The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It has popped up at least once every week or two for years now. Even when we signed Szoboszlai and Mac close together. Some won't ever be happy unless we sign a Mabappe or alike.

With Chelsea 4 days away and no replacements for Hendo/Fab I can't say I'm surprised that FSGout is trending. That's simply not good enough.

This whole Lavia situation is just embarrassing at this point
Cant remember the name of the new bloke who came in but boy can you notice the change from Edwards/Ward to this new bloke. Before, we would be precise in our targets and move and get it done in a day or two.

Now it looks scattergun with targets and trying to buy anyone is taking weeks. Embarrassing.

Cant remember the name of the new bloke who came in but boy can you notice the change from Edwards/Ward to this new bloke. Before, we would be precise in our targets and move and get it done in a day or two.

Now it looks scattergun with targets and trying to buy anyone is taking weeks. Embarrassing.

Jorg Schmadtke.

To be fair the Mac/Soz deals were done quite quickly. Having said that Mac had an agreement with Brighton where he could go to a big club for 35m and Soz had a 60m buyout clause. So really hard for him to butcher those deals although I do remember some haggling over the buyout payment terms for Soz.

I would say he has handled the Fab/Hendo departures poorly. We absolutely should have secured replacements before letting them go. Or at least one of our replacements. Instead we have nothing and anyone we negotiate with knows we are cashed up and in desperate need of mids.

Jorg Schmadtke.

To be fair the Mac/Soz deals were done quite quickly. Having said that Mac had an agreement with Brighton where he could go to a big club for 35m and Soz had a 60m buyout clause. So really hard for him to butcher those deals although I do remember some haggling over the buyout payment terms for Soz.

I would say he has handled the Fab/Hendo departures poorly. We absolutely should have secured replacements before letting them go. Or at least one of our replacements. Instead we have nothing and anyone we negotiate with knows we are cashed up and in desperate need of mids.
You could argue Hendo and Fab have been replaced with Mac and Soz.

It is Keita, Ox and Milner who have not been replaced and frankly they offered SFA anyway.

Bajcetic is a year older, Jones is a year older, TAA might move to midfield.

People need to relax and see how they go. The window does not close until September 1 and Liverpool play Chelsea this week and as far as I am aware Chelsea have more than a few issues themselves.

Chill everyone.

It is Keita, Ox and Milner who have not been replaced and frankly they offered SFA anyway.

People need to relax and see how they go. The window does not close until September 1 and Liverpool play Chelsea this week and as far as I am aware Chelsea have more than a few issues themselves.

Chill everyone.

They aren't replacements. A #6 is a must.

Bajcetic has been injured for 6 months and only just returned to training. Jones isn't a #6 either. Trent can thrive in the 3-2-2-3 formation but a proper #6 playing alongside him is a must. He had success in that exact role alongside Fab later into the season when we went on a run.

Chill everyone.
And how did we go with Ox, Keita and Milner offering very little? We finished 5th.

The reason we struggled last season was because we didnt address our midfield. It was talked about all season and the rumours were for a massive rebuild in midfield this season starting with Jude Bellingham.

Instead we let 5 midfielders go and bring in 2 and neither were Jude Bellingham.

Chill is not the right move. It's been a ****ing disaster.

Last year our midfield was shite and this season, it's actually gotten worse, just by pure numbers. We dont even have any mid now, nevermind shit ones.

And how did we go with Ox, Keita and Milner offering very little? We finished 5th.

The reason we struggled last season was because we didnt address our midfield. It was talked about all season and the rumours were for a massive rebuild in midfield this season starting with Jude Bellingham.

Instead we let 5 midfielders go and bring in 2 and neither were Jude Bellingham.

Chill is not the right move. It's been a ******* disaster.

Last year our midfield was shite and this season, it's actually gotten worse, just by pure numbers. We dont even have any mid now, nevermind s**t ones.
The two Liverpool have brought in are good though.

And Liverpool did not finish 5th because of what Ox, Keita and Milner did or didn't do. They finished 5th because of what Hendo and Fabinho couldn't do - ie. create goals.

Liverpool's midfield HAS NOT gotten worse - it is much better.

They finished 5th because of what Hendo and Fabinho couldn't do - ie. create goals.

I would say it is more a massive drop off in their defensive work. Opposition teams were able to bypass and play through our midfield a lot easier than they have been able to in the previous few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two Liverpool have brought in are good though.

And Liverpool did not finish 5th because of what Ox, Keita and Milner did or didn't do. They finished 5th because of what Hendo and Fabinho couldn't do - ie. create goals.

Liverpool's midfield HAS NOT gotten worse - it is much better.
I agree the two we have brought in are excellent but it's nowhere near enough.

We didnt finish 5th because of Ox, Keita and Milner sure, but what I do mean is that we didnt address the midfield issue last summer so were forced to roll with those three with the again Fab and Hendo.

So then we get rid of all five and bring in just two.

Our midfield hasnt gotten better for sure. We simply dont have the numbers right now in midfield.

So I didn't really believe the Caicedo stuff but more and more looks legit. Love to have him but at the same time after not going for Bellingham it would be frustrating if we are now OK to pay 100m for someone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back