The door just opened for T Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

There's still a few ahead of him at the moment. He'll get games in the middle of the year, but considering our start, I think Clarko will want to go with guys with experience at the top level.

Really liked Duryea's game in a final for Box Hill last year (Geelong I think) and looks like he has taken that into this season. Playing pretty fearless football and seems to click with our back half. May be a fast learner too. For mine he has shown the sort of game that could earn him a debut against the Cats. Hope it happens and hope he keeps it up. Looks very solid.

IMO we would be courting disaster if we play all 4 of Lake, Gibbo, Schoey and Stratton in the same side. I feel Stratton might be the unlucky one.

Dureya is ready and he must take his opportunity when presented.
Stratton can play small and often did last year. He is an absolute lock along with the rest of them. I would go with Cheney above Duryea simply because Cheney has never done anything wrong when playing in the seniors, he has just been unlucky due to not having many injuries in defence the last couple years.

Duryea was good v the tigs. Loved the way he peeled off his own opponent to affect a spoil. We have spent a fair bit of time and money on this kid and was great to see him show a bit.

Be interesting to see how he will get a run. We know what Cheney can do. It is not great, more like servicable. I hope we put some games into Duryea as he looks like he has some room to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back