The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimately - and I hope I'm proven wrong - 2 draws and a loss to that Manchester United side this season seems to have burst our bubble. Home games against Man City and Arsenal that we should have won too.

There's still time to turn it around, moreso for the league. But it's fair to say this has to be the last poor result for us to achieve anything substantial this season.

It’s like the group were holding on for reinforcements to come back in. Now that reinforcements have started coming back it seems everyone’s just expecting someone else to do it.

Is there room for a last famous European comeback under Klopp?

On the road it would take something special. But that's about all I'm clinging to as far as Europe. Otherwise, let's get knocked out swiftly and put every single egg in the league basket.

Our next few league games are non-negotiable as far as winning: Palace (home), Fulham (away), Everton (away) and West Ham (away). I wouldn't call it an easy run. IF - and it's a big if - we come out unscathed then we're in it up to our eyeballs. Any further points dropped imminently and it really is season over though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there room for a last famous European comeback under Klopp?

On the road it would take something special. But that's about all I'm clinging to as far as Europe. Otherwise, let's get knocked out swiftly and put every single egg in the league basket.

Our next few league games are non-negotiable as far as winning: Palace (home), Fulham (away), Everton (away) and West Ham (away). I wouldn't call it an easy run. IF - and it's a big if - we come out unscathed then we're in it up to our eyeballs. Any further points dropped imminently and it really is season over though.
Time to jettison the Thursday night comp and push the chips all-in on the league…

Honestly haven’t been interested in the Europa League all season. We’ve played in 3 champions league finals in recent years, I just haven’t been able to muster up the enthusiasm for this competition. Didn’t watch the game, sounds like we had a stinker.

Looking forward to Palace on Sunday. Being goal difference from top with 7 games to go is not season over, it’s the complete opposite.

Honestly haven’t been interested in the Europa League all season. We’ve played in 3 champions league finals in recent years, I just haven’t been able to muster up the enthusiasm for this competition. Didn’t watch the game, sounds like we had a stinker.

Looking forward to Palace on Sunday. Being goal difference from top with 7 games to go is not season over, it’s the complete opposite.
Yeah "season over" is absolutely an overreaction. A concerning lapse in momentum is more accurate. We are SO damn leaky at the back (not quantity of chances, but we do give up a few excellent ones each match) and keen to give the ball back to opposition in dangerous situations. That would need to rectified if we are to have a chance at winning the league, we might have 2-3 more points to drop if we are lucky. We need clean sheets or to concede 1. Letting 2, 3, 4 goals in just isn't gonna cut it.

Worst performance of the season. Profligate up front as has been the case for weeks and we continue to be really dodgy down back, I think that's 8 games in a row now where we havent kept a clean sheet.

It will be really tough to turn that around in a weeks time. Be even worse if we do get 3 goals and send it into extra time which we really dont need.

Season right now is officially on life support. We've been in dire form for weeks, only just scraped wins against Brighton and Sheffield United, then we were poor against United and dropped points and now this shocker.

I cant say we're completely out as last time we played Atalanta away, we won 5-0. We are good enough to go there and turn it around but we've made it massively harder on ourselves.

Now we just need to focus on Palace and make sure our league challenge can continue on.

The only positive at all was Jota's return.

We've got out of jail from sloppy first halves and falling behind

Often saving the game via subs giving us a spark or late goals

Not a sustainable way to play. Eventually caught up with us

Need to find that sharp edge quickly

My side vs Palace

Diaz-Gakpo-Salah
Jones-Macca-Elliott
Robertson-VVD-Quansah-Bradley
Alisson

Subs: Kelleher, Konate, Gomez, TAA, Endo, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai, Jota, Nunez
Seems about right but I'd be so tempted to start Jota. We are in dire need of a forward who will finish chances and too many times in the last few weeks have we missed a hatful of chances and then find ourselves 0-1 down.

If Jota can slot one early, calm the nerves, then we find a second, then we're in control. Instead of chasing games. But again he's only just back from injury. But every game is a cup final now, so it's probs time to gamble on Jota.

I'd get TAA back in too. His set piece delivery can be a difference maker too and his all around passing.

Seems about right but I'd be so tempted to start Jota. We are in dire need of a forward who will finish chances and too many times in the last few weeks have we missed a hatful of chances and then find ourselves 0-1 down.

If Jota can slot one early, calm the nerves, then we find a second, then we're in control. Instead of chasing games. But again he's only just back from injury. But every game is a cup final now, so it's probs time to gamble on Jota.

I'd get TAA back in too. His set piece delivery can be a difference maker too and his all around passing.
Klopp said Jota is no chance to play 90, so not sure if that means he plays 60, or has a sub appearance.

Klopp said Jota is no chance to play 90, so not sure if that means he plays 60, or has a sub appearance.
Oh I didnt think 90, just thought I'd gamble and start him to see if we can find some goals. Happy to bring him off after a first half hatty haha.

And yes I'm pinning all my hopes on success this season on Diogo Jota :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back