Remove this Banner Ad

TigerToughSkin

Draftee
Jul 5, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsena; Chicago Cubs
It may be just kicking a ball around a muddy field, however there is no denying that Australian Rules Football is made to thrill and delight the public. In my last T.O.C, I selected a team in jest consisting of the meanest men in football. So now I would like to go the other side of ledger. The word courage is something that has always been associated with football, and it’s something the Football Public enjoy take a piece home with after viewing the game. But who would be the upmost deserving to wear the Badge of Courage. Again it got me thinking, and in doing so I selected a team in which their Super Human feats of Courage Both of the Field as well as On It would be more than deserving of that mantle. This would be a Team of the Century that I actually like to see be brought into fruition. As It would be an absolute honour for players to be heralded as the bravest, courageous, tenacious and fearless in the history of the game. I know that will be highly unlikely; so I decided to put it upon myself to choose those who have amazed me with their courage.

Have I got it right? Tell me who you think should be included. Or create your own. Cheers

THE AFL COURAGE TEAM OF THE CENTURY
B: Neale Daniher(SYD/ESS) Francis Bourke(RICH) Adam Ramanauskas(ESS)

HB: Gavin Brown(COLL) Tom Lonergan(GEEL) Glen Archer(NM)

C: Robert Di Pierdomenico(HAW) Greg Williams(GEEL/SYD/CARL) Wayne Schwass(NM/SYD)

HF: Luke Hodge(HAW) Dermott Brereton(HAW/SYD/COLL) Matthew Richardson(RICH)

F: Paul Kelly (vc)(SYD) Jonathan Brown(BRIS) John Platten(HAW)

FOLL: Jim Stynes(MELB) Leigh Matthews (c)(HAW) Joel Selwood(GEEL)

INT: Jarryd Roughead(HAW); Brett Kirk(SYD); Darryn Cresswell(SYD);Jason McCartney(COLL/ADEL/NM)

COACH: Robert “Bob” Rose(COLL)

ASSISTANT COACH: Beau Vernon(LEONGATHA)
…………………………………………………………………..
Neale Daniher: He was courageous as a player, having gotten up every time he was struck down during his injury ridden career. But as we all know, his tireless campaigning against Motor Neurone Disease ever since he was hit with affliction personifies his true courage

Francis Bourke:One of the toughest hombres to ever play the game. His courage was personified when he played and entire game with a broken leg, and kicking a match winning goal with blood oozing from a deep gash in his forehead

Adam Ramanauskas: A cancer survivor, his persistence to not let it beat him was admirable. He returned the following year after his treatment in 2003, and had a solid year playing every game of 2004. He never once sought to use his illness as an excuse

Gavin Brown:A two-time winner of the Robert Rose Award for Most Courageous Player. His courage was shown on display in the 1990 Grand Final when after being knocked out by Terry Daniher in a Quarter Time Brawl, he retuned later in the game and kicked his second goal. He even played on the man who decked him and did not take a backwards step. He showed himself to be an absolutely fearless player in all situations

Tom Lonergan:A man who shows tremendous fortitude after a near-death experience after rupturing a kidney in a courageous marking contest against Melbourne. He nearly bled to death on the operating table, and was in coma for four days after having life-saving surgery. He then returned to the Geelong Reserves the following year and kicked 6 Goals in the 2007 VFL Grand Final in Best on Ground Performance, in which a gave an emotional acceptance speech after receiving the Norm Goss Medal. Now an AFL Premiership Player, and one of Geelong’s and the games most determined and reliable defenders, every person has to take his off to Tom Lonergan

Glen Archer: A man who one six Robert Rose Awards, there is no football fan who wouldn’t deny that Arch would have a crack at anything. After having his hand shattered in 2003, it then developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which began to kill of the muscles in his hand. From then on he needed pain-killing injections to bend his hand 90 degrees. However unsurprisingly, it stop going in to the contests and the Football Public was in awe of his tenacity. He was later inducted as “Shinboner of the Centuary”

Robert Di Pierdomenico:There is no denying the fact the Dipper would put himself his harms way just short of running through a brick wall. He wasn’t fazed by the blood that was trickling from a significant cut from his head in the 1986 Grand Final. In the Grand Final 1989, Dipper played with broken ribs and a punctured lung after being cleaned up by Gary Ablett. He collapsed shortly after the game, and was in intensive care for eight days afterwards.

Greg Williams: “Diesel” as was affectionately known as, revolutionised the game with skilful effective handballing. He was skilful, fearless and tenacious, and made sure that he left nothing in his “Diesel Tank”

Wayne Schwass: A player with blistering pace and courage, “Schwatter’s” biggest battle on and off the football field was depression and mental illness (topics which I am pretty familiar with myself). To play at that top level, and to be the kind of player he was, it is absolutely amazing he had the courage to play on with that horrendous affliction. He was instrumental in setting up The Sunrise Foundation, which assists other athletes who also suffer with depression

Luke Hodge: One of the toughest and courageous players ever in the modern era, Luke Hodge was one who never liked to show anyone when he was in pain. Perhaps the most graphic instance was when he coughed up blood during a game after a solid collision with Justin Koschitzke in a final 2008. Despite having rib and lung damage, he played on and went on to lead the Hawks to the Premiership that year.

Dermott Brereton: He dished it out, but never cried out whenever he was on the receiving end. The penultimate of this was during the 1989 Grand Final after he cleaned up by Mark Yeates in the opening seconds of the game. His body convulsing, vomiting, and later to find out he suffered a ruptured kidney and internal bleeding, he refused to be defeated. He broke free from the trainers’ arms and screaming in pain, made his way to the forward line. Seconds later he then took a courageous mark and kicked a quick goal, as well as two crucial more and was an instrumental contributor to keep the Premiership away from Geelong. It was just typical of Dermott’s determination to never be second best throughout his career

Matthew Richardson: A man who made sure he left nothing in the tank, and then some after a game. His courage was showed on three separated occasions when he kicked 96 goals in 1996 after missing the previous year after undergoing a Total Knee Reconstruction. He also ignored medical advice on two separate occasions when he played a game with a Broken Jaw, and a game with a Fractured Cheek Bone. He always wore his heart on his sleeve, and it showed

Paul Kelly: After winning 4 Consecutive Robert Rose Awards (94-97) and a Fifth in 2000, it was no wonder Sydney Fans labelled him “Captain Courageous”. Regarded as the best player of the mid-nineties, after capturing two Brownlow Medals. He was revered by his peers and coaches alike for his “heart”, and was always shown with his head down and backside up in his endeavour to win the footy. So highly thought of, his number was retired by the club, until Craig Bird was rewarded with it.

Jonathan Brown: A Brute of a Man, who would throw himself to a contest like a Super Hero and in doing so, would leave the Football Pubic breathless. His Mark of the Year in 2002 running back against the run of play displayed his paramount courage. He suffered a succession of horrific facial injuries, which left half his face missing with various plates and screws inserted to help reconstruct it. His Crash-Bang Style of Play led to his retirement 2014, due to Health Concerns.

John Platten: This is a man who had just recently revealed had 40 Concussion (I have had just one and that was bad enough. I hate to feel what 40 would feel like). This was a result of always putting his head over the ball. Affectionately known as “The Rat” for his ability to find himself in tight spaces in contests.
Jim Stynes: Every ounce of the word “Courageous” describes the Late-Great Jim Stynes on several different levels. Apart from his much storied journey from the other side of the world, and the southern hemisphere, and later breaking the Consecutive Games Record (where he played with a compound rib fracture, a media ligament tear); It was his much public battle with cancer, and the way he handled him himself throughout his battle in raising awareness and charity for the disease for others to have a fighting chance. There just doesn’t seem to be enough words to describe the Paramount Courage of Jim Stynes. VALE JIM STYNES

Leigh Matthews: Arguably the greatest player to ever have played the game. It was as though nothing seemed to faze “Lethal” Leigh Matthews. He had great disregard for his own wellbeing, throwing his body through anything. Even Goal Posts!” He played the game in a totally fearless manner, and believed the words of his then coach John Kennedy; “Real Courage Was Being Able to Overcome That Fear.” He was a leading figure in Hawthorn’s Golden Era of Success in the 1970s’, and embodied qualities that made the Hawks the envy of other clubs. He will be always ranked as one of the Games’ All-Time Greats. If Not, The Greatest.

Joel Selwood: Perhaps regarded as today’s games’ most courageous player. He always leads from the front and has little regard for his own well being (as I have concern for his for his post football career). From the word ‘GO’ his career has been revered by his peers and the Football Public alike with his natural athleticism, and his dominant plays as well as his blunt courage. He is also the youngest man ever to represent Victoria at just 19. His head-down approach to the game has resulted in a series of concussions and horrific facial injuries where like Jonathan Brown, he to has had to have steel plates inserted. Fearless, skilful, and a great leader every footy fan has tipped their hat to Joel Selwood

Jarryd Roughead: A talented footballer and an extremely brave man who is in the biggest battle of his life. He has beaten cancer once before, and I am highly confident he can fight the second round off. GET WELL SOON ROUGHY

Brett Kirk: Regarded as one of the toughest and most respected midfielders in the competition. Has amassed the 4th highest amount of tackles in the history of the AFL, and is Club Record Holder for the Most Consecutive Games.

Darryn Cresswell: You cannot question someone’s courage when they’re lying in the middle of the ground trying whacking their kneecap back into place (in three attempts, and then continuing to finish the game. A tough and hardworking midfielder, who always put on a desperate attack on the football. His courage earned himself a spot of the Swans team of the Centuary

Jason McCartney: A survivor of the 2002 Bali Bombings, he thumbed his nose at terrorism when pulled on the boots for one last gallant effort.

Robert Rose: Who else would be better to coach this team of brave warriors, than the man who had the Courage Award named after him?

Beau Vernon: This is a special selection that is bit close to me. As I do not know Beau personally I have deep family roots in Leongatha, and was living there at the time when this terrible accident happened. Playing for the Firsts for the Leongatha Parrots against the Wonthaggi Power in the Gippsland Football League, Beau Vernon received an accidental knock to the head and neck; leaving him with C5-C6 Quadriplegia. With Great Courage and Fortitude, Beau moved Heaven and Earth to progress with his life and not let his affliction define him. Once he was as fit as his body could let him, he then became Senior Coach of the Leongatha Parrots and had even led them into a Grand Final. He spoke candidly at the AFL Season Launch about his battle in front of AFL Royalty and featured in segments in the AFL Media. Beau Vernon you are an inspiration to me and too all those how breath. And even though I live in Inverloch these days, Leongatha always has a special place in my heart and may you have great success in life as you do in football. BE STRONG BEAU!
…………………………………………………………………………………………

Ablett Senior should be in the team ahead of Platton. He only ever went 100mph at the ball and it wasn't his fault most came off second best.
Copped his fair share of nasty collisions too.
Roughead, Richardson, Ramanauskas just weren't in the same vicinity as Milane/Shaw, Worsfold, Voss, etc.

Good list however. I cannot imagine any current team getting close to that one. Jim Stynes would put Goldstein, Mumford, Naitanui to shame.

Ablett Senior should be in the team ahead of Platton. He only ever went 100mph at the ball and it wasn't his fault most came off second best.
Roughead, Richardson, Ramanauskas just weren't in the same vicinity as Milane/Shaw, Worsfold, Voss, etc.

Good list however. I cannot imagine any current team getting close to that one. Jim Stynes would put Goldstein, Mumford, Naitanui to shame.

That's why I would like to see some Footy Experts come together and put together a team based on players personal strengths and courage.

I nearly put Voss in the team, but he fell short in favour of Kirk

Thanks for Commenting

The Roughead inclusion is a bit of a wank, if we're being brutally honest. He just got cancer.

Some other considerations:

John "Sam" Newman.

Much like Tom Lonergan, Newman played most of his career with one kidney, having injured it in the 1967 first semi-final against Collingwood. He would play another 13 seasons.

Dale Weightman.

"The Flea" is a type 1 diabetic. During his career at Richmond, he often had to inject himself with insulin on the interchange bench.

Tony Lockett.

"Plugger" is an asthmatic. It was a regular occurance during his playing career at both St. Kilda and Sydney that the big man would have to come off the ground and take his relieving medication.

There's 3 cases of real courage not considered.

Last edited:
Gee no Voss?

Probably one of the toughest passage of plays I've ever seen in football. Extraordinary leader.

Far enough, who should I replace for Voss then mate?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some other considerations:

John "Sam" Newman.

Much like Tom Lonergan, Newman played most of his career with one kidney, having injured it in the 1967 first semi-final against Collingwood. He would play another 13 seasons.

Dale Weightman.

"The Flea" is a type 1 diabetic. During his career at Richmond, he often had to inject himself with insulin on the interchange bench.

Tony Lockett.

"Plugger" is an asthmatic. It was a regular occurance during his [playing career at both St. Kilda and Sydney that the big man would have to come off the ground and take his relieving medication.

There's 3 cases of real courage not considered.

Never realise that about the last two until you told me. Sam was in my emergencies.

In terms on of on-field courage, the amount of times I saw Mark Harvey back into packs and get crunched or knocked out would be very high. I can think of one example that would have video of it.

1991 at the MCG against North. Whatever possessed Harvs to back into a pack that had Mick Martyn amongst others I will never know. Took the mark too. But it was a hallmark of his career. Off the field he was courageous in how he had to battle bulimia and a brain tumour.

Another is Bob Skilton. He sure copped it. 12 black eyes, 4 broken noses, 3 broken wrists, numerous concussions plus depressed fractures of cheekbones. The pictures of him winning ther 1968 Brownlow with 2 black eyes would probably alarm nearly as many people today as it did then. But, in typical style, he would receive the accolades on TV Ringside.

After taking off the sunnies, Ron Casey calmly said: "I can say this honestly you're amongst friends". Bob's reply: "but, they would have stopped it earlier!". In 3 straight weeks he had been hit by Ken Greenwood (Footscray), John Rantall (his own South Melbourne team-mate) and Collingwood's Len Thompson.

Colbert and Carey should be certainties into this team.

Carey's skills often overshadowed how much courage he had.

It may be just kicking a ball around a muddy field, however there is no denying that Australian Rules Football is made to thrill and delight the public. In my last T.O.C, I selected a team in jest consisting of the meanest men in football. So now I would like to go the other side of ledger. The word courage is something that has always been associated with football, and it’s something the Football Public enjoy take a piece home with after viewing the game. But who would be the upmost deserving to wear the Badge of Courage. Again it got me thinking, and in doing so I selected a team in which their Super Human feats of Courage Both of the Field as well as On It would be more than deserving of that mantle. This would be a Team of the Century that I actually like to see be brought into fruition. As It would be an absolute honour for players to be heralded as the bravest, courageous, tenacious and fearless in the history of the game. I know that will be highly unlikely; so I decided to put it upon myself to choose those who have amazed me with their courage.

Have I got it right? Tell me who you think should be included. Or create your own. Cheers

C: Robert Di Pierdomenico(HAW) Greg Williams(GEEL/SYD/CARL) Wayne Schwass(NM/SYD)

HF: Luke Hodge(HAW) Dermott Brereton(HAW/SYD/COLL) Matthew Richardson(RICH)

INT: Jarryd Roughead(HAW); Brett Kirk(SYD); Darryn Cresswell(SYD);Jason McCartney(COLL/ADEL/NM)

Neale Daniher: He was courageous as a player, having gotten up every time he was struck down during his injury ridden career. But as we all know, his tireless campaigning against Motor Neurone Disease ever since he was hit with affliction personifies his true courage

Francis Bourke:One of the toughest hombres to ever play the game. His courage was personified when he played and entire game with a broken leg, and kicking a match winning goal with blood oozing from a deep gash in his forehead

Adam Ramanauskas: A cancer survivor, his persistence to not let it beat him was admirable. He returned the following year after his treatment in 2003, and had a solid year playing every game of 2004. He never once sought to use his illness as an excuse

Gavin Brown:A two-time winner of the Robert Rose Award for Most Courageous Player. His courage was shown on display in the 1990 Grand Final when after being knocked out by Terry Daniher in a Quarter Time Brawl, he retuned later in the game and kicked his second goal. He even played on the man who decked him and did not take a backwards step. He showed himself to be an absolutely fearless player in all situations

Tom Lonergan:A man who shows tremendous fortitude after a near-death experience after rupturing a kidney in a courageous marking contest against Melbourne. He nearly bled to death on the operating table, and was in coma for four days after having life-saving surgery. He then returned to the Geelong Reserves the following year and kicked 6 Goals in the 2007 VFL Grand Final in Best on Ground Performance, in which a gave an emotional acceptance speech after receiving the Norm Goss Medal. Now an AFL Premiership Player, and one of Geelong’s and the games most determined and reliable defenders, every person has to take his off to Tom Lonergan

Glen Archer: A man who one six Robert Rose Awards, there is no football fan who wouldn’t deny that Arch would have a crack at anything. After having his hand shattered in 2003, it then developed Carpal Tunnel Syndrome which began to kill of the muscles in his hand. From then on he needed pain-killing injections to bend his hand 90 degrees. However unsurprisingly, it stop going in to the contests and the Football Public was in awe of his tenacity. He was later inducted as “Shinboner of the Centuary”

Robert Di Pierdomenico:There is no denying the fact the Dipper would put himself his harms way just short of running through a brick wall. He wasn’t fazed by the blood that was trickling from a significant cut from his head in the 1986 Grand Final. In the Grand Final 1989, Dipper played with broken ribs and a punctured lung after being cleaned up by Gary Ablett. He collapsed shortly after the game, and was in intensive care for eight days afterwards.

Greg Williams: “Diesel” as was affectionately known as, revolutionised the game with skilful effective handballing. He was skilful, fearless and tenacious, and made sure that he left nothing in his “Diesel Tank”

Wayne Schwass: A player with blistering pace and courage, “Schwatter’s” biggest battle on and off the football field was depression and mental illness (topics which I am pretty familiar with myself). To play at that top level, and to be the kind of player he was, it is absolutely amazing he had the courage to play on with that horrendous affliction. He was instrumental in setting up The Sunrise Foundation, which assists other athletes who also suffer with depression

Luke Hodge: One of the toughest and courageous players ever in the modern era, Luke Hodge was one who never liked to show anyone when he was in pain. Perhaps the most graphic instance was when he coughed up blood during a game after a solid collision with Justin Koschitzke in a final 2008. Despite having rib and lung damage, he played on and went on to lead the Hawks to the Premiership that year.

Dermott Brereton: He dished it out, but never cried out whenever he was on the receiving end. The penultimate of this was during the 1989 Grand Final after he cleaned up by Mark Yeates in the opening seconds of the game. His body convulsing, vomiting, and later to find out he suffered a ruptured kidney and internal bleeding, he refused to be defeated. He broke free from the trainers’ arms and screaming in pain, made his way to the forward line. Seconds later he then took a courageous mark and kicked a quick goal, as well as two crucial more and was an instrumental contributor to keep the Premiership away from Geelong. It was just typical of Dermott’s determination to never be second best throughout his career

Matthew Richardson: A man who made sure he left nothing in the tank, and then some after a game. His courage was showed on three separated occasions when he kicked 96 goals in 1996 after missing the previous year after undergoing a Total Knee Reconstruction. He also ignored medical advice on two separate occasions when he played a game with a Broken Jaw, and a game with a Fractured Cheek Bone. He always wore his heart on his sleeve, and it showed

Paul Kelly: After winning 4 Consecutive Robert Rose Awards (94-97) and a Fifth in 2000, it was no wonder Sydney Fans labelled him “Captain Courageous”. Regarded as the best player of the mid-nineties, after capturing two Brownlow Medals. He was revered by his peers and coaches alike for his “heart”, and was always shown with his head down and backside up in his endeavour to win the footy. So highly thought of, his number was retired by the club, until Craig Bird was rewarded with it.

Jonathan Brown: A Brute of a Man, who would throw himself to a contest like a Super Hero and in doing so, would leave the Football Pubic breathless. His Mark of the Year in 2002 running back against the run of play displayed his paramount courage. He suffered a succession of horrific facial injuries, which left half his face missing with various plates and screws inserted to help reconstruct it. His Crash-Bang Style of Play led to his retirement 2014, due to Health Concerns.

John Platten: This is a man who had just recently revealed had 40 Concussion (I have had just one and that was bad enough. I hate to feel what 40 would feel like). This was a result of always putting his head over the ball. Affectionately known as “The Rat” for his ability to find himself in tight spaces in contests.
Jim Stynes: Every ounce of the word “Courageous” describes the Late-Great Jim Stynes on several different levels. Apart from his much storied journey from the other side of the world, and the southern hemisphere, and later breaking the Consecutive Games Record (where he played with a compound rib fracture, a media ligament tear); It was his much public battle with cancer, and the way he handled him himself throughout his battle in raising awareness and charity for the disease for others to have a fighting chance. There just doesn’t seem to be enough words to describe the Paramount Courage of Jim Stynes. VALE JIM STYNES

Leigh Matthews: Arguably the greatest player to ever have played the game. It was as though nothing seemed to faze “Lethal” Leigh Matthews. He had great disregard for his own wellbeing, throwing his body through anything. Even Goal Posts!” He played the game in a totally fearless manner, and believed the words of his then coach John Kennedy; “Real Courage Was Being Able to Overcome That Fear.” He was a leading figure in Hawthorn’s Golden Era of Success in the 1970s’, and embodied qualities that made the Hawks the envy of other clubs. He will be always ranked as one of the Games’ All-Time Greats. If Not, The Greatest.

Joel Selwood: Perhaps regarded as today’s games’ most courageous player. He always leads from the front and has little regard for his own well being (as I have concern for his for his post football career). From the word ‘GO’ his career has been revered by his peers and the Football Public alike with his natural athleticism, and his dominant plays as well as his blunt courage. He is also the youngest man ever to represent Victoria at just 19. His head-down approach to the game has resulted in a series of concussions and horrific facial injuries where like Jonathan Brown, he to has had to have steel plates inserted. Fearless, skilful, and a great leader every footy fan has tipped their hat to Joel Selwood

Jarryd Roughead: A talented footballer and an extremely brave man who is in the biggest battle of his life. He has beaten cancer once before, and I am highly confident he can fight the second round off. GET WELL SOON ROUGHY

Brett Kirk: Regarded as one of the toughest and most respected midfielders in the competition. Has amassed the 4th highest amount of tackles in the history of the AFL, and is Club Record Holder for the Most Consecutive Games.

Darryn Cresswell: You cannot question someone’s courage when they’re lying in the middle of the ground trying whacking their kneecap back into place (in three attempts, and then continuing to finish the game. A tough and hardworking midfielder, who always put on a desperate attack on the football. His courage earned himself a spot of the Swans team of the Centuary

Jason McCartney: A survivor of the 2002 Bali Bombings, he thumbed his nose at terrorism when pulled on the boots for one last gallant effort.

Robert Rose: Who else would be better to coach this team of brave warriors, than the man who had the Courage Award named after him?

Beau Vernon: This is a special selection that is bit close to me. As I do not know Beau personally I have deep family roots in Leongatha, and was living there at the time when this terrible accident happened. Playing for the Firsts for the Leongatha Parrots against the Wonthaggi Power in the Gippsland Football League, Beau Vernon received an accidental knock to the head and neck; leaving him with C5-C6 Quadriplegia. With Great Courage and Fortitude, Beau moved Heaven and Earth to progress with his life and not let his affliction define him. Once he was as fit as his body could let him, he then became Senior Coach of the Leongatha Parrots and had even led them into a Grand Final. He spoke candidly at the AFL Season Launch about his battle in front of AFL Royalty and featured in segments in the AFL Media. Beau Vernon you are an inspiration to me and too all those how breath. And even though I live in Inverloch these days, Leongatha always has a special place in my heart and may you have great success in life as you do in football. BE STRONG BEAU!
…………………………………………………………………………………………
Nick Riewoldt > Jarryd Roughead (imo)

The fact he was one of the goat snipers disqualifies him imo. Also disqualifies Dipper, Mathews, Williams and maybe Brereton

Also criminal that Riewoldt isn't in there, and Hodge is imo

this really pisses me off with famous people. 99% of famous people couldnt give a rats tossbag about things like MND until it affects them. dont remember daniher saying a damn thing about it until it became a problem for him. good on him for raising money for the illness lets just stop pretending that its courage

I''ve reviewed my team sometime ago and decided to make so changes. I've put Voss over Richardson as he has one a Bob Rose Trophy and has performed a tremendous amount of courage as both a player and a leader

HF: Luke Hodge(HAW) Dermott Brereton(HAW/SYD/COLL) Michael Voss(BRIS)

I''ve reviewed my team sometime ago and decided to make so changes. I've put Voss over Richardson as he has one a Bob Rose Trophy and has performed a tremendous amount of courage as both a player and a leader

HF: Luke Hodge(HAW) Dermott Brereton(HAW/SYD/COLL) Michael Voss(BRIS)

id take out hodge and put in a packet of burger rings! he is the ultimate gutless thug first to hit a bloke from behind then go crying to the umpire, only to come in and wrestle with the bloke he has just wacked after another one of his team mates are there to help him.

you cant go past Gary Ablett! always went full pelt at the ball, tangled with the neanderthals of the game Mick Martins & Craig Kellys

If we are taking off field acts into account the 150+ players who have died on active service for the nation would be taking up most of the spots i would have suggested...

Perhaps an Fallen Soldiers Team of the Century should be considered. Unfortunately my knowledge on that subject isn't great, and something doesn't really get discussed as much as it possibly should.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back