Updated The Delphi Teen Murders - Video of killer found in Libby's phone * AN ARREST HAS BEEN MADE

Remove this Banner Ad

Richard Allen's defence team has asked for the case to be dismissed because some of the exculpatory evidence has been destroyed

You’re kidding!!!

This sh*ts me to tears, honestly.

I hope it doesn’t. This sick prick needs to be behind bars for the rest of his life.

Not much chance of a dismissal, the lawyers are reaching imo
I was trying to keep up with the Murder Sheet Podcast because they always seemed to be in the know being in Indiana and having the legal background helped and often on location. I couldn't keep up with all the episodes about what Richard Allen's lawyers were doing.

Balwin and Rozzi still having their say.

I wish for the families of Abby and Libby that this legal stuff settles down so that Richard Allen can get a fair trial and the families can get the trial out of their focus.

Here is an article about what you describe Kurve.

I listened to the latest murder sheet podcast and they said that there was a question about the pre-trial hearing on Monday which looks like it has been delayed a month.

Supreme Court Summary was Baldwin and Rozzi are back on the case. Judge Gull is suitable to continue and is considered unbiased.

Baldwin and Rozzi can complain as much as they want but nothing will happen unless she was to do something real bad.

"A few days after the Indiana Supreme Court made their ruling, Rozzi and Baldwin once again called for Gull’s disqualification.

“There is no recognizable legal rationale which supports Judge Gull continuing to preside over this case,” their motion read in part. “At every stage, from now until the conclusion of this case, the actions and rulings of the court will be scrutinized through the lens of Judge Gull’s error.”

But there was a caveat to the defense’s motion.

Gull was going to be the one to determine whether she would take herself off the case.

On Wednesday, Gull denied the defense’s motion, citing the Indiana Supreme Court’s decision to have her stay on board."

I don't believe this most recent development has been posted about yet. The police appear to have lost 70 days worth of interviews due to an apparent technological stuff up, which only emerged when the defence raised questions about missing evidence as part of discovery and received some sort of memo indicating evidence was lost.

This is a mess. Aside from the fact that losing 70 days of evidence with apparently no logs to determine what it was is a disaster, withholding that information from the defence can have even more serious consequences.

I don't know how any conviction will be safe after everything that has happened in the investigation and trial.

I am devastated for the girls. They had the wherewithal to covertly film and record their attacker, giving everyone an enormous head start to justice and it has been so thoroughly botched that they may never see justice.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back