Mega Thread The Footy Dept Thread Part I - #SackHardwick or #StandByDimma?

Should he go?

• See out his contract

Votes: 44 15.0%
  • See out the year

Votes: 130 44.2%
  • See out the day

Votes: 93 31.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 9.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rinse and repeat. Every 3 to 5 years the same thread comes up, just with a different Internet trend as the title.

If we did get a new coach, it's got to be someone top shelf who's coached a flag.

There's more, but I focused on the sandy haired ones.

It's a side of mini me's.

Cause he relates to them IMHO.
Ahhhhhhhhh i got ya.
Dam bring back KB so we can Nab Gaz.

Everyone else in the comp seems to be improving, yet we still get beaten in the exact same fashion to teams who individally aren't as good as us.

Not everyone.

Rinse and repeat. Every 3 to 5 years the same thread comes up, just with a different Internet trend as the title.

If we did get a new coach, it's got to be someone top shelf who's coached a flag.
It was suggested by someone.Longmire?

We would be starting our rebuild 40 games sooner
I talking about year end (if things go horrible), so not 40 games, 18 games. Out of respect, and I think we owe Dimma that for what he has achieved, I think he gets year end. To fire him Monday would be silly IMO.

We need a mini clean out over the offseason. This is why we need a new coach now imo. Someone who is able to assess the list over the course of the year and can make the hard decisions come the end of the season. Richmond's focus would be no longer to make the finals this year (I am not interested in making finals after losing to Bulldogs and Melbourne) but rather on how to sustain success in the future so that players like Cotchin, Martin, Rance and Riewoldt are not held back from success by a lot of the rabble around them.

The rest of the year would mean that under-performing players can no longer play complacently and get their pay checks too. They would be playing for their careers. I am sure that would get them to lift. If not, then they are shown the door

The spotlight needs to be shone on the assistant coaches.
Basic ball movement, structure and attitude are things Dimma should not have to be bemoaning during a match.
The forward structure is atrocious. One of the secrets of great forwards is they actually aren't genius play-makers who direct all incoming ball movement. Mids and half fwds need to gauge the ability of their forwards and lead their kicks accordingly. This almost never happens at Richmond.
Midfield spread is terrible. We are constantly seeing players getting in each other's way.
I spotted Vlastuin and Batchelor shepherding a few times tonight. Well done to them.
In the last five years our ability to switch has not improved. By the time a player decides to switch and the next receiving player has taken possession, the rest of the field has caught wind and adjusted accordingly. It is basic ball movement that has not been improved upon. Not good enough.

Even Richo is cottoning-on now. Mentioning a few times that the Tigers didn't respond. Didn't adapt. How easily they chipped the ball over our spread and moved forward.
These are the matches we need to win regardless of whether we have a few injuries.
I will not listen to people hosing down the situation and saying it's too early in the year. I've listened to that nonsense too much and have been conditioned to expect too little.

The most mind-boggling thing of the night, though, was when Cotch was asked if he copped a spray after the game and he said they actually hadn't spoken with Dimma...
Is this a tactic or did Dimma really think it was not necessary to let them know his opinions until Tuesday??

Mark Williams (not Choco) - midfield spread coach

After three seasons at Melbourne working initially as a development coach and then as midfield coach, the former Carlton and Footscray player joined Richmond in October 2011. (Yep he was at Melbourne in 2008, 2009 and 2010) lol

Coached Sandringham to three consecutive VFL premierships from 2004-06. Looks after Richmond’s offensive structures and
its forwards.

Aside from Choco and Rutten the rest of our coaching staff are ex Hardwick mates (even Choco) and they are all ****ing useless.

Brendon Lade - Why does Maric jump early and miss the ball completely every second centre ruck contest? We always give up easy clearances and this plays a huge role - SACK

Why do we have a defensive minded senior coach, a defensive analyst, a defenders coach, and a defenders development coach. When we have 3 midfield coaches (one is Lade who is really just a ruck coach), and 1 forward coach (development only). If you wondered why we struggle so much forward of centre.... that's ****ing why.

For me, I'd go get Lenny Hayes...(tomorrow), I'd get Jonathan Brown (don't care what people think but he actually says it how it is, and could kick at goal), I'd get Matthew Knights as an VFL Coach, I'd also get Brenton Sanderson as an Assistant, and Dean Cox as a ruck coach.

Get rid of Tim Clarke, Mark Williams (not Chocco), Max Bailey, Brendon Lade and Andrew McQualter and replace with these blokes. We might actually have a ****ing chance if the ex players coaching could actually play

I don't say much on here but I really think we need to be in Bomber Thompsons ear, we are getting out coached again, it's written all over this game. We continually play to the level of the lower teams (no offence to Melbourne they are improving). 6 years is too long for this rubbish in my book.

He doesn't want to coach, he really doesn't.... next

We would be starting our rebuild 40 games sooner

We sack him now and tell the new coach he has this year to rebuild and then finals is an expectation. 2 year contract, and if he fails sacked. It should be that simple, in other professional sports they can have multiple coaches in a season as a result of underachievement. Having Hardwick for so long just show's how weak our club is.

The spotlight needs to be shone on the assistant coaches.
Basic ball movement, structure and attitude are things Dimma should not have to be bemoaning during a match.
The forward structure is atrocious. One of the secrets of great forwards is they actually aren't genius play-makers who direct all incoming ball movement. Mids and half fwds need to gauge the ability of their forwards and lead their kicks accordingly. This almost never happens at Richmond.
Midfield spread is terrible. We are constantly seeing players getting in each other's way.
I spotted Vlastuin and Batchelor shepherding a few times tonight. Well done to them.
In the last five years our ability to switch has not improved. By the time a player decides to switch and the next receiving player has taken possession, the rest of the field has caught wind and adjusted accordingly. It is basic ball movement that has not been improved upon. Not good enough.

Even Richo is cottoning-on now. Mentioning a few times that the Tigers didn't respond. Didn't adapt. How easily they chipped the ball over our spread and moved forward.
These are the matches we need to win regardless of whether we have a few injuries.
I will not listen to people hosing down the situation and saying it's too early in the year. I've listened to that nonsense too much and have been conditioned to expect too little.

The most mind-boggling thing of the night, though, was when Cotch was asked if he copped a spray after the game and he said they actually hadn't spoken with Dimma...
Is this a tactic or did Dimma really think it was not necessary to let them know his opinions until Tuesday?
?

This is reasonably common after night games with some teams. I doubt there was anything Dimma could have said to them then that he didn't say at 3/4 time or 1/2 time.... Maybe they just aren't listening.... or maybe they just aren't very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know, I can relate a little.

Dimma making the same mistake a less experienced Ross Lyon made.

Coached all the xfactor out of the side.

Matt White summed up what he thought of flair and dare.

Cousin of Nick has lost his identity in the team first, decoy forward business that messed his head up.

Ross Lyon doesn't stifle it now at Freo, in fact he is encouraging it and building around it.

Exciting isn't a dirty word anymore.

FWIW I think a new coach could spark enough of your list that its not so dire.

Dare I say Knights?

Let's be honest Nahas and White shit all over Gordon and Lloyd. So why the **** did we recruit these players when we had steak at home.

Why is our number 1 pick from last year who has been playing well in the VFL getting overlooked when he is a great shot at goal and a genuine half forward? WHY?
Nahas was garbage

I talking about year end (if things go horrible), so not 40 games, 18 games. Out of respect, and I think we owe Dimma that for what he has achieved, I think he gets year end. To fire him Monday would be silly IMO.
Sorry mate we've given him the job for too long as it is
Should have been moved on after the Karmichael game
we owe DH nothing. Move shit coaches on ASAP Bulldogs and Crows smelt rats and are already better off
Professionally run clubs lead from the top with hard calls and calculated decision making
He has had an armchair ride with no pressure to perform
Benny and Peggy have failed bc they continue to back this good bloke in
They still think for the club to go fwd we need memberships and money money and more money
Hey iguys the money comes naturally when onfield performances improve
Lets make some childish video of a dud player with two pussies and that should get us two thousand cat lover members
The whole mentality is wrong
Spend your money on getting the best even go into debt for two years , bc once you start winning finals all the lost Tigers will be crawling from beneath rocks

e31.jpg

So it's possible we could go 2-8.... If that happened, you'd think DH would be gone. However we could be 4-6 and in no man's land.... 5-5 would be a win the way we are playing.... however that would have us beating say Geel, Coll and one of Norf in Tassie, Essendrugs, Port or Freo.... Wouldn't be all that confident in any of those 6... but DH will know his fate by the bye you'd think. After the bye it gets easier for a bit so it'll take the pressure off. If we hit the bye 2-8 it won't be any pressure for DH at all.... he won't be there.

He has become a much better player under Hardwick. Not Dimma's fault that Pup shanked 4 shots on goal

Dimma seems to have messed his head up so much he has forgotten how to go back and kick a goal. So no Dimma has not helped him. He was always on the way to becoming a good player, Dimma just had no better choice up forward.

He has become a much better player under Hardwick. Not Dimma's fault that Pup shanked 4 shots on goal

Disagree.

So his tackles and pressure acts are up?

He used to strike fear into opposition supporters, impossible to stop cause he wanted to be THAT guy.

I don't see that in him anymore, he looks bored.

Anyways, best of luck nutting it out, footy forums have interesting discussions on nights like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back