Mega Thread The Flat Earth Mega thread.

What shape is the Earth?

• Globe

• Flat circle

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again, the authenticity of the videos needs to be questioned - there are some simple means for explaining the apparent lack of a curvature.

The sheer size of our planet, when weighed up against the limited scope of human sight, is the most obvious one.
Problem is simple test have been done every day, something is messed up. Something is not right surely us round Earthers can see this.

Am I saying the Earth is flat? Nope

Have they been feeding you rubbish since school? Highly probable.

Problem is simple test have been done every day, something is messed up. Something is not right surely us round Earthers can see this.

Am I saying the Earth is flat? Nope

Have they been feeding you rubbish since school? Highly probable.

Oh it's highly likely some of what we learned as kids isn't true, or is a skewed perspective - but on this subject? It seems like a conspiracy for the sake of it, one with a great many holes too.

Oh it's highly likely some of what we learned as kids isn't true, or is a skewed perspective - but on this subject? It seems like a conspiracy for the sake of it, one with a great many holes too.
The entire theory of a globe earth is rooted in observable science. We apparently have the full diameter/circumference of a globe earth, and the mathematical formula to determine curvature. Yet nothing ever holds up to these simple tests here on Earth. You cannot just trust images from space, and what NASA tells you. If you're basing your entire faith in that as vindication of globe earth proof, then who's the idiot or buying crap. Your own observable testing never shows curvature. So going off all mankind can do outside of trusting space programs who have been shown to lie....all we can do is test ourselves from our very own planet. And it never shows. There's credence to a flat earth theory therefore. Simple.

The entire theory of a globe earth is rooted in observable science. We apparently have the full diameter/circumference of a globe earth, and the mathematical formula to determine curvature. Yet nothing ever holds up to these simple tests here on Earth. You cannot just trust images from space, and what NASA tells you. If you're basing your entire faith in that as vindication of globe earth proof, then who's the idiot or buying crap. Your own observable testing never shows curvature. So going off all mankind can do outside of trusting space programs who have been shown to lie....all we can do is test ourselves from our very own planet. And it never shows. There's credence to a flat earth theory therefore. Simple.

Yet by your own admission a few pages back, you had no explanation for how the sun is powered if gravity (a key ingredient of a spherical earth) is not a real thing. There's no math, no science, to support flat earth, beyond the meagre 'our perceptions only pick up a flat horizon'. With long-distance observations of railway lines, they can appear straight yet actually be curved by the time the train approaches them. Our perceptions as human beings are heavily limited by our biology.

What we can learn, by using the various tools we have created, is more about the world around us, and these tools all bring back the same conclusions - we live on a sphere, which is one of several in our solar system. There is no given reason for the conspiracy that supposedly hides the 'truth' from us - no explanation for the huge effort expended to conceal the ice wall, or why literally millions of people have kept silent about 'the truth' for several decades.

I wonder GG, if you would be interested in turning this into a more organised debate?

Absolutely flat Earth has its flaws, that's why I am not a flat Earther. But what flat has done is open up Pandora's box on to the round Earth model. Which now I highly doubt it's authenticity as is accepted in the world today. The fact that Antarctica is a mystery to this day which should give you a clue they are willing to lie and deceive you.

I am happy for flat Earthers to continue to probe this subject because they are more likely to get to the truth than some who just accepts the clear rubbish NASA and science feed us.

Last edited:
I'm damaged now where everytime I hear Adele, instead I think of this....(which I must admit, was a damn good rendition and nice lyrical adaption)...

(WATCH THE *ingG VIDEO)

Seems legit but who made all the glass?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely flat Earth has its flaws, that's why I am not a flat Earther. But what flat has done is open up Pandora's box on to the round Earth model. Which now I highly doubt it's authenticity as is accepted in the world today. The fact that Antarctica is a mystery to this day which should give you a clue they are willing to lie and deceive you.

I am happy for flat Earthers to continue to probe this subject because they are more likely to get to the truth than some who just accepts the clear rubbish NASA and science feed us.

I don't think there's any Pandora's Box here. Flat Earth Theory has popped up more due to ignorance of science and in some cases, a desire to combine pseudo-science with religion. Whatever flaws may exist in our current models of the earth, are insignificant compared to the painful flaws in FE theory, and certainly not enough to warrant throwing out those existing models in favour of ???.

This is a problem - people want to see conspiracies where there are none. It's fashionable to 'question the establishment', but this has led to questioning - and hampering - scientific endeavour (since people conflate politics and science these days). This is why we've had the science marches recently - it's a reaction to the way in which armchair scientists and conspiracy theorists baffle and confuse with gobbledegook. They've had enough and are pushing back against this sort of nonsense, and rightly so.

I don't think there's any Pandora's Box here. Flat Earth Theory has popped up more due to ignorance of science and in some cases, a desire to combine pseudo-science with religion. Whatever flaws may exist in our current models of the earth, are insignificant compared to the painful flaws in FE theory, and certainly not enough to warrant throwing out those existing models in favour of ???.

This is a problem - people want to see conspiracies where there are none. It's fashionable to 'question the establishment', but this has led to questioning - and hampering - scientific endeavour (since people conflate politics and science these days). This is why we've had the science marches recently - it's a reaction to the way in which armchair scientists and conspiracy theorists baffle and confuse with gobbledegook. They've had enough and are pushing back against this sort of nonsense, and rightly so.
You say this with such conviction, yet you can't tell me a damn thing about Antarctica.
This is no conspiracy it's guarded and you are not allowed to go past certain points.

News reports telling you a view of a whole city is a mirage because their round Earth maths doesn't add up. This is not a conspiracy this happened.

Scientist are the guys who pretend to be open and honest but you get shown the door, reputation tarnished, if people who are much smarter than you and I, dare question the possibility of certain thing being wrong. There is no chance to prove anything right or wrong with this tow in line.
Many scientist in history labeled crazy spouting gobbledegook only to proven right years later. Its a fine one between crazy and genius. I see no different here.

Does this mean the flat Earthers are right?

absolutely not,

But if I was choosing sides to seek the truth on how the world works I choose the people who continue to question over the "nothing to see here I am satisfied let's troll them" crowd.

Its funny though ancient civilisation thought the world was flat, yet some were geniuses at maths and architecture.

Last edited:
You say this with such conviction, yet you can't tell me a damn thing about Antarctica.
This is no conspiracy it's guarded and you are not allowed to go past certain points.

There are several groups who completed a full traverse of Antarctica unsupported. All of the 1,100 miles of it.

Here is one

http://www.spear17.org/
https://www.soldierscharity.org/spear17-complete-epic-1100-mile-expedition-antarctica/

These are are all private groups have connections to NASA or any US government entity.

Plenty of people have done Antarctic expeditions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Antarctic_expeditions

Then recently Mike horn completed a full traverse from north to south (Pole2pole) without falling of the edge LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Horn

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are several groups who completed a full traverse of Antarctica unsupported. All of the 1,100 miles of it.

Here is one

http://www.spear17.org/
https://www.soldierscharity.org/spear17-complete-epic-1100-mile-expedition-antarctica/

These are are all private groups have connections to NASA or any US government entity.

Plenty of people have done Antarctic expeditions

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Antarctic_expeditions

Then recently Mike horn completed a full traverse from north to south (Pole2pole) without falling of the edge LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Horn

For starters Antarctica is 14,000,000km2

Secondly no one has fully explored Antarctica only way to see it all is through satellite images. Surprise surprise Google Earth has 3 million square miles of it at a very low blurry resolution.

Thirdly Under the Antarctica treaty there are 16 restricted areas you can't go to due to "scientific" and "environmental" value. Governed and overseen by 32 nations. Just look at the artic region restrictions to see the difference.

Those damn scientist restricting stuff again. You can f*** up anything else in the world, bomb the hell out of any country dump rubbish into that ocean let the lawless run riot but the minute you step into Antarctica that stuff just doesnt fly.

And lastly I didn't bring up Antarctica to prove flat Earth as I will say again I don't believe in it.
Only brought it up to make the point how science and government agencies lie and distort the truth Which people eat up as kosher. And why I side with people who want to question what they are told (even though I might not agree with their premise), and not swallow it.

Last edited:

News reports telling you a view of a whole city is a mirage because their round Earth maths doesn't add up. This is not a conspiracy this happened.

Scientist are the guys who pretend to be open and honest but you get shown the door, reputation tarnished, if people who are much smarter than you and I, dare question the possibility of certain thing being wrong. There is no chance to prove anything right or wrong with this tow in line.
Many scientist in history labeled crazy spouting gobbledegook only to proven right years later. Its a fine one between crazy and genius. I see no different here.

Does this mean the flat Earthers are right?

absolutely not,

But if I was choosing sides to seek the truth on how the world works I choose the people who continue to question over the "nothing to see here I am satisfied let's troll them" crowd.

Its funny though ancient civilisation thought the world was flat, yet some were geniuses at maths and architecture.

I can tell you plenty about Antarctica. It covers 14 million square KM. It is surrounded by ice shelves. It is home to a variety of species that have been able to adapt to the unique environment. There are areas of Antarctica deemed off limits for environmental or scientific reasons, which in my view is fine - it doesn't automatically mean there's something murky going on: http://www.nytimes.com/1985/10/20/us/16-areas-restricted-under-antarctic-treaty.html

No one I know (no one serious anyway) claims scientists are anything other than human beings who can and do make mistakes. In fact, it's because science is open to being continually tested and challenged by new discoveries that we have continued to learn more about the world around us.

The trouble with conspiracy theorists like Flat Earthers is that their conspiracies exist for the sake of it. It's trendy to challenge the 'establishment'. It doesn't mean there's any validity to their claims, and this goes well beyond Flat Earth stuff. If it isn't explainable now, right now, if there's any sort of gap in a theory, it's latched on to as a sign of how we're being lied to, or manipulated, often by people who offer zero explanation for how to fill these gaps, or zero working theories to replace existing ones. It's stuff like this that will weaken our scientific progress, not help it.

For starters Antarctica is 14,000,000km2

Secondly no one has fully explored Antarctica only way to see it all is through satellite images. Surprise surprise Google Earth has 3 million square miles of it at a very low blurry resolution.

Thirdly Under the Antarctica treaty there are 16 restricted areas you can't go to due to "scientific" and "environmental" value. Governed and overseen by 32 nations. Just look at the artic region restrictions to see the difference.

Those damn scientist restricting stuff again. You can f*** up anything else in the world, bomb the hell out of any country dump rubbish into that ocean let the lawless run riot but the minute you step into Antarctica that stuff just doesnt fly.

And lastly I didn't bring up Antarctica to prove flat Earth as I will say again I don't believe in it.
Only brought it up to make the point how science and government agencies lie and distort the truth Which people eat up as kosher. And why I side with people who want to question what they are told (even though I might not agree with their premise), and not swallow it.

For expedition, there are no restrictions on where you can go. You can go anywhere you like as long as you are registered for it and willing to take the risk. The terrain is not very friendly hence you have restrictions, same with arctic circle. You can traverse but not as a tourist, this is for your own safety. There are flights from South America and Australia leaving for Antarctica every month.

No one owns Antarctica and its impossible to live here, cause temp can drop to less than -90, but the pact is between 48 countries who has bases there. Why wont you expect restrictions when the annual average temperature is -58 c? you think its the people hiding some sort of a dinosaur or the edge of the world? you are wrong.

90% of the worlds ice is there coldest and driest place on earth. Are you surprised that they have restrictions? i mean what will you do there? other than die of hypothermia?

Since they have restrictions you automatically assumed something fishy is going on?

You expect google earth to take high res pictures of millions of miles of white ice and glaciers? what will that achieve actually? Humans cannot live at -60C AVERAGE temperature. Period. I personally wouldnt like to go there even if i could. It makes a lot of sense to restrict people who would die of hypothermia immediately.

And i am not sure what you want google earth to show you? there are plenty of high res images of Antarctica on google earth, heck people have already discovered a so called "pyramid" thanks to google earth.

There is no NWO or Illuminati stuff going on mate, Antartica is a joint expedition of over 45 countries. Its used for scientific exploration and studies since its not fit for human settlement. So you are saying some 48 countries agreed into a joint conspiracy to hide something about the shape of the world? well no one gets anything by hiding that. And you would have thought our ancestors couldnt survive the weather. You wont last -70 C if you dont have special clothes. They are right to restrict people not to travel beyond a certain point unless you want people to die. Some parts were measured at -90 C. Why on earth would you let anyone go there? i mean seriously, you need to be insane to allow people to commit suicide.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Antarctica

Last edited:
So while you've decided to waltz on in and hurl your moron calling insult,maybe you can explain why NASA feels the need to doctor all the images of round ball earth?
Unaltered image taken from 18,000 km by the (unmanned) Apollo 4 flight in November 1967:

1280px-AS4-1-410HR.jpg

so... this peggy whitson setting the record for the longest time 'in space'. seems like an amazing achievement!

how long is peggy spending 'space'? well our good friends at CNN have the answer for us:

No one is touching her mark anytime soon. When she returns home, in September, she will have logged 666 days in space.

surely i'm not the only one who finds that exact number a little odd.

Back