The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, we've scored consisently and heavily all season - lots of 3s and 4s. Suddenly at the most important time we go 180 minutes without scoring. We're built to win if we concede only 1. Salah isn't getting past anyone at the moment, and Klopp keeps starting Nunez above Gakpo when one is going better than the other at the moment.

And we need 3 on Friday morning. Klopp needs to do something to free them up.

Look, we've scored consisently and heavily all season - lots of 3s and 4s. Suddenly at the most important time we go 180 minutes without scoring. We're built to win if we concede only 1. Salah isn't getting past anyone at the moment, and Klopp keeps starting Nunez above Gakpo when one is going better than the other at the moment.

And we need 3 on Friday morning. Klopp needs to do something to free them up.
Honestly would just start Gakpo. He has come on, provide direct style of play. Nunez is running around with this chaotic style. It’s not working

I woke up and saw the score, thinking how did we lose to a lower team at home of all places? Days after getting smashed at home of all places?

To be fair, we were likely never good as we thought. We saved a ridiculous amount of games from losing positions this season. It was inevitable that our luck would run out eventually. That being said, it is important that we do not give up now. Need to focus on winning out, and even though it is unlikely that City will lose any games, stranger things have happened.

A devastating loss at home. Again we had a myriad of chances to score and win the game and somehow they all didnt go in.

Hilarious that Arsenal go and immediately bottle it also.

City wont be knocked off top now.

Really disappointing, I'm just sad we didnt get one more big trophy for Jurg.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know that we’re nearly mourning on here but how did we not score 3 or 4?
Why do sides pull off these ridiculous saves?
Why do we panic on the tap ins?
😩
The last 7 days.. how the **** haven’t we scored 10+.
Man United was easily 5-6 nil.
Palace 2 or 3 nil.

Start Gakpo and Jota instead of Diaz and Nunez for rest of the season

A devastating loss at home. Again we had a myriad of chances to score and win the game and somehow they all didnt go in.

Hilarious that Arsenal go and immediately bottle it also.

City wont be knocked off top now.

Really disappointing, I'm just sad we didnt get one more big trophy for Jurg.
Can’t stand losing another title by 2 points. A long 38 match season and it comes down to just a draw or two being a win.

Sadio used to always come in clutch in these run ins and play his best when the biggest games are up

Whereas I think Darwin and Diaz get too nervous for these bigger moments and their finishing go to shit

Mo also having his traditional form slump after AFCON

Sadio used to always come in clutch in these run ins and play his best when the biggest games are up

Whereas I think Darwin and Diaz get too nervous for these bigger moments and their finishing go to s**t

Mo also having his traditional form slump after AFCON
Too right. For his next contract we have to stipulate that he retires from Internationals. He's 31 now and he's started getting injured. He's already given more than enough to Egypt.

He'll most likely reject that so If a good offer comes in take it.

The last 7 days.. how the * haven’t we scored 10+.
Man United was easily 5-6 nil.
Palace 2 or 3 nil.

Start Gakpo and Jota instead of Diaz and Nunez for rest of the season
One of life’s greatest mysteries. Darwin shits the bed and just thrashes it at the keeper from point blank range.

Darwin isnt the only culprit. How did Jota miss from point blank? The Salah one right at the end with the ridiculous block from the defender. Endo scooping it on to the bar from 2 yards out, Jones clean through one on one and he puts it wide. Just chance after chance after chance spurned.

Only have ourselves to blame.

What's quite weird is that under Klopp we have always shown a reaction and this time we kind of didnt.

Also I've been thinking about how devastated not just me, but I'm sure all you guys feel. It seems to be the same way with the entire fan base. Like we are so close and we've ****ed it up. But I think it goes beyond just that.

I think the reason we're all so gutted is because of the unknown.

If Jurgen Klopp wasnt leaving at the end of the season, I'd still be disappointed to lose last night and in doing so probably thrown away the league title but I'd still be ok because Klopp is the manager. We're ahead of schedule on Liverpool 2.0. We've won a trophy, got CL next season secured, Mac, Szo, Endo, Grav have all been a success. Massive steps forward for a lot of our young players, let's go out and get a couple more great summer signings and reload for next season and go for everything again!

With Jurg in charge, I always felt we can challenge for everything and always had something to look forward to, something to be positive about. Doubters to believers.

But because Klopp is leaving I get the feeling that this was it, this was our last chance at the league for probably a long time, that's why it feels more devastating than usual I think, because the major reason behind all this success is leaving and it's probably all down hill from here. So we wanted that last shining moment before the darkness.

Hence the devastation.

Also I've been thinking about how devastated not just me, but I'm sure all you guys feel. It seems to be the same way with the entire fan base. Like we are so close and we've ****ed it up. But I think it goes beyond just that.

I think the reason we're all so gutted is because of the unknown.

If Jurgen Klopp wasnt leaving at the end of the season, I'd still be disappointed to lose last night and in doing so probably thrown away the league title but I'd still be ok because Klopp is the manager. We're ahead of schedule on Liverpool 2.0. We've won a trophy, got CL next season secured, Mac, Szo, Endo, Grav have all been a success. Massive steps forward for a lot of our young players, let's go out and get a couple more great summer signings and reload for next season and go for everything again!

With Jurg in charge, I always felt we can challenge for everything and always had something to look forward to, something to be positive about. Doubters to believers.

But because Klopp is leaving I get the feeling that this was it, this was our last chance at the league for probably a long time, that's why it feels more devastating than usual I think, because the major reason behind all this success is leaving and it's probably all down hill from here. So we wanted that last shining moment before the darkness.

Hence the devastation.
It’s not over yet. Maybe the new manager can build on Klopps legacy? Time will tell.

The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back