Club History The Carlton GOAT - NOW VOTING!

Who was better?

• Bruce Doull

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • Stephen Silvagni

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m 52, seen a lot of them. Have my GOAT who’s still in the race.

Thought I would give the old man a call, all 84 years of him, still sharp as a tack.Watches every game.
Asked him who was the Carlton GOAT, the best there ever was?

He said without any hesitation. Big Nick.
He’s been the best.

Asked him why?
He said, he made us the best. He said, he made them fear us.

Last edited:
I had issues with the OP, but Jeremias was very clear......so I have gotten my head around it.

If you imagine the thread title is Best Carlton player you've seen, y'all will sleep a lot better.
Exactly. Personally I was surprised to see Nicholls pass the first round for that reason alone. He may have been the greatest player to ever play for our club, but that's not what this is about.

Sorry to the OG's but i cant vote for someone i have not seen play... Nicholls, Southby and Jezza must of all been awesome.
or were they?

Exactly. Personally I was surprised to see Nicholls pass the first round for that reason alone. He may have been the greatest player to ever play for our club, but that's not what this is about.
ships are safest in the harbour but that's not what harbours are for........

Sorry to the OG's but i cant vote for someone i have not seen play... Nicholls, Southby and Jezza must of all been awesome.
I know where you live, and when i charge the battery in my mobility scooter i'm coming. :)

Diesel for me. Without the physical prowess of an Ablett he was equally as freakish in other ways. How common it was to see him tuck the ball under one arm while running forward pointing with other for how his teammates should be setting themselves up. He conjured goals. Would love to see his stats for score involvements.

Braddles played more games, but it's not Diesel's fault selectors let him go not once, but twice. Should have never been anything but a bagger.

My two cents re Judd over Big Nick ... that's just bollocks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can hear your electronic scooter being charged up from here. Just remember, do not drive it in the dirty western or northern suburbs, even if it is a direct line to where you need to track down Rosscoe.

Can hear your electronic scooter being charged up from here. Just remember, do not drive it in the dirty western or northern suburbs, even if it is a direct line to where you need to track down Rosscoe.

Where's the Broady Boys when you really need them?

So let me get this right. Bradley and Williams (great players both) are still in and Nichols and Jezza are out? The world has clearly gone mad.
Nope, Braddles is gone too now.
But yeah, big Nick and Jezza are gone. The thread title is misleading.
Should be, of the players, I saw, whom is the best I saw play. Then would not be misleading.

I’m 52, seen a lot of them. Have my GOAT who’s still in the race.

Thought I would give the old man a call, all 84 years of him, still sharp as a tack.Watches every game.
Asked him who was the Carlton GOAT, the best there ever was?

He said without any hesitation. Big Nick.
He’s been the best.

Asked him why?
He said, he made us the best. He said, he made them fear us.

Same deal with my father (90yo)
Big John ... no question !!
When asked what made Nick special, he said ... ask his opponents ...

It's Interesting to see who our top 12 players were in our top 150 which was named in 2014 by the club;

1. Nicholls
2. Kernahan
3. Doull
4. Jezza
5. SOS
6. Bradley
7. Walls
8. Johnston
9. Southby
10. Williams
11. Hands
12. Judd

It's Interesting to see who our top 12 players were in our top 150 which was named in 2014 by the club;

1. Nicholls
2. Kernahan
3. Doull
4. Jezza
5. SOS
6. Bradley
7. Walls
8. Johnston
9. Southby
10. Williams
11. Hands
12. Judd
Thy does not like this.
Where is Hunter ?
Certainly above Judd in my eyes.
Guess the year was 2014 so with Judd still playing, that currency of the NOW got him in ahead of him.

Back