Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo Volume 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Brother equiv-clearly. We need to remember TGO is a country boy at heart and he was once a young aspiring champ footballer.

While TGO must reside in the city he is a country adventurer at heart. Every now and then, with a majestic sweep of his mitt, kebab and chiko roll wrappers fly from the top of the bespoke bedside table made of Dominos pizza boxes.

On top of the bedside table is one of TGO's treasures - a cassette radio. There is only one tape. It is a bootlegged (word) recording from the one concert TGO ever attended.

It was during a footy trip with the boys during TGO's magnificent career. Down they went to Gippsland, a holy place that has produced many a quality Dons player. After TGO had several humble repasts, the team got bored and persuaded him to come with them to a concert.

They said it was country music and there would be several girls there. A barn dance or Slim Dusty thought the dewy eyed young TGO. "Hang on I've gotta change".

TGO went to his tent and gently unpacked his red and black checked shirt. It was wrapped around the remains of a boiled leg of mutton. The shirt already had two packs of Winnies in the buttoned down pockets over each pocket. "C'mon Dolly Parton", said Bunger Bell, TGO's best mate.

Off with his mates to the local country hall, TGO's ears began to pain him. It was not Slim and there was not another checked shirt in sight. "Wart is that noyse? It'll never replace moosic."

The concert was one of remarkably few given by the sadly mortal firefly of Oz country punk, "Rrr Rrr Rural and my Tractor won't start". The night by almost measure was not a success:

Bunger kept nicking TGO's Winnies to roll them up with other baccy.​

Someone nicked TGO's emergency pack of Dimmies.

TGO spoke briefly to a rather depressed looking girl dressed in black. Her name was Wilson. On saying "Buck up Lurve", she misheard this as "Faark up love?" and booted him in the gonads.

This caused TGO to reel back and led to the collapse of the band's speakers on to TGO's noggin. "Ima bang header, gimme a beer", were his first words. "I don't like Wilson." were the second lot of words.

But alas there was no more VB. "We've only got this Mexican stuff"
The rest is history. TGO was the first Bang Header. The name Wilson still causes pain in the mighty loins. The sound on the tape is the noise of an uncapped holy Corona. Bunger's cassette recorder had been switched on at the precise moment, the first Corona was uncapped.

Was momentarily alarmed and then reassured by his revelation on AFL 360 that 'last night I was like, don't you want to kill Tim Memberey...(pause)..not literally'

It is good he qualified this, because if TGO was genuinely inciting viewers to hunt down and murder a football player for poor skills that would be a bad look.

Some particularly extravagant wrist-flicking from TGO during the bit about his beloved Bombers tonight. His benevolence was truly on full display when he expressed concern about Woosha’s gaunt appearance. TGO of course is no stranger to the risk of sudden and unpredictable weight fluctuations, having long ago committed to the holy diet of dim sims and Jim Beam premix

Alas Brothers I have been overseas the past few weeks and have been unable to watch TGO's sermons - I did catch last night and TGO proclaiming that He was our Father while wearing an Iron Man mask showed that He has lost nothing.
Reading these pages have warmed my heart knowing that He is still alive and pontificating as per usual. Thank you fellow clergy members, for without you all I would have nothing to meditate on this weekend.
Praise.

Alas Brothers I have been overseas the past few weeks and have been unable to watch TGO's sermons - I did catch last night and TGO proclaiming that He was our Father while wearing an Iron Man mask showed that He has lost nothing.
Reading these pages have warmed my heart knowing that He is still alive and pontificating as per usual. Thank you fellow clergy members, for without you all I would have nothing to meditate on this weekend.
Praise.

Attachments

• 04688F1B-F7A1-49C9-A514-C0D7C8AAADD7.jpeg
    04688F1B-F7A1-49C9-A514-C0D7C8AAADD7.jpeg
    188.5 KB · Views: 130

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Robbo on 360 : I didn't watch half the Melbourne and Adelaide game but what I did see

Shouldn't the Herald-Sun football writer/dribbler be expected to watch every game of AFL?

Otherwise it makes his incoherent dribble even more meaningless

Robbo on 360 : I didn't watch half the Melbourne and Adelaide game but what I did see

Shouldn't the Herald-Sun football writer/dribbler be expected to watch every game of AFL?

depends if he actually writes his own column

Yeah. You really should be watching every single game. Kind of taking the piss out of your own job if you don’t.

Yeah. You really should be watching every single game. Kind of taking the piss out of your own job if you don’t.
Yep. At least dont openly admit you dont.

Then again he was probably pissed whan he said it

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I liked the bit last night when TGO named his Wednesday love but downgraded it to a “strong like”. Such was his obvious contempt that I’ve actually forgotten who said player was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back