The food and wine thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a great thread.
Had delicious Turkish lamb for dinner with a tabouli salad lots of lemon in it.
Just delicious.

Then I learnt about spanking, Turkish baths, and big and small utensils who I assume are spatchcocks.

The next generation of Italian Tomato Sauce makers today.

0091BD27-E348-497E-BFCB-DD6BC0F4DE6F.jpeg

EEA57898-292B-4315-83A9-E95CF4F86D8D.jpeg

32E0A0F0-9ABB-4920-A2BA-79B89DA8CCC7.jpeg

Quality parenting CFC

The only time my kitchen would look like that would be if we were disposing of a body

I am not denying or admitting that I may have called in this bloke on the kids at the end of our Tomato Sauce making today. :cool:

image.jpeg

Impressive how neat and tidy they work.
You don't cook it before you bottle it? When they are in season I make enough to last me a year, but I add a few ingredients to make a base sauce and cook it first.

The Greek simply follows instructions from the Italians my friend.

We cooked it first.........then put it through the machine.......salted then bottled it.

Final process was to boil again in the bottle for an hour........we have made a years supply today.

For lunch we had the fresh tomato sauce with some al dente linguine......heaps of Nonnas fresh chillies very yummy.

We cooked it first.........then put it through the machine.......salted then bottled it.

Final process was to boil again in the bottle for an hour........we have made a years supply today.

For lunch we had the fresh tomato sauce with some al dente linguine......heaps of Nonnas fresh chillies very yummy.
I imagine you boil it again to ensure it doesn't go off.
Here is a little trick that I learned to save you doing that.
I put it straight into the jar while it is still hot put the lid on and turn it upside down.
As the sauce cools the internal pressure reduces which in effect sucks the lid down tight ensuring a perfect seal.
Never had one go off yet.

I imagine you boil it again to ensure it doesn't go off.
Here is a little trick that I learned to save you doing that.
I put it straight into the jar while it is still hot put the lid on and turn it upside down.
As the sauce cools the internal pressure reduces which in effect sucks the lid down tight ensuring a perfect seal.
Never had one go off yet.

I will advice my Calabrese and Pugliese in laws of your trick my Turkish friend........but they are a "testadouro" so I don't like my chances :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vic Park, two bottles please.:D

I love home made sauce. I only use Mutti puree when cooking sauces.

Hey CFC2010, mattress and base $150? Garage sale?

Yeah they never sold Maggie5 need to get the council to pick up now.......my garage has now become a gymnasium a couple days a week with some school mums being trained by the wife.

Hey CFC2010, mattress and base $150? Garage sale?
I saw that too & thought who buys a second hand mattress?

The base fair enough but otherwise eewwwwwww.

wife recuperating from surgery - getting her appetite back - requested seafood risotto tonight - I obliged and added cherry tomatoes and asparagus.. went down a treat - she said "best risotto ever!" - seafood was scallops and prawns...

PS - nice "playlunch" snack for work - need small screwtop plastic container - chop up banana, approx 1/2 fresh mango and add frozen blackberries - nice combo...

Last edited:
Im just hungry reading these pages.

Excellent parenting too, kids in right colours, Walt’s removal if bodies Reid...

That’s what I’m talking about.....

544564A6-6739-4E2C-8B66-39B1E3DC8C33.jpeg

333F8045-DE53-49B1-AD35-AA828666DE6B.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back