The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Matip and Thiago gone, that’s some decent wages off the books.

Need a replacement for Matip of some form, he will be missed.

Thiago, what a colossal waste. Hopefully between him and Naby we’ve learnt the lesson on injury prone signings.
Pity about Thiago. Would've taken us to another level had we been able to keep him on the park; amazing player to watch when fit.

I don't like that. He should just shut up and wait for the club to announce it.
Was he asked officially or unofficially?

I wonder if it was like how we found out Klopp was going to be our manager when Sky News turned up at his home address to ask him, and he said he was going to be our manager through an intercom, lol.

Thiago was just a joy to watch, shame about the injuries but I freaking loved him, an absolute rolls royce of a footballer.

I will miss Joel though! What a player, what a character! He's still easily the best partner for VVD during Klopp's tenure. He was a massive part in all our success over the journey.

Was he asked officially or unofficially?

I wonder if it was like how we found out Klopp was going to be our manager when Sky News turned up at his home address to ask him, and he said he was going to be our manager through an intercom, lol.
Haha, I cannot remember this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owen Beck's loan at Dundee is done. 28 appearances/starts. 2 goals and 4 assists from LB, and in the PFA TOTS.
Also James Balagizi's half season loan at Kilmarnock. 7 sub appearances in midfield.

Last edited:
<24 hours to go until Klopp’s last game for Liverpool.

What an incredible 9 years it’s been.

When he joined the club he made the point that it doesn’t matter what people think when you arrive at a club, it matters what they think when you leave.

So what do I think?

I think I feel proud to be a Liverpool fan again. And there’s so much to be said for that.

I think whether you love us or hate us we’ve regained the respect of the footballing world.

I think he produced the best Liverpool side I’ve ever seen (and I started supporting the club in the mid-80s) and one of the greatest sides English football has ever seen (bettered only by imo the greatest side).

I think he and his players have played the right way and consistently entertained us week in week out.

I think we’ve won everything there is to win.

Honestly, what more could you ask for as a fan.

I’ve been around for long enough to know there are no guarantees, the good times don’t last forever (in football as in life) and this might be as good as it gets for us for a long time.

I hope we give him the send off he deserves tonight. What a bloody legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back