Moved Thread Why don't neutrals wear their footy gear on Grand Final Day?

Remove this Banner Ad

TigerTrain23

Senior List
Jul 14, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm copping a lot of negative banter from people at the shops this morning for being in my Richmond get up. So why don't people all wear their gear - regardless of where your team finished?

It must be pretty sad for Carlton and North fans if you've never worn your gear on Grand Final Day since 1999? Surely today is a day to include everyone and unite in our love of footy?

Attachments

• 20230930_110805.jpg
    20230930_110805.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 102

Starts well, ends in troll.

Ariana Grande Applause GIF by The Voice

Because it’s totally weird behaviour.
saw someone at the shops yesterday in a Melbourne guernsey and it was cringe.
campaigners use to do it if their side was in the reserves &/or u'19's gfs - pretty sure they even used to put the big banners on the fences at least for the Magoos grand finalists as well...:$

Just when you thought any campaigner wearing a footy jumper over the age of 15 to a game is weird, this guy starts wearing it when we’re not even playing….
Do you reckon that's bad? for 37 years I wore my long sleeve in winter and changed to short sleeve all summer! The laughs I used to get :'(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wear my tiger hat and coloured yella/black stripe top every time I go out of the house...and if it is cold...wrap the 21 year old tiger scarf round the neck to keep myself warm...as well as my black shoulder satchel! Might even take an navel orange for good luck!
Proud Boy wearing the colours!

Why do people care so much about other people wearing footy jumpers. How sad is your life if you're so worried about someone wearing a footy jumper over an arbitrary age or to the shops.

How does it effect your life if someone wears a footy jumper. F me some of you people are judgemental fun police.

the salt when oppos see the sacred yellow sash

good on you
I wore my Richmond hoodie to the cafe the other day and the campaigner thats there all the time was like "dont u know footy season is over"

Mind you he is an "Essendon supporter" who hasn't been to a game for over 20 years, my reply "When you see your team in your lifetime win 3 flags in 4 years, you can wear your team colors as much as you want, until then keep it quiet"

I wore my Richmond hoodie to the cafe the other day and the campaigner thats there all the time was like "dont u know footy season is over"

Mind you he is an "Essendon supporter" who hasn't been to a game for over 20 years, my reply "When you see your team in your lifetime win 3 flags in 4 years, you can wear your team colors as much as you want, until then keep it quiet"
Essendon campaigner - say no more.

There's nothing wrong with wearing your team's hat/shirt/hoodie at any time of the year.

OP decked out at the shops in Tigers scarf etc on GF day seems a bit weird though. Would you do that every day?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back