Remove this Banner Ad

fleabitten

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland Trailblazers
After the H&A season, Essendon finished on top with the Swans, Lions and Tigers rounding out the final four. The teams were all separated by just 6 premiership points. That year, the finals were played as a round robin and if the round robin winner and minor premier were different teams, they would play off in the Grand Final. The Tigers and Bombers both went 2-1 in the round robin but the Bombers had a better percentage and were awarded the flag without a Grand Final. So, yeah those were the rules and I'm not actually fuming about it (clickbait title sorry), but the funny thing is that Richmond beat Essendon in the last game of the year. The only time a team lost the last game of the year and still won the flag.

Add this to the pile. This ultimately led to the downfall of the VFA. Had they handled the situation correctly, Richmond would have stuck with the VFA virtually ensuring its future as the most prominent competition in the country. But they ****ed up and that honour went to the equally unsatisfactory VFL instead when we switched to them.

It is probably time for us to make another football league's dreams come true by switching again. You can only be robbed of so many flags before it is time to act.

After the H&A season, Essendon finished on top with the Swans, Lions and Tigers rounding out the final four. The teams were all separated by just 6 premiership points. That year, the finals were played as a round robin and if the round robin winner and minor premier were different teams, they would play off in the Grand Final. The Tigers and Bombers both went 2-1 in the round robin but the Bombers had a better percentage and were awarded the flag without a Grand Final. So, yeah those were the rules and I'm not actually fuming about it (clickbait title sorry), but the funny thing is that Richmond beat Essendon in the last game of the year. The only time a team lost the last game of the year and still won the flag.
Yeah I’m pissed off to I had tickets

And Geelong trying to buy into that action by having VFA flags included. Pathetic club.

Go CATTERS, GAGF.
A sad indictment on the attitude of the Geelong FC, if we cant win more then 10 flags in 125 years on ability alone lets see if we can get some media awarded "wins" included from what is a totally different competition from the late 1800's:$

So, what you're really saying is the AFL/VFL has been corrupt for 100 years?

jackie GIF

A sad indictment on the attitude of the Geelong FC, if we cant win more then 10 flags in 125 years on ability alone lets see if we can get some media awarded "wins" included from what is a totally different competition from the late 1800's:$
Sounds like Catweazle started that one up over a cordial with Colin.

Richmond 14 Essendon 15

I’m sure we can find more rorts from the boy’s club.

We will have 30 flags by the finish of this investigation.
The system of the right for the minor premier to challenge was in from 1898-1930. We won our first flag, 1920, via challenge as we lost to Carltoon in the first week of finals. So let's not go down that path...;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All we need is to basically find another dusty, jack, Cotch with pick 25, 78 and 115 in this draft and we are basically guaranteed to be leading the premiership ladder in the next 10 years.

Can we wait that long ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back