The exact moment it all went to crap ... The Godfather Offers of 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

“All I want is to make sure when my times up at North, the club is in a better position than when I started”

Nice work Brad

LOL, look he had a dip and The Godfather stuff "should" in theory have worked.

I dunno it wins us a flag, but maybe.

What you said is this. “Well, given one was CEO, yes I can blame him for some of the s**t we're enduring now.” Like I said “A bit rich coming from someone who insinuated that Euge was to blame for our current plight” You have “NFI” from what you’ve posted from one post to the next. Here ye is a tip. Get off the weed and stop frequenting Treasury Gardens. :stern look

The word "some" is crucial there.

I understand you've got some weird pathological dislike of Brady Rawlings, it doesn't stand up to any scrutiny, but here we are, you making odd personal attacks.

There are multiple points that lead us to this disaster.

*Our terrible recruiting over many years.
*Our complete inability to develop the players we did recruit.
*Our failure to move on players as soon as they showed inability to meet the grade, instead of endless list clogging with second rate or project players.
*The endless mid table results that kept us from accessing top talent
*Our complete failure to trade up the draft.
*Brad Scott's endless faith in the mediocre playing list, that saw us never trade any player out to improve draft standings.

The most critical point of the whole failure.
*The complete overestimation of the 2015 prelim result that saw us try and top up to go again, when a rebuild should have been started.
Think about trading out a number of senior players out of the 2015 side, getting on high end draft talent and still having the experience in the team to nurture this emerging talent into a new force.
Instead of the spoon worthy 2020 house clearing, were we burned the list to the ground, we could have been challenging for flag.

Going after top end talent with a huge check book in 2017, just made us look desperate, we had to suffer the embarrassment of rejection after rejection, which only served the poison the well of any real talent wanting to join North.

Last edited:

*Brad Scott's endless faith in the mediocre playing list, that saw us never trade any player out to improve draft standings.

*The complete overestimation of the 2015 prelim result that saw us try and top up to go again, when a rebuild should have been started.
Think about trading out a number of senior players out of the 2015 side, getting on high end draft talent and still having the experience in the team to nurture this emerging talent into a new force.
Instead of the spoon worthy 2020 house clearing, were we burned the list to the ground, we could have been challenging for flag.

Going after top end talent with a huge check book in 2017, just made us look desperate, we had to suffer the embarrassment of rejection after rejection, which only served the poison the well of any real talent wanting to join North.

That's a good summation.

Ok , it wasn't Brad's decision to axe those players, 100% wasn't. I don't like him one bit, never did, but that isn't true.

There was a certain person involved who I wont name. But he's a ****wit when one considers his role and his inability to string a coherent sentence together.

He had no right to that role, yes he didn't give himself the job Buckley would have, I assume and whoever called out Buckley as a poor choice when he was announced was 100% correct. Someone did from memory.

1716708829543.png

FFS, FMD & FML - he was Footballer Director, probably deserves an LOL. I'd have done a much better job.
And why TF would they entertain me for that gig, they wouldn't I'm not qualified, just like the silly prick who got the job.
And lol for business demands, his role and only role was/is to organise the booze.
And Cunners didn't want to retire, but was pushed by the other imbecile Rawling.
And you can add "" to the last two sentences.

We all know we could do with Cunners now. Heads need to role.

*Our failure to move on players as soon as they showed inability to meet the grade, instead of endless list clogging with second rate or project players.

A lot of home truths here although the idea of blowing up the list at the end of 2015 would have been a hard sell. It's kind of valid in hindsight, but I still find it hard to accept that the Bulldogs of 2016 was that much better than our team if fully fit.

Ok , it wasn't Brad's decision to axe those players, 100% wasn't. I don't like him one bit, never did, but that isn't true.

There was a certain person involved who I wont name. But he's a ****wit when one considers his role and his inability to string a coherent sentence together.

He had no right to that role, yes he didn't give himself the job Buckley would have, I assume and whoever called out Buckley as a poor choice when he was announced was 100% correct. Someone did from memory.

View attachment 2001498

FFS, FMD & FML - he was Footballer Director, probably deserves an LOL. I'd have done a much better job.
And why TF would they entertain me for that gig, they wouldn't I'm not qualified, just like the silly prick who got the job.
And lol for business demands, his role and only role was/is to organise the booze.
And Cunners didn't want to retire, but was pushed by the other imbecile Rawling.

Are you refusing to name this person because of his status within the club and among supporters?

A lot of home truths here although the idea of blowing up the list at the end of 2015 would have been a hard sell. It's kind of valid in hindsight, but I still find it hard to accept that the Bulldogs of 2016 was that much better than our team if fully fit.
Blowing up the list is what we did in 2020, moving on two or three senior players a year, for 3 years is controlled renewal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I've named the Pelican before, he could football though.

His son is about as good at footy as he was a football director. :p
Great footballer for sure. I have never heard that he was instrumental in the 2016 axings but I'm pretty sure his fingerprints are all over the scorched earth delistings from 2020. But it's much easier to lay the blame for that at Brady Rawlings' feet.

In 2016 we lost Waite, Higgins, Jacobs, Wright then for shorter periods, McDonald, Brown, Cunners, Wood and a few others.

Blowing up the list is what we did in 2020, moving on two or three senior players a year, for 3 years is controlled renewal.

Certainly, there were aging players that still had value in 2015 and we could have secured reasonable draft or trade capital by moving them on back then. By the time we went nuclear, nobody had any value so we were having to replenish the list with a poor draft hand.

I think this feeds back into the OP's point to some extent. Once we started the ground-up rebuild, we were already pretty rooted, and we needed 5 years' worth of top-end draft picks to complete the job. Having effectively missed the target in 2020 (Will Phillips) and 2021 (JHF), we are now just 2 years into that process

Brad wanted to leave an over-arching legacy. I think he achieved that.

To force 4 senior guys into retirement on the eve of a finals campaign beggars belief.

If NM felt he was the best man for the job, who was he to walk?

He promised Boomer that when he’d made up his mind re Boomers future, he’d let him know.

In a nutshell, Brad Scott sodemised our club prior to his departure.

View attachment 2001498

There’s no doubt our Football Directors over the last decade deserve an appropriate level of scrutiny around where we find ourselves.

At the end of the day the Board sign off on strategic direction and significant contract decisions, and if you’re a Board member who has a business background and has never played league football of course you’re going to put significant weight on their perspective.

I gather that my signed jumper would not be of interest to you then TAR.

I feel that its value has depreciated considerably since around 5:43PM this afternoon.

A good friend who knows a little about footy said to me 18 months ago that he had destroyed the club with a litany of poor decisions. I suspect it is all coming home to roost. I am so sad.

A good friend who knows a little about footy said to me 18 months ago that he had destroyed the club with a litany of poor decisions. I suspect it is all coming home to roost. I am so sad.
I’m not, I’m ****en angry and he should be stripped of his status .Has done more damage to North than Carey achieved.

Which yes is ironic.

I’m not, I’m ****en angry and he should be stripped of his status .Has done more damage to North than Carey achieved.

Which yes is ironic.
Heck, that does it. The freakin' jumper is going into the next wash.

With Sard's wondersoap and some Vim if necessary.

I'm confused.

Are we talking about Bailey Scott's father, Brad?

I'm confused.

Are we talking about Bailey Scott's father, Brad?
Darryl McDonald

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back