Strategy The BLUEPRINT ... Myth or Crows-beater?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's like we have a team of Shane Watsons but we need a few more Steve Waughs.
THIS!!!
Yes.
I've mentioned S. Waugh and the concept of mental disintegration in several threads. If only Tugga coached footy *sigh*.

(btw, DM, "want" doesn't have or need an apostrophe, and "we're" is always "we are".

I think that even though the mids are our weakest line it was our forwards that let us down against the Hawks. Gov can't come back soon enough.

Leave Gov, Eddie and JJ in the 50 let Tex and Lynch roam up the ground to distribute have CC and Milera ready to flash through on the turnover.
THIS ^^^^^! JJ and Gov shouldn't move outside the forward 50 and be making leads on different sides of the arc with the likes of Betts, CC and a resting mid following them from behind. (The majority of contested marks that don't get taken usually spill to the rear).
Instead of seeing this what we constantly see is Betts trying to take a screamer over a KPD, JJ lurking at the back of the contest hoping for a "Joe the goose" then when none of that works Otten trying to do do the crumbing only to see a more agile defender run the ball out with ease.
We have the components for an unstoppable forward line but recently it's too disorganised.

Whilst not suggesting we don't have issues, I am glad we are having a slump now in June and not September.

Would like to see some signs we are building to peak in late September though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Would be great if we had a couple of weeks about now where we didn't play any football and figure out exactly how we improve and build towards September.

THIS ^^^^^! JJ and Gov shouldn't move outside the forward 50 and be making leads on different sides of the arc with the likes of Betts, CC and a resting mid following them from behind. (The majority of contested marks that don't get taken usually spill to the rear).
Instead of seeing this what we constantly see is Betts trying to take a screamer over a KPD, JJ lurking at the back of the contest hoping for a "Joe the goose" then when none of that works Otten trying to do do the crumbing only to see a more agile defender run the ball out with ease.
We have the components for an unstoppable forward line but recently it's too disorganised.
Although it has issues, especially with how top heavy and slow it is, the forwards are the least of our worries.

Midfield and Defence are priorities for me.

Although it has issues, especially with how top heavy and slow it is, the forwards are the least of our worries.

Midfield and Defence are priorities for me.
I dunno, not what from what I've noticed recently. With a forward line like ours and deficiencies in the MF we need to be doing all we can to lock the ball in our 50 as much as possible but at the moment to increase our chances of scoring but it tends to leak like a sieve right now. Anyway this is probably the wrong thread to suggest this (I can't remember which one I'm on TBO), Otten has to go and Gov to back in minimum.

Would be great if we had a couple of weeks about now where we didn't play any football and figure out exactly how we improve and build towards September.
LOL
... maybe, say, before the Hawks game, y'know, time to regroup and make some innovative changes? ;)

Whilst not suggesting we don't have issues, I am glad we are having a slump now in June and not September.

heres-what-the-why-dont-we-have-both-girl-looks-l-2-25350-1427494348-1_dblbig.jpg

Any team that deviates from this blueprint is pretty much guaranteed to lose. Teams that do follow the blueprint still need to execute it well like Geelong apparently does. St Kilda tried, but failed.

I would like to see every team we play henceforth use this blueprint against us. Pyke has already made it known he's aware of what teams are trying to do. The more we play against the "blueprint", the more we figure out how to adapt to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back