The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How sad is it that Liverpool have been leapfrogged by Arsenal to no avail- as they’re suckers to the Man City steam train.
****ed.
This Arsenal side is better points wise than the Invincibles. Unfortunately will never be enough now that Pep is in charge

How sad is it that Liverpool have been leapfrogged by Arsenal to no avail- as they’re suckers to the Man City steam train.
****ed.
This Arsenal side is better points wise than the Invincibles. Unfortunately will never be enough now that Pep is in charge

Wins yes - 2003/4 26, 2023/4 27

Points no - 2003/4 90, 2023/4 89 maximum

League champions:

2020/21: Manchester City

2021/22: Manchester City

2022/23: Manchester City

2023/24: Probably Manchester City

This has all happened on FSG’s watch. It is unfolding right before our very eyes and there is nothing we can do about it because of John Henry's reluctance to want to spend big. And if we don’t get serious quick smart, I give it another 10-15 years before Manchester City surpasses Liverpool’s trophy haul, and I include league titles and Champions League titles in that. Again, this will be on FSG’s watch.

The irony is that Liverpool is one of two clubs in the Premier League that can spend big and not worry about FFP because of the legitimate revenue we make, yet we are the one club that does not spend big simply because we have owners that don't want to. What a travesty of justice, honestly. It's like having a L7A2 GPMG, the most powerful machine gun in the world, but using ping pong balls as ammunition. We are not realising our full financial strength and capacity because we have tight ass owners. Unfknblvble and unforgivable.

These owners have let the club down. What a calamity they have become. I have only been banging my head about them for the past four years. Yet there was resistance. “Oh the owners have been wonderful”, you don’t know what you’re talking about bla bla bla”. What utter nonsense. I have been bang on point this whole time. You see this is half the problem, the fanbase. A lot think that FSG have been great. As a result, there is no pressure on the owners to put their hands in their pockets. And if you’re one of those fans and you’re reading this, thanks a lot, you're part of the problem. Yea you are. They’ve got Edwards now so he can keep finding diamonds in the rough on the cheap. I am done with these so-called diamonds in the rough. It doesn’t work in the long run. How much more evidence do people need? We need ready-made superstars who will win you league title after league title, not ****en diamonds in the rough who will improve the team.

Anyone who still thinks the owners have been good for the club are deluded. Their approach may jag a title once in a blue moon if all the cards fall into place, but as the last four years have shown, their approach is not sustainable. It doesn't work in the long run.

The owners can’t keep hanging their hat on 2019 and 2020, ancient history now. Since our league title, we’ve won two League Cups and an FA Cup. ****ing shambolic given the team we had in the 19/20 season. From being champions of Europe and 25 points ahead in the league 4 seasons ago, to this. We had the chance to improve from a position of strength and we bottled it. Wijnaldum, let go because he wanted a pay rise. Mane, let go because he wanted a pay rise. The club tried to gamble with the replacements that came in, Thiago, injury riddled and on the cheap, and Nunez, who cost the club significantly this season because he is utter ****en garbage. No wonder Klopp is exhausted, he was fighting Guardiola with one hand tied behind his back because he was never properly backed.

The rise of Arsenal the past two seasons is no coincidence. They spent big. And whilst they probably won’t win the league this season, Arteta will be looking to improve the squad once more. And if you think Guardiola isn’t going to improve for next season, then you are deluded.

Liverpool FC is a bigger club than Arsenal and City. It is about ****ing time these owners started running Liverpool like the massive club it is because the facts show they have been an utter and complete failure the past 4 years. Liverpool needs players that will put it right in contention for a title, not players who will merely improve the side. You want to own a big club in the Premier League then spend up or **** off.

Would hate to be an international level player. You get no rest.

Season ends, its Euro qualifiers.
Next season ends, you're playing Euro.
Third season ends, time to qualify for the World Cup.
Fourth season, damn you gotta play the World Cup.

No rest at all.

Last edited:
League champions:

2020/21: Manchester City

2021/22: Manchester City

2022/23: Manchester City

2023/24: Probably Manchester City

This has all happened on FSG’s watch. It is unfolding right before our very eyes and there is nothing we can do about it because of John Henry's reluctance to want to spend big. And if we don’t get serious quick smart, I give it another 10-15 years before Manchester City surpasses Liverpool’s trophy haul, and I include league titles and Champions League titles in that. Again, this will be on FSG’s watch.

The irony is that Liverpool is one of two clubs in the Premier League that can spend big and not worry about FFP because of the legitimate revenue we make, yet we are the one club that does not spend big simply because we have owners that don't want to. What a travesty of justice, honestly. It's like having a L7A2 GPMG, the most powerful machine gun in the world, but using ping pong balls as ammunition. We are not realising our full financial strength and capacity because we have tight ass owners. Unfknblvble and unforgivable.

These owners have let the club down. What a calamity they have become. I have only been banging my head about them for the past four years. Yet there was resistance. “Oh the owners have been wonderful”, you don’t know what you’re talking about bla bla bla”. What utter nonsense. I have been bang on point this whole time. You see this is half the problem, the fanbase. A lot think that FSG have been great. As a result, there is no pressure on the owners to put their hands in their pockets. And if you’re one of those fans and you’re reading this, thanks a lot, you're part of the problem. Yea you are. They’ve got Edwards now so he can keep finding diamonds in the rough on the cheap. I am done with these so-called diamonds in the rough. It doesn’t work in the long run. How much more evidence do people need? We need ready-made superstars who will win you league title after league title, not hecken diamonds in the rough who will improve the team.

Anyone who still thinks the owners have been good for the club are deluded. Their approach may jag a title once in a blue moon if all the cards fall into place, but as the last four years have shown, their approach is not sustainable. It doesn't work in the long run.

The owners can’t keep hanging their hat on 2019 and 2020, ancient history now. Since our league title, we’ve won two League Cups and an FA Cup. ******* shambolic given the team we had in the 19/20 season. From being champions of Europe and 25 points ahead in the league 4 seasons ago, to this. We had the chance to improve from a position of strength and we bottled it. Wijnaldum, let go because he wanted a pay rise. Mane, let go because he wanted a pay rise. The club tried to gamble with the replacements that came in, Thiago, injury riddled and on the cheap, and Nunez, who cost the club significantly this season because he is utter hecken garbage. No wonder Klopp is exhausted, he was fighting Guardiola with one hand tied behind his back because he was never properly backed.

The rise of Arsenal the past two seasons is no coincidence. They spent big. And whilst they probably won’t win the league this season, Arteta will be looking to improve the squad once more. And if you think Guardiola isn’t going to improve for next season, then you are deluded.

Liverpool FC is a bigger club than Arsenal and City. It is about ******* time these owners started running Liverpool like the massive club it is because the facts show they have been an utter and complete failure the past 4 years. Liverpool needs players that will put it right in contention for a title, not players who will merely improve the side. You want to own a big club in the Premier League then spend up or heck off.
American owners.
They care more about Boston Red Sox. And look how shit they are in the MLB.

Need new investment. Wouldn’t mind Saudi Arabia as it’ll just propel the club forward and actually compete.

Compare Pep to Klopp. Mentally, it’s so refreshing for Guardiola whereas Klopp has had to fight every ****ing game. He could only have done so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there any chance Man City get found guilty of whatever they did and we get retrospective titles awarded?

about our only chance at silverware really

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Knowing the PL, they will deduct 15 points from the years they won the league by 20, and 1 point in the year they won by a couple. Anything to look like they are punishing them, but they really are not. Or they will just deduct points from a future season, another empty punishment. They don't have the balls to do anything impactful.

Should’ve just went to Saudi Arabia.
What an absolute waste of time he’s been at Liverpool

Is he living in Liverpool or england still? Or is he somewhere else?

Is there any chance Man City get found guilty of whatever they did and we get retrospective titles awarded?

about our only chance at silverware really

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Knowing the PL, they will deduct 15 points from the years they won the league by 20, and 1 point in the year they won by a couple. Anything to look like they are punishing them, but they really are not. Or they will just deduct points from a future season, another empty punishment. They don't have the balls to do anything impactful.

got a feeling Ceb is right. dodgy, like the afl ticking off camerons concussion and steve hocking introducing the stand rule.

3 years ago today.
MIuDPhS.gif

Thiago, what a colossal waste. Hopefully between him and Naby we’ve learnt the lesson on injury prone signings.

You’re probably right but I’m still glad we signed him. Was a total joy to watch when he did play, as good as anyone I’ve seen in a Liverpool shirt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back