get fit enough for sustained Prem football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back