The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Lavia is an interesting one. He's only 9 months older than Bajcetic and IMO not any better. Unless we have designs on Bajcetic playing a more expansive midfield role and not as a number 6 then I guess it makes sense.

But if we believe Bajcetic is a No.6 then Lavia is surely just gonna be in the way.

I thought we would bring in a much more experienced No.6, late 20's to bridge the gap to Bajcetic so the Lavia one if it happens will be interesting. Not sure what to think of it.

Lavia is an interesting one. He's only 9 months older than Bajcetic and IMO not any better. Unless we have designs on Bajcetic playing a more expansive midfield role and not as a number 6 then I guess it makes sense.

But if we believe Bajcetic is a No.6 then Lavia is surely just gonna be in the way.

I thought we would bring in a much more experienced No.6, late 20's to bridge the gap to Bajcetic so the Lavia one if it happens will be interesting. Not sure what to think of it.

I really like the look of Lavia, but are we really banking on at least 1 of Lavia (19) or Bajcetic (18) stepping up to become a regular starter in a title (or even top 4) challenging midfield?

Even I'm not that optimistic! Surely we're also looking at a more established option, with a view to giving plenty of minutes to Lavia/Bajcetic/Elliott to support their development.

I really like the look of Lavia, but are we really banking on at least 1 of Lavia (19) or Bajcetic (18) stepping up to become a regular starter in a title (or even top 4) challenging midfield?

Even I'm not that optimistic! Surely we're also looking at a more established option, with a view to giving plenty of minutes to Lavia/Bajcetic/Elliott to support their development.
Yeah I am actually worried about us defensively. Lavia is inexperienced, and has had one good season to date. But was it an outlier? That is the risk of banking on a such a small sample. Still not sold on our CBs outside Konate and Virgil.

Need another experienced mid 20s player in the middle I reckon.

Yeah I am actually worried about us defensively. Lavia is inexperienced, and has had one good season to date. But was it an outlier? That is the risk of banking on a such a small sample. Still not sold on our CBs outside Konate and Virgil.

Need another experienced mid 20s player in the middle I reckon.

Fabinho stays if another mid isn't found by the look of it.

Time to move Matip on. He is a very good CB but is 32 now and constantly injured. We need a 3rd CB that can push VVD & Konate for a starting berth. Jogo I don't mind as #4th choice.

Read that Fab is joining pre season now. I read that as the club won't let him go until a replacement is lined up.

Thiago & Bajcetic are not in full training yet.

At this stage away v Chelsea I see this as our lineup:

-------------------Ali--------------------

-------Konate----VVD-------Robbo
-----------Trent------Fab-----------
---------Mac----------Soz------------
----Mo------Gakpo------Diaz

Kelleher
Jogo
Matip
Bradley
Kostas
Jones
Lavia
Elliott
Jota
Darwin
Doak

To return: Thiago Bajcetic Morton

We should be able to agree a fee for Lavia eventually, the problem is what happens with Fab. If the Saudis aren't getting him then don't think we should entertaining selling him at all, too late in the window for that

Sounds like we won't let fab go until we lock in a replacement.

The problem with Lavia is the Soton have to pay a sell on fee. They are going to want more than we are probably willing to pay to cover it.

They're in no position to negotiate. They are guaranteed to lose him for 40m next summer plus he does not want to play championship football.

They want 50 we bid 37. Lavia wants the move and has reportedly agreed terms.

This will be done for around 45m.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're in no position to negotiate. They are guaranteed to lose him for 40m next summer plus he does not want to play championship football.

They want 50 we bid 37. Lavia wants the move and has reportedly agreed terms.

This will be done for around 45m.
40 + 5 or something along those lines I feel.

Crazy that Hendo is gone and Fab probably following suit.

I knew even at the start of last season that all of Ox, Keita, Bobby and Milner were gonna leave at the end of the season. None of their contracts had been renewed and really it was probably time for Bobby and Millie and Ox and Keita just couldnt get fit so made sense to let them go.

But even at the end of the season as they all left, I fully expected Fabinho and Henderson to still be with us next season. Both still had two years on their contracts, one the captain of the club and the other, our lighthouse. Both pretty important players to hold s**t together whilst the rebuild in midfield took place.

But now they are gone. It's just crazy.

And the midfield rebuild went from a rebuild to a complete overhaul!!

I'd expect two mids to come in now. Lavia looks likely but then I'd hope for a more experienced midfielder, mid to late 20's would be ideal to bridge that gap for Lavia, Bajcetic, Elliott and to a lesser extent Szo, Mac and Jones. I know we still have Thiago but we need one more experienced old head in the engine room given Thiago's struggles with fitness.

Let's just hope Thiago stays fit and plays 40 games. Would be a dream.

Virg surely our new captain.

Surprised that Hendo has left, but the money and more first team football, along with working with Stevie was too hard to refuse.

Incredible the career he managed when you look at where he was in the Dalglish/Rodgers days. Rodgers was gonna send him to Fulham, until Henderson declined. But what a player he became. The ultimate workhorse clubman clubs die for. Still to this day believe had he not been red carded vs Man City in 13/14, we'd have won the title. Thankyou Captain reliable!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back